The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
Original post by LondonTownGirl
WOW that's really brave but is that really the smartest thing to do? I mean what if you don't make the offers grade? an A* and 2 As aren't exactly a guarantee. and you never know you could be getting an offer from all 3 if you just have a little patience.

He has an unconditional from LSE :tongue:
Original post by LondonTownGirl
WOW that's really brave but is that really the smartest thing to do? I mean what if you don't make the offers grade? an A* and 2 As aren't exactly a guarantee. and you never know you could be getting an offer from all 3 if you just have a little patience.

I've already taken my A-levels, the offer is unconditional :smile:
Reply 2102
Rejected from Leicester, by letter. They have yet to update track.

Ucas sent 11/1/11.

Harsh. But most probably fair.
Original post by symone27
not atm, but that was happening to me like a week or so ago. dw it'll sort itself out :tongue:

Haha, OK thanks !
Congrats on your offer :smile:
Does anyone know if we get our Jan resit marks back, before we have to decide on firm/insurance?
Original post by High As A Kite
Does anyone know if we get our Jan resit marks back, before we have to decide on firm/insurance?

We get marks from january modules in march, and have to firm/insurance in may.
So, yes, we do.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
We get marks from january modules in march, and have to firm/insurance in may.
So, yes, we do.

whoa, May! plenty of time haha :smile:
Original post by brownies:)
Yep! I did just before xmas!

Course: LLB Law
University: Sussex
Offer: AAB or A*BB

What about you?:smile:

yh gt one today :smile:
AAB :smile:
X
Reply 2108
Course: LLB Law
University: Nottingham
Offer: AAA (i think, track is down)

:biggrin:

Well done!!! When did you receive the offer, today?
I'm sick of waiting for a reply :frown:
Original post by MessyLJH
Rejected from Leicester, by letter. They have yet to update track.

Ucas sent 11/1/11.

Harsh. But most probably fair.

To be fair, you did send the application pretty late (I thought I was really late when my ucas was sent 16/12/10).
Reply 2110
Original post by jhnj92
To be fair, you did send the application pretty late (I thought I was really late when my ucas was sent 16/12/10).

I think it was a case of me trying to punch above my weight rather than the timing of my application.

I received two offers in two weeks, so I'm not too bothered :wink:.
Original post by MessyLJH
I think it was a case of me trying to punch above my weight rather than the timing of my application.

I received two offers in two weeks, so I'm not too bothered :wink:.

Excellent, congrats anyway :biggrin:
Reply 2112
Offer from Nottingham woop
AAA :smile:
Reply 2113
Original post by cem79
Well done!!! When did you receive the offer, today?
I'm sick of waiting for a reply :frown:

Thanks :smile: and yesterday morning. I thought for sure that the email was a rejection from kcl haha :tongue:

i got an email from ucas saying my track had been updated at like half 7 this morning, but then ucas was down. so i logged onto the nottingham application website thing and it said they were making me an offer :smile:

Hi, i'm still waiting to hear from nottingham. What is the application website thing? I don't know anything about it.
Reply 2115
Original post by laurenisheeee
Hi, i'm still waiting to hear from nottingham. What is the application website thing? I don't know anything about it.

did you not get an email from them? :s-smilie: its this https://my.nottingham.ac.uk/media/uk/ac/nottingham/compass/layout/psp/

the "applicant portal"
So I was wondering which would be better for Law, UCL or Nottingham? I know of the obvious reasons for UCL but I thought Nottingham is well respected for Law too. Anyone know much more about the benefits of the two that would help me come to a decision?
Original post by smallfish
So I was wondering which would be better for Law, UCL or Nottingham? I know of the obvious reasons for UCL but I thought Nottingham is well respected for Law too. Anyone know much more about the benefits of the two that would help me come to a decision?

They're both good uni's, certainly. UCL wins on world (and UK) prestige, and is in London, which is a big plus (it would be for me, anyway. London kicks ass).
Unconditional offers from Dundee (English Law) and Nottingham so far!
2 down, 3 more to go:excited:
Original post by TimmonaPortella
They're both good uni's, certainly. UCL wins on world (and UK) prestige, and is in London, which is a big plus (it would be for me, anyway. London kicks ass).

Fair point. But I do live in London, so its hard to see the benefits of staying somewhere you've lived at for 18 years.
I'm sort of hoping the universities would make the decision for me haha :daydreaming: (although receiving a rejection would not be pretty)

Latest

Trending

Trending