The Student Room Group

Edexcel M2 - 28/01/11

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Haly
well basically, to get an A* in further maths you need to average 90% in three A2 maths modules and because M2 is an A2 module, it contributes to one of your modules (if you get an 90 of above in it), so you would only have to then get 90 or more in another 2 A2 module. If that makes sense?

In fact if your still confused have a look at this:
http://www.edexcel.com/results/Pages/A-star-maths.aspx

Well sort of. You can get 92 in M2, 89 in M3 and 89 in FP2 and still get the A* if you get 480 combined overall.
Reply 241
Original post by chaz1992
Well sort of. You can get 92 in M2, 89 in M3 and 89 in FP2 and still get the A* if you get 480 combined overall.

Well yeh exactly that's what I meant but I suppose you were more precise! Lol.
You know what people should just read the info on the edexcel website (the link I posted.)
Reply 242
some one please post a mark schemeee!
Reply 243
Original post by Harry S Truman

Annoyingly I got the wrong answer for the ten marker, but retyped my exact workings into my calculator and ended up with the same number as all of you guys. Must have made some silly error when I was punching in the values or using my storage buttons. How many method marks do you think I'll net?

I did the exact same thing! I checked and was just about to write what was the right answer when they said pen's down and I couldn't :frown: gutted.

also yeah I have a feeling grade boundaries will be low, but not as low as last January. I predict 67 for the over 90 UMS and over 59/60 for an A of 80 UMS.

the guessing game begins - prize for the one that guesses it right come March?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 244
Original post by pts9
I did the exact same thing! I checked and was just about to write what was the right answer when they said pen's down and I couldn't :frown: gutted.

also yeah I have a feeling grade boundaries will be low, but not as low as last January. I predict 67 for the over 90 UMS and over 59/60 for an A of 80 UMS.

the guessing game begins - prize for the one that guesses it right come March?

Same here. Talked it through with my friends after the exam and we had identical working outs. Just different answers. So I must have misused sin and cos.
Probably lose 3 marks for accuracy. 4 at most?
I'm betting on lower UMS scores for 90UMS - but in a biased manner I have to admit. The reason being I don't want to have to retake in June. FP2, S2, S3 and M3 will be enough work as it is!
I have the feeling I will be retaking C3 again for the third time. Got 97UMS in C4. I guess you never know. Like you said the guessing game begins...

Anyone taking FP1 on Monday?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by anradu
I don't think you should worry about that. I got m to be 0.187 !!!
You'll lose 1 mark for accuracy though.

What did you get 1b as?
I got 0.4 but everyone seems to have got 0.08?
Did I forget to include resistance?

I got 0.08 too :s-smilie: I'm guessing you did forget then
Original post by anradu
Same here. Talked it through with my friends after the exam and we had identical working outs. Just different answers. So I must have misused sin and cos.
I'm betting on lower UMS scores for 90UMS - but in a biased manner I have to admit. The reason being I don't want to have to retake in June. FP2, S2, S3 and M3 will be enough work as it is!
I have the feeling I will be retaking C3 again for the third time. Got 97UMS in C4. I guess you never know. Like you said the guessing game begins...

I am =) There's not really much revision to do for FP1 is there?! It seems to be the same easiness as C2.
Reply 247
Is there any link to get M2 & M3 question of january 2011
Reply 248
Does Arsey post M2 mark schemes?
Reply 249
Original post by anradu

yeahh I really don't want to retake either. The annoying thing is I revised SO much for this paper and did every single past paper, solomon, review ex etc and felt that that didn't really help much for the real exam. waste of time gr :frown:

yepp doing FP1 too!! oh joy of joys. but its my last exam so I'm going to be so happy when its over!
Reply 250
Well, I messed tht up- used 100g instead of 100 on the moments question :/ forgot how to use the energy- work principle.... and then did other stupid things--- hooray :tongue: ahhhh well, last year got 76 ums on m1 LOL and ended up with A*... praying FP1 will be easier- worst exam week ever :eek: OCR chemistry and physics= wtf :frown:
Reply 251
Where on Earth is arsey?
Reply 252
Original post by Arsey
We don't have anyone doing M2 this session so I will not be able to get hold of the paper immediately; as soon as I get the paper I will do some solutions.. could be on the weekend but may not be until Monday.

help us arsey!!! do you think you'll have ths solutions today or monday??
Reply 253
Original post by cazzy-joe
Did anyone get work done in Q4 as 3450J ????

I did work done = frictional force * distance :mad:

I use that to find velocity which I got as 10.2 and also I found out velocity another way by first finding acceleration and both answers were the same:confused::confused:

Anyone remember distance which particle travel up and angle slope make with horizontal??????

I got 3450J but for the second part..for it going up the slope I got 8480J and then in the second part when it went down all the PE went to KE and work done againts friction. So your velocity is correct but the first part of the questions mightn't b. :frown:
Reply 254

Time for something to be 45 degrees below the horizontal means it's 135 degrees below the normal. tan 135 is -1, so the j vector divided by the i vector (t o a) would equal -1. As a result, I got time to be 40/49 seconds or 0.816 seconds and the velocity of it would be 3i - 3j so the speed would be 3 root 2. Did anyone else get that?

I just did tan45 = oposite/adjacent so vertical componet=horizontal, and then it works out the same. 3root2 but wrote it down as decimals. :smile:
Original post by Ajka
I just did tan45 = oposite/adjacent so vertical componet=horizontal, and then it works out the same. 3root2 but wrote it down as decimals. :smile:

3 dp and you should be fine.
Reply 256
F*ck, screwed this exam up, but I completely smashed M3 :smile:
Reply 257
still waiting for the paper
Reply 258
Original post by Arsey
still waiting for the paper

Yeah arsey is back!!!!!!!!!

p.s.

will you be doing any fp1 threads?
Reply 259
3 dp and you should be fine.

good :smile: oh I usually do 3 significant figures..would u say if I write the unrounded answers down and then the 3sf next to it..like they can't penalise :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending