The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2120
Original post by smallfish
Fair point. But I do live in London, so its hard to see the benefits of staying somewhere you've lived at for 18 years.
I'm sort of hoping the universities would make the decision for me haha :daydreaming: (although receiving a rejection would not be pretty)

Even better if you live in London the cost of living may not be an issue for UCL. :tongue:
Reply 2121
Original post by TimmonaPortella
They're both good uni's, certainly. UCL wins on world (and UK) prestige, and is in London, which is a big plus (it would be for me, anyway. London kicks ass).

Fair point. But I do live in London, so its hard to see the benefits of staying somewhere you've lived at for 18 years.
I'm sort of hoping the universities would make the decision for me haha :daydreaming: (although receiving a rejection would not be pretty)

Original post by Howellsy
Even better if you live in London the cost of living may not be an issue for UCL. :tongue:

My (somewhat biased) opinion is that UCL is better for Law.

However, you need to visit both universities and see which one you like better.
Original post by Howellsy

I like the way you think :colone:

Original post by mc13177
My (somewhat biased) opinion is that UCL is better for Law.

However, you need to visit both universities and see which one you like better.

Yep I will do! :smile: biased? - first choice/ have an offer?
Reply 2123
I like the way you think :colone:

Yep I will do! :smile: biased? - first choice/ have an offer?

Have an offer. :smile:
Original post by mc13177
Have an offer. :smile:

Congratulations! :smile:
Anyone going to Newcaatle open day on the 2nd??
Original post by adam0311
Don't be ridiculous bro.

I don't see how that's ridiculous, sis
Original post by cutegirl15
University of Sussex
conditions: AAB
received: 29th January
sent: 6th December
reaction: yeyyyyyyyyyyy got all my 5 offers nw :smile: n sussex is going to be my firm :smile: wht do u thnk guys ? x

where did you apply?
Original post by brownies:)
Yep! I did just before xmas!

Course: LLB Law
University: Sussex
Offer: AAB or A*BB

What about you?:smile:

yupp ABB or AAC :biggrin:!
so the LNAT scores come out tomorrow, anyone know how and what time this will be done, is it by email at midnight or be letter...
Original post by lfcwatcher
so the LNAT scores come out tomorrow, anyone know how and what time this will be done, is it by email at midnight or be letter...

its done by email, and I don't think it is at midnight, but it may have changed from last year as I got my results a few days before the 31st last time.
Original post by jimmyatemyworld
I don't see how that's ridiculous, sis

You're real cool. I wish I could be more like you. Teach me your ways.
Original post by Bellrosk
I've already taken my A-levels, the offer is unconditional :smile:

oh alright fair enough then. and congratulations. You sure that uh LSE was it? is the uh "one" lol?
Original post by LondonTownGirl
oh alright fair enough then. and congratulations. You sure that uh LSE was it? is the uh "one" lol?

Very sure.
Hey guys anoyone with an offer from Nottingham can you quote me and tell me what gcse and a level grades you got and your offer. my friend has an AAB offer for law but doesn't think it's correct and wanted to compare so she knows whether to email :smile: thanks
Original post by Emilykk1
Offer from Nottingham woop
AAA :smile:

Hey CONGRATS on the Nottingham offer!!
Sorry to be pain but could you let me know what grades you got at GCSE and AS as my friend has an AAB offer for Law but thinks it is a mistake :smile: thanks :biggrin: xx
Reply 2136
Original post by FlobberDobber
Hey CONGRATS on the Nottingham offer!!
Sorry to be pain but could you let me know what grades you got at GCSE and AS as my friend has an AAB offer for Law but thinks it is a mistake :smile: thanks :biggrin: xx

Don't worry about it (Y)
I got 11A*s GCSE and 5As at AS (one in general studies though). Maybe she did really really well in her LNAT or something so they're being nice? I wouldn't even question it!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Emilykk1
Don't worry about it (Y)
I got 11A*s GCSE and 5As at AS (one in general studies though). Maybe she did really really well in her LNAT or something so they're being nice? I wouldn't even question it!!! :biggrin:

Thanks!! And well done again, those results are amazing :smile:
Original post by TimmonaPortella
:five: college?

I'm going to Magdalene.

Queen's :biggrin:
Original post by anoushka1
Thank you and congratulations on your offers!!! Amazing you have a great firm and back up
Unfortunately I cant put LSE as my back up but oh well
Im sure youll get your other offers

I got into Selwyn, its right near the Law Faculty! So hopefully will be seeing you in lectures
What college in Cambridge for you?:smile:

Queens,
whcich is also pretty near the law faculty,
yea deffo :biggrin:
can't wait for october!!! (providing i get the A* obvs)

Latest

Trending

Trending