The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

this is drving me mad! why are my university choices taking so long, I have got two offers so far and that was in november. Since then I am checking on ucas every day and nothing as changed, that's just horrible. Someone need to tell the admission tutor to become more garcious!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1521
Original post by Monicaca
I've got a conditional from Southampton too! :biggrin:

Also applied to Leicester (offer), Liverpool and Newcastle.
Getting obsessed with checking UCAS now!

Got an interview!! yay ! :biggrin: haha probably wont be able to go because ive got to fly from India in the middle of my exams, but still. YAY! Hopefully the essay that i have to write is good enough :smile:
I got an interview! God knows how... I'm just really stunned to be honest, I don't know what to think! I've heard that this course (English with Creative Writing) is one of the most competitive out there, so I'm a bit shocked!
Reply 1523
Original post by eshika
Got an interview!! yay ! :biggrin: haha probably wont be able to go because ive got to fly from India in the middle of my exams, but still. YAY! Hopefully the essay that i have to write is good enough :smile:

Yay well done! :smile:

Silly Warwick is still holding out on me though! *checks emails for 100th time*
Original post by Mouse Potato
I got an interview! God knows how... I'm just really stunned to be honest, I don't know what to think! I've heard that this course (English with Creative Writing) is one of the most competitive out there, so I'm a bit shocked!

Congratulations! And ditto, I'm genuinely terrified. :| And the 10-16 page portfolio request is a bit beasty!

Original post by RatherSpiffing
Congratulations! And ditto, I'm genuinely terrified. :| And the 10-16 page portfolio request is a bit beasty!

Wow congratulations! :biggrin: You two are so lucky, I'm dying to hear back about this course! Did you just hear back today?
Original post by bubble11
Wow congratulations! :biggrin: You two are so lucky, I'm dying to hear back about this course! Did you just hear back today?

Haha cheers and yarsh, around fourish. I hope you get an interview too. :biggrin:

Yes, just today. Same to you for UEA, they've had my portfolio about 2 weeks and the wait is driving me nuts!! D:

Good luck bubbles! If you get and offer from Warwick, what are you likely to firm, just out of interest? (I have no clue what I'm going to do if I do. D: )

Original post by RatherSpiffing

Same to you! I'm not feeling too bad about the portfolio, as I usually write novels. (i.e. I have more than pages available to take from, it's just finding the right ones to send.)
Original post by trude.kiho
Anyone heard anything for Law?

Nope.... it's driving me mad, I also no longer think I'm a good enough applicant for warwick due to my gcses, and my alevels are only A*AA predictions :frown:
Reply 1529

:five:

Well done love.

I have an interview as well!!!:woo:

Now the nerves begin :p:
i have an interview but cant make the date... what happens now?
Original post by tablelamp
i have an interview but cant make the date... what happens now?

Ask for an online interview maybe? My email about it said something about online interviews, so I think you just select that option when you confirm your interview via the link that they gave you.
Yes, just today. Same to you for UEA, they've had my portfolio about 2 weeks and the wait is driving me nuts!! D:

Good luck bubbles! If you get and offer from Warwick, what are you likely to firm, just out of interest? (I have no clue what I'm going to do if I do. D: )

I'm the same as you, don't have a clue what my first choice would be if I got all my offers! Don't really think I stand the slightest chance with Warwick though, even of getting an interview :redface: I just sent off my application thinking I'd be lucky to get any offers and I'd be happy to go to any of my 5 choices. So I'm putting off all the big decision making 'til I know what all my replies are :smile:
Original post by saintjimmyz
Username/name: Saintjimmyz
Subject applied for: Chemistry (MChem)
Offer: AAB incl maths and chemistry and one from class civ or biology
Date UCAS submitted: 07/01/2011
Firm/Insurance/declined: Either firm or decline, depending on my other offers... I suppose Sheffield is my only reserve there... stupid me.

I was in a similar situation so firmed Warwick and insured Bath
I'm the same as you, don't have a clue what my first choice would be if I got all my offers! Don't really think I stand the slightest chance with Warwick though, even of getting an interview :redface: I just sent off my application thinking I'd be lucky to get any offers and I'd be happy to go to any of my 5 choices. So I'm putting off all the big decision making 'til I know what all my replies are :smile:

Same in terms of waiting until I know where I stand. I just ask because odd as it might sound, I'm not sure whether to accept the Warwick interview or decline it. Part of me really wants to go, the other part of me prefers my other choices. I know it's the most prestigious one I've put down, but I'm not sure if it's... me. :s-smilie:

Guess I may as well give it a shot though, just in case I change my mind.
anyone heard anything for philosophy from warwick?
Reply 1536
Original post by mastermind360
This is a general question but does anyone know if it's generally harder to get into Bristol than Warwick? Or vice versa?

I thought I had a good chance at Bristol but I've been rejected so I just wanted to know if I should expect the same from Warwick

I want to do PPE btw

First of all, does Bristol even offer PPE I didn’t know?

I do not think is matters, I know people who have been rejected from lower universities and have got into higher ranked ones. Good luck mate.
Same in terms of waiting until I know where I stand. I just ask because odd as it might sound, I'm not sure whether to accept the Warwick interview or decline it. Part of me really wants to go, the other part of me prefers my other choices. I know it's the most prestigious one I've put down, but I'm not sure if it's... me. :s-smilie:

Guess I may as well give it a shot though, just in case I change my mind.

Ah come on Mouse, you have to at least have a go! You'll get a better idea on the day if it's 'you' or not, and at the worst you'll get to speak to some interesting people and try out your interview skillz. Plus if you don't you'll always wonder whether you'd have got in. Your other offers aren't going anywhere.

You might get there and love it.
Does anyone know how many places Warwick give out for English Literature each year?
Reply 1539
Original post by chris:)
Username/name: Chris:smile:
Subject applied for: PPE
Offer: Abitur 1,4 including 12 Maths and 11 English
Date UCAS submitted: early-October
Firm/Insurance/declined: Either firm or insurance (not sure about york)

Oh, another German. Have you been here before? I only remember talking to you (or at least reading your posts:tongue:) over in the Germans' post. Congrats on your offer.:smile:
Wait, wasn't it you who asked whether we'd recommend going to York? Now's Warwick your first choice?
Again, well done:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending