The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys,

I'm currently a student at Leeds- and apart from having great uni's the night life is absolutely AMAZING!

If you get an offer from Leeds/Leeds Met or are one of the lucky freshers in September add me on facebook: Natalie Franklyn 'Freshers' Voodoo and I will make sure you have the best Freshers week you can imagine!

p.s. the party doesn't stop there - if you're interested in cheap nights out, 241 entry's and guaranteed tickets just add me on facebook and you'll be looked after!

-- i'm not just a standard promoter for clubs & the best nights out in Leeds, if you want help with anything else like accommodation or shopping in Leeds just ask!

Natalie Franklyn x
(edited 13 years ago)
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 541
Original post by lechaton-x
Leeds are counting a BTEC in my offer so if I get BB, I have a place for Arabic + Middle Eastern Studies :smile: nice to meet a fellow Arabic student!

Definitely! Where else have you applied/ heard from? xx
Reply 542
Original post by Alexandra289
Got my offer for Cultural Studies today (got rejected from English Q300)

hey exactly the same as me, are you thinking about accepting it?
Original post by YaziB
Definitely! Where else have you applied/ heard from? xx

Offers all in my sig. Not planning on going to Leeds now- I think I'm firming Exeter and insuring Manchester :smile: yourself?
Original post by RJW193
hey exactly the same as me, are you thinking about accepting it?

I don't think so - I only would if I knew there was a good chance I could swap courses haha! And considering English is so popular I don't think there's a high chance. Are you?
just a rejection from leeds (politics and geography) as due to demand they have increased there offers which my predictions did not meet ( but did before) but got an offer from environmental management
Just been offered two courses by Leeds:

Maths and Economics vs. Philosophy and Economics

Not sure which one to pick...
Reply 547
Original post by mastermind360

I think that M&E would be far more practical, but P&E would be far mroe enlightening. Better go on the course website and find out which you prefer!
Reply 548

I would say that Maths and Economics would be more respected, though it depends on your career choice.
My thoughts were that I would carry on reading Philosophy in my free time so M&E would be the better way to go...
Reply 550
Original post by Muffinz
x

how'd the open day go? did you learn anything you didn't know already?

What did you have in mind when you applied? :tongue:
Original post by 99 Red Balloons
What did you have in mind when you applied? :tongue:

Well I rushed my application to get the Oxbridge deadline (which wasn't worth it!) and so I never even realised that Leeds did Maths & economics. Upon thinking about it, my gut instinct is telling me to do Maths.
Reply 553
Got an interview at Leeds in March for civil engineering :smile:

Anyone else had an interview there (not necessarily for engineering)? What was it like?
Reply 554
Original post by roverston
how'd the open day go? did you learn anything you didn't know already?

I learnt that the library is beautiful and that I'd be very happy living there. It's important that you get that feeling about a place.
Original post by Muffinz
I learnt that the library is beautiful and that I'd be very happy living there. It's important that you get that feeling about a place.

Aha! I also leant that the library (Brotherton?) is beautiful :smile: I can't wait to go in there and have a proper look around!

I thought the talks were pretty standard, and just repeated things I had found out for myself on the website anyway.

But the uni is lovely, the tuors were so friendly and the student reps were so helpful.

Woo, Leeds! x
Reply 556
Original post by jeffercake
Aha! I also leant that the library (Brotherton?) is beautiful :smile: I can't wait to go in there and have a proper look around!

I thought the talks were pretty standard, and just repeated things I had found out for myself on the website anyway.

But the uni is lovely, the tuors were so friendly and the student reps were so helpful.

Woo, Leeds! x

It is pretty impressive.
Is this the library round the corner from the big white building? If so it does look gorgeous!
Original post by 99 Red Balloons
Is this the library round the corner from the big white building? If so it does look gorgeous!

From the outside it is behind the 'big white building' (The Parkinson Building), but if you see it inside :coma: it's huge, i think it spans about 4 or 5 floors, and it's completely round, with little rooms behind the walls every now and then. The ceilings are so high, and it looks like an amazing place to study. It houses 3 million books! Awesome!

http://www.lightnightleeds.co.uk/images/event/85.jpg
Original post by jeffercake
From the outside it is behind the 'big white building' (The Parkinson Building), but if you see it inside :coma: it's huge, i think it spans about 4 or 5 floors, and it's completely round, with little rooms behind the walls every now and then. The ceilings are so high, and it looks like an amazing place to study. It houses 3 million books! Awesome!

http://www.lightnightleeds.co.uk/images/event/85.jpg

Ooh that is nice! It would at least encourage you to get on with some work I suppose :tongue:

Latest