The Student Room Group

St. Andrews Medicine Applicants 2011 :D

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by teafil
Mine is at 4;15 :biggrin: I'm Romanian :smile: Are you considered an international applicant?

yea i am. maybe 9th feb is just for international applicants?! Well, i might see you there!
Original post by Vintage05
yea i am. maybe 9th feb is just for international applicants?! Well, i might see you there!

Teafil is not an international applicant:s-smilie:
Reply 622
Original post by Anterior view

Yep he's right... I'm considered to be a Home applicant (Romania is in EU for like... 5 years:colone::s-smilie::colondollar:)
Reply 623
Original post by Anterior view

O yea...of course..! haha sorry! my mistake!
I've firmed St. Andrews! I'm definitely interested in talking to some of you guys who think you might be firming as well--I really can't wait to meet you all. Good luck to everyone who is waiting for an interview/offer/about to interview!
Reply 625
Original post by RealisticApproach
I've firmed St. Andrews! I'm definitely interested in talking to some of you guys who think you might be firming as well--I really can't wait to meet you all. Good luck to everyone who is waiting for an interview/offer/about to interview!

Hey, could you tell us what was your UKCAT score? Well done with your offer ! I'd have firmed St. Andrews as well... provided I had an offer... :redface:
Original post by RealisticApproach

:five:

:dance:

:cheers:

[scroll]:ninja: i love smileys way too much[/scroll]
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by spacepirate-James
:five:

:dance:

:cheers:

[scroll]:ninja: i love smileys way too much[/scroll]

Guessing you haven't firmed it yet, just seriously considering it?
Reply 628
Had my interview on Tuesday, I think it went pretty good :biggrin: It was really casual, more like a conversation than questions being fired at me, and I made them laugh a couple of times so hopefully that's a good thing! :P For anyone that has already received offers, how long after the interview did you have to wait? I'm guessing if they don't get back to me after about 2 weeks then I'll have to wait until March?
Original post by garlicbreadman
glad ur interview went well!

Would u mind me asking ur stats and whether ur postgrad or undergrad

UKCAT - 732.5 average
Graduate - 2:1 pharmacy degree
Highers - AAABB (though dont think they look at this since i have a degree)

Original post by teafil
Hey. I've got a question regarding the interviewers. When you say they were really nice, does this include them having eye contact all the time or not rushing you with your answers? I've heard many interviewers don't actually allow applicants to develop a full answer or to finish their ideas :s-smilie:

The interviewers I had kept good eye contact when I was talking and they gave me time to answer my questions fully without rushing or cutting me off - though there were 6 other sets of interviewers so I dont know what they were like obviously!!

Original post by areyousure?
When you get invited to interview do you only get the email or also a letter?
thanks ^^

I got invited to interview by email only
Original post by ryan118244
That made me laugh so much!

congrats on your peninsula offer!! :biggrin:
Reply 631
congrats on your peninsula offer!! :biggrin:

Well done on your birmingham offer and getting it so early!
It's nice to know at the end of the day we are going to be doctors no matter what now :smile:
Good luck with the St Andrews interview! Where's your top choice?
Original post by ryan118244
Well done on your birmingham offer and getting it so early!
It's nice to know at the end of the day we are going to be doctors no matter what now :smile:
Good luck with the St Andrews interview! Where's your top choice?

Well, I still need to get the grades :P
I really don't know which one I will pick if I interview in successful. Birmingham was always my last choice but then when I went there I thought it was an amazing place and I really see myself there for 6 years. I've never been to St Andrews, though, so I can't really say until I have seen the new medical school and all the superb facilities it should have :biggrin: I wish I could mix them both and have the best of both !!
Rejected today :frown: . Does anyone know where/what the admissions tutor email is? I want to ask them if part of the reason for the rejection was because I'm already in a degree.
Reply 634
Original post by fabregassed
Rejected today :frown: . Does anyone know where/what the admissions tutor email is? I want to ask them if part of the reason for the rejection was because I'm already in a degree.

the email they use is [email protected] .

What was your ukcat score? :biggrin:
Original post by ukcathater
Don't be greedy:rolleyes:

:colondollar:sorry I got a bit carried away
Original post by teafil
the email they use is [email protected] .

What was your ukcat score? :biggrin:

Thanks ukcat was 685 average
Reply 637
Well, I still need to get the grades :P
I really don't know which one I will pick if I interview in successful. Birmingham was always my last choice but then when I went there I thought it was an amazing place and I really see myself there for 6 years. I've never been to St Andrews, though, so I can't really say until I have seen the new medical school and all the superb facilities it should have :biggrin: I wish I could mix them both and have the best of both !!

Yea well hopefully you will!
Yea I always think that for my other choices, though I have to say I absolutely love the pre clinical years at St Andrews!!
Reply 638
Original post by fabregassed

Sorry to hear that :frown: How did they notify you? Did you get an interview? I just got an email there saying that somethings changed on track, but track is under maintenance until 5 o'clock :frown: I'm a bit concerned now as maybe they would do a batch of rejections in the one day? Shall be a long wait until 5
Original post by KCosmo
Sorry to hear that :frown: How did they notify you? Did you get an interview? I just got an email there saying that somethings changed on track, but track is under maintenance until 5 o'clock :frown: I'm a bit concerned now as maybe they would do a batch of rejections in the one day? Shall be a long wait until 5

Did you check track?
Someone else was also waiting until 5 but she checked and it worked.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending