The Student Room Group

2011 Graduate Entry Medicine Applicants - Interviews, Offers etc.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Carr-Agger
Anyone applied as a grad to the Kings 5 year course and if so heard anything as of yet??

Only to the 4-year but they consider you for the 5 too. Not heard anything, should be coming in the next 2-3 weeks though...
Reply 241
Original post by jumpinthehurdles
Only to the 4-year but they consider you for the 5 too. Not heard anything, should be coming in the next 2-3 weeks though...

Really? Do you mean if you go for the 4year interview they also consider you for the 5year? Why?
Original post by miklc
Really? Do you mean if you go for the 4year interview they also consider you for the 5year? Why?

GEP applicants will often be very highly qualified for the 5 year course, there are only 28 places on the 4 year course (a couple of which may go in the first place to Kings biomed), throwing away all the GEP applicants who apply to the 4 year means they lose a lot of people who would excel on the 5 year. I imagine that's the thought process.
Got a request for GCSE results from Bham uni which must mean im still in contention :smile:
I swear i saw a post from someone who said they were worried as they had their interview at Birmingham on the 21st and hadnt heard anything. I had my interview on the same day and i still havent heard anything. My interview didnt go too well so it's hard to know what to expect. Time will tell. Hang in there and try not to get too stressed. I'm sure we will find out next week! Good luck to all!
Reply 245
Original post by GradMed201
I swear i saw a post from someone who said they were worried as they had their interview at Birmingham on the 21st and hadnt heard anything. I had my interview on the same day and i still havent heard anything. My interview didnt go too well so it's hard to know what to expect. Time will tell. Hang in there and try not to get too stressed. I'm sure we will find out next week! Good luck to all!

You aren't going mental, I saw it too :smile:
Thats good then! I was wondering if i made it up. At least there are others in the same predicament! :confused:
Reply 247
Sorry the missing post was from me, I re-posted it on the more active thread :smile:. Glad im not the only one waiting! Do you know if they send rejections out at the same time?
Where is the more active thread? I havent got a clue if they send the rejections out at the same time or not. I'm still keeping my fingerscrossed as i heard it could take up to 2 weeks. We should def know by next week. Do you know if anyone who interviewed on the same day has been offered a place? :confused::confused:
Original post by red_bull

not heard from southampton yet (except an acknowledgement)
just found out i have an interview at liverpool in the 14th feb but won't hear the result until the end of march
both are for GEM courses

Congrats, for your interview with Liverpool,
If I may ask, assume you have 1st class Hons Degree in Science?
Reply 250
Original post by GradMed201
Where is the more active thread? I havent got a clue if they send the rejections out at the same time or not. I'm still keeping my fingerscrossed as i heard it could take up to 2 weeks. We should def know by next week. Do you know if anyone who interviewed on the same day has been offered a place? :confused::confused:

Theres a thread called, 'TSR Graduate entry medics and applicants society!'. Which i re-posted it on. Thanks for replying though :smile:. My friend had her interview on the 19th and her offer came on tuesday, but i dont know if anyone from the 21st has an offer yet :s-smilie:. Fingers crossed! xxx
Reply 251
Anyone heard from Cardiff, Liverpool and Keele all 5 year courses? Asking on behalf of my sister. Do grads get interviewed later for the 5 year courses?

I had my interviews by now and in fact offers so I'm hoping she just has to wait a bit longer.
Has anyone heard from Bristol GEM? I'm gettin zilch!!
Reply 253
Original post by Tsunami_149)
Congrats, for your interview with Liverpool,
If I may ask, assume you have 1st class Hons Degree in Science?

1st in physio..got an offer from bham,so happy..still no news
From Southampton
Reply 254
1st in physio..got an offer from bham,so happy..still no news
From Southampton

Congratulations :smile:, Did you get that offer today? Is that for Graduate entry?
Reply 255
Original post by lierture
Congratulations :smile:, Did you get that offer today? Is that for Graduate entry?

thank you! yes it';s for graduate entry - i had my interview on the 17th and got my offer last Tuesday - big relief!
Reply 256
Anyone heard from Southampton or Nottingham yet (both graduate) . Sent off the questionaire to Nottingham but no reply yet.
Interview- BSMS
Reply 258
Time to come out of the woodwork.

Barts 4yr - acknowledged
Barts 5yr - interview 03/01/11
Warwick 4yr - interview 23/02/11
King's - acknowledged
UKCAT 725ish

So I let Warwick share information with Barts does that mean that will automatically share information with Barts or do I have to wait for Barts to say that they will use Warwick informaiton. As in I have heard nothing from Barts 4yr but have an interview at Warwcik, does this mean that the interview at Warwick is for both?
Reply 259
Original post by lexie_89
Anyone heard from Southampton or Nottingham yet (both graduate) . Sent off the questionaire to Nottingham but no reply yet.

Not heard anything from southampton
This is getting frustrating now :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest