The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Has anyone had an offer/rejection for Economics with Study in Continental Europe? Bristol are taking their sweet time....
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Samg123
I've got an offer for Politics but my girlfriend was rejected for French, so both departments have been making decisions...

Many congratulations! May I inquire as to when you applied and also when you received your offer? Is it going to be your firm?:smile:
Original post by grodecki

Original post by grodecki
Still nothing for Geosciences. Not seen anyone with offers from Earth Sciences at all. blaaaah. wait is killing mee.

General view is that it could be March or even April. Its a bit rubbish.
Original post by Booshak
Has anyone had an offer/rejection for Economics with Study in Continental Europe? Bristol are taking their sweet time....

I have an offer for straight econ...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 984
Original post by Glen_Nichols
I have an offer for straight econ...

That's awesome!! Can I ask when you got it? And what your grades are? Thanks!
Original post by Booshak
That's awesome!! Can I ask when you got it? And what your grades are? Thanks!

I got it on the 7th jan, my subjects/results are in my signature :smile:
Reply 986
Original post by LuckyKnitwear
Many congratulations! May I inquire as to when you applied and also when you received your offer? Is it going to be your firm?:smile:

I applied on the 6th of October and got my offer on the 16th of November (I think)
It will most likely be my firm, if I don't get anything from the LSE..
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Samg123
I've got an offer for Politics but my girlfriend was rejected for French, so both departments have been making decisions...

May I ask when your girlfriend was rejected? I'm waiting on French. Thanks
Reply 988
Original post by blahblah16
May I ask when your girlfriend was rejected? I'm waiting on French. Thanks

Mid January-ish I think...
Original post by Samg123
Mid January-ish I think...

Was it just French? I can't handle the waiting argh, thank you!
Reply 990
Original post by blahblah16
Was it just French? I can't handle the waiting argh, thank you!

Yep- just single honours French.
I am also applying for MSc in Computer SCience (University of Bristol). Please let me know is there any specific format for references docs. or Can you plz fwd me any reference doc, if you have.
Original post by sperdha.verma
I am also applying for MSc in Computer SCience (University of Bristol). Please let me know is there any specific format for references docs. or Can you plz fwd me any reference doc, if you have.

Dude, I said in the page before, none of us have any clue what you're on about and I don't think even if we had the reference docs, we'd be able to forward it to you or we'd be allowed to forward it to you. Besides, I don't think Bristol runs an undergraduate Msc Computer Science course anyway (it's all MEng), so I'm going to assume you're a postgrad student so you'll be better off asking someone off the postgrad threads if there are any.

Jeez, :rolleyes:
Original post by Elf.
Hey everyone,

Can anyone give me some pros and cons of each of the halls??
Very excited about my offer :biggrin:
Anyone else applying for philosophy or economics?
Xx

Probably better off looking at the accomm threads for this...

Pro's of:

Goldney: It's pretty to look at, convenient and social.

...that goes for Manor and The catered one in clifton I always forget the name of.

Don't know much about Stoke Bishop halls but I don't get why anyone would actively want to live so far away from the centre of Bristol in first year...

General con's for the above three is they have RAH reps to an extent...but so does everywhere in Bristol. Also not ensuite but you really don't need an ensuite as much as you think you do.

IMO best places to stay are the bigger student houses

Winkworth is an amazing location for the uni and the centre...and it's got decent sized rooms.

Hawthornes is slap bang in the middle of the precinct - you can fall out of bed and into lectures

Northwell is in the location I would most have liked to be in in first year, but alas - i had no idea how cool stokes croft/g road is in the days before applying....although take into account it's not in as shiny a place as the others and I'm speaking as someone who's really not into hanging out in Clifton at all...

oh and I hated richmond terrace but it is pretty....massive variation between room sizes though.
Reply 994
Applying for accounting and Finance :smile:
Going to a post offer open day on the 9th March! Anyone else going that day? :smile:
Reply 996
Original post by Pheebs1201
Going to a post offer open day on the 9th March! Anyone else going that day? :smile:

I'm going to Birmingham on that day, if it helps :tongue:
Original post by Potiron
I'm going to Birmingham on that day, if it helps :tongue:

Haha sadly not :tongue: whats your top choice? :smile:
Reply 998
I received an email from Bristol last night, not like a welcome email but just an email from my faculty that mentioned that they begin making most decisions in January(with a few exceptions). I guess it means it doesn't matter that much if you applied early, so everyone has somewhat of an equal chance
Unsuccessful for Bristol :frown:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending