The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Can somebody give me an honest opinion on london college of communications!

Hi, ive got a conditional for LCC and have not seen any information about it, everyone on this forum are only going on about LCF and its driving me mad. I just want to know what its like as a university? Also what would be the best accommodation for a person who likes a good party? :smile:
Reply 1
Errrr? Where?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
literally not heard of it
Reply 3
seriously? Its part of University of the arts - London but the media part. http://www.lcc.arts.ac.uk/
Reply 4
Yeah I just got an offer too but I wanna know more about it! Like timetables and just the general uni etc..
Hello, its not me that goes to lcc but my boyfriend does. i have been to the building for his final show last year and it is a nice big building. they have alot of space for exhibition shows and the year three exhibition was brilliant. he took me to the library and its got loads of books on all communication courses. but you know that you can go to all other ual colleges to use there facilities. good looking printing rooms and i gathered it was a all around good uni. i would reccomend going there. where else have you applied for? btw, the uni is near ministry of sound so that would garranty a good party!
Reply 6
Cant say Ive heard the best about LCC, its meant to be the worst out of all the UAL unis & its not in the best location (Elephant & Castle can be quite dangerous) All I would say is go for an open day&go with your gut!
Reply 7
I've got a Conditional for LCC too!
For September, Media and Cultural Studies. :cool:
If you really want to check out LCC, theres an Open Day there today at 3:30. I was going to go but I can't afford to miss any History lessons at this point...

Its course-specific however, so your course might not be displayed today...BUT, if it's just a tour you want they do tours of LCC every Friday morning.
http://www.lcc.arts.ac.uk/48661.htm

And if its just the building itself, don't worry, its a cool building.
Any college that has an archive dedicated to just Stanley Kubrick is a groovy place to be. :colone:
hey i also got a conditional for media and cultural studies. i'm going to the open day tour next friday. the building looks a bit rough like the area on google maps and the accomodation is pretty expensive for what it is. i'm undecided between leeds or Lcc
Reply 9
im currently in my first year at LCC, i know that the area around it is quite rough.. but once you get used it it dosent seem as bad, i promise! I know its considered a dodgy area.. theres a lot of places like that these days! the building is nice once inside : ) its probably one of the newest ones out of the UAL's.
With the timetables it depends on your course, im in everyday apart from monday- but im doing a design course so it is a lot of studio time.

if you were staying in halls judging by what i have heard from people on my course Don gratton is good for going out alot, and the one right near LCC (i cant remember its name, literally 10 mins max walk) is good as it is so close to the uni.

Horseferrygirl - it depends what sort of uni experience you are looking for, because the UAL is obviously very seperated with the union being all the way in Holborn & if you want a certain book from a library you have to go across london to get it.. whereas i think leeds is all on one campus?

i hope i have helped a bit : ) like suga_coma said go with your gut instinct!
This is like the ONLY thread on the UAL Forum dedicated to LCC!
I'm an American high school student and I'm really interested in studying Public Relations.
I'm wondering how difficult is it to get in? And how is the international population at UAL?

Shanksss(:
Hey, i am a Brazilian student, and I ve got an offer to the LCC's BA in Film and Television, is anyone attending too? I wanted to know ppl from the uni, u guys know, always good to make some friends...
Reply 12
I've been accepted to the same degree, and i can tell it was quite difficult to get in: step 1: Ucas file/ step 2 : portfolio/ step 3: interview. So i'm probably sure serious selection means good course level...

I'm still struggling about student halls, I think i'll be at Will Wyatt court, is that good??
Reply 13
Also BA Film & TV here (:
I think difficult of getting in varies depending on the course a bit, but I would agree that if nothing else they're pretty thorugh! I get the impression there's a pretty strong international group there from the people I've spoken to (I feel so boring in comparison!)
Reply 14
Original post by glf2110
Errrr? Where?

Thanks for the neg but I seriously haven't heard of it. I'm not saying it's bad. :mad:
Reply 15
Anyone going to LCC for MA Design in Art Direction? Haven't met anyone from that course here.. what is it like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending