The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This makes me very happy, if the HD2 is going for £200+ nearly a year a half after being released with an awful OS then my DHD should be able to go for £300 end of this year, or around that I guess.
Reply 3581
Original post by yoyo462001
This makes me very happy, if the HD2 is going for £200+ nearly a year a half after being released with an awful OS then my DHD should be able to go for £300 end of this year, or around that I guess.

Yeah that's one of the reasons I ordered my Desire Z rather than waiting for the dual cores. Means I'm in no rush to get a new phone, and can wait to see what the best stuff that comes out is - and when it does I can flog the DZ.

Original post by G8D
Any HD2 can be hacked/Androided with ease, right?

Answer within an hour preferable :smile:

I don't see why not :hmmmm2:

Original post by G8D
Well there are, increasingly, varying models of phones being released.

With different hardware comes potential issues. (example being the OSF).

I've not really researched it, so I have no clue. I assumed it would be.

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdamaster&posted=1&model=HTC%20Leo%20100&num_rows_max=0

http://pocketnow.com/thought/t-mobile-hd2-vs-htc-hd2-comparison

:s-smilie:

edit: Just thinking, what would I lose/gain if I got the HD2?

+ More power
+ More pixels
+ Flash
- A smallish phone? lol

Hmm.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3584
How long does it last?

I'd say just a few hours in use. :erm:
when I check battery use it's always display that has taken up most power (90+%).

I have sneaky feeling it may be the charger, I was at my friends house 12 hours ago when it became fully charged (was with a nokia charger though).

Theres still like a third of the bar left, I've been using it as normal- but was sleep 7 hours so I couldn't say for sure.

Original post by bigmo7
Recently flashed any new f/w?

Updated to 2.2 the day I got it, which was...17 days ago, give or take.
Original post by Yawn11

Original post by Yawn11
when I check battery use it's always display that has taken up most power (90+%).

I have sneaky feeling it may be the charger, I was at my friends house 12 hours ago when it became fully charged (was with a nokia charger though).

Theres still like a third of the bar left, I've been using it as normal- but was sleep 7 hours so I couldn't say for sure.

Download OS monitor from the market to make sure nothing is forcing the CPU to stay at 1ghz and the phone not sleep. That's very strange because that's an atrocious battery life and I know the GS has a good one. Definitely try different chargers.

Original post by G8D
HD2s keep going for just less than £210.

If I manage to flog my Hero for >£90 it could be worth it.

Ugh, decisions decisions.

I know, right?

I'm so close to just buying one

but I haven't even had my Hero for 6 months; it feels a bit wrong.
Reply 3587
Download OS monitor from the market to make sure nothing is forcing the CPU to stay at 1ghz and the phone not sleep. That's very strange because that's an atrocious battery life and I know the GS has a good one. Definitely try different chargers.

Yeah cheers, i'll download that now.

Original post by G8D
I'm on like 14 months. I can't whack it til September, regardless how how good (relatively) Cronos/ele can make my phone.

Why don't you think you can wait? :beard: What are you missing out on?

Original post by G8D
A phone that is usable 24/7.

I will do a clean install of a working CGB 1.x and be selective of what I install.
Then I'll reassess.

I haven't had any problems with this phone whatsoever! It's never been unusable. So an upgrade isn't necessary tbh but I want more :colondollar:

Original post by G8D
Cronos released Ginger 1.0.0

Not sure if cba flashing.

I've gone back to froyo (CM 6.1 cos cronos was down). Gingerbread just seemed really slow albeit a lot cleaner and nicer :smile:
Lol I do feel for you guys with pre Desire phone :console:
Think I'll wait until Cronos GB is using a Cronos kernel and not the Flykernel. It just seems wrong...
Reply 3593
Original post by Yawn11

And was the battery pretty bad after that? I get around 1% drain overnight so you shouldn't be getting that much drain overnight
Reply 3594
Got my Desire Z :biggrin: S'gooood. Any suggestions for apps and the like?

Original post by Kaph
Got my Desire Z :biggrin: S'gooood. Any suggestions for apps and the like?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29382210&postcount=3886
Reply 3596
So I'm still waiting on FroYo from Three.. it was supposedly made available last night, yet many of us still cant download it.... I'm getting rather put off android by these problems..
Original post by Kenny_uk

So I'm still waiting on FroYo from Three.. it was supposedly made available last night, yet many of us still cant download it.... I'm getting rather put off android by these problems..

Don't blame Android, blame Three :w00t:

Spoiler

Reply 3598
Original post by + polarity -
Don't blame Android, blame Three :w00t:

Spoiler

Thing is, it's taken me three months to tinker with my phone as it was to the point that I was happy with it..

Thing is, it's taken me three months to tinker with my phone as it was to the point that I was happy with it..

Back up your stuff before the update comes?

You should be able to restore your apps and most of your settings afterwards!

Latest

Trending

Trending