The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stonewars
I received an email from Bristol last night, not like a welcome email but just an email from my faculty that mentioned that they begin making most decisions in January(with a few exceptions). I guess it means it doesn't matter that much if you applied early, so everyone has somewhat of an equal chance

Yes. It's very fair but very frustrating to those of us who are impatient! :rant:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
Unsuccessful for Bristol :frown:.

Aww, I'm sorry! What subject? I'm sure no matter what that you have awesome offers, you'll be happy wherever you go, and when you get the nobel prize Bristol will slap themselves for not taking you.
Original post by Pheebs1201
Haha sadly not :tongue: whats your top choice? :smile:

I'm thinking Bristol at the moment, I visited on Wednesday and the department was brilliant and I'm sure I'll get used to the whole living in a city thing.
Original post by Muffinz
Aww, I'm sorry! What subject? I'm sure no matter what that you have awesome offers, you'll be happy wherever you go, and when you get the nobel prize Bristol will slap themselves for not taking you.

Neuroscience.

Haha, I hope so!
Original post by Potiron
I'm thinking Bristol at the moment, I visited on Wednesday and the department was brilliant and I'm sure I'll get used to the whole living in a city thing.

Ooh what subject have you applied for? We could well be fellow freshers come september :biggrin:
Ooh what subject have you applied for? We could well be fellow freshers come september :biggrin:

Law, it should be in my sig really. We could well be, are you excited? I have to do some work if I want to go to Bristol, sadly. But their law department was immense. In every sense of the word.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Potiron
Law, it should be in my sig really. We could well be, are you excited? I have to do some work if I want to go to Bristol, sadly. But their law department was immense. In every sense of the word.

So excited! I never ever thought Id get an offer from Bristol so Im a bit beside myself haha :tongue: Hopefully see ya there then! :smile:
So excited! I never ever thought Id get an offer from Bristol so Im a bit beside myself haha :tongue: Hopefully see ya there then! :smile:

Me neither, I thought I was a pretty crap candidate, I got my offer three days before Christmas and I was just stunned. And incredibly grateful. I might write a thank you later to the admissions tutors and cry all over it.
Original post by Potiron
Me neither, I thought I was a pretty crap candidate, I got my offer three days before Christmas and I was just stunned. And incredibly grateful. I might write a thank you later to the admissions tutors and cry all over it.

Haha be careful they dont think youre crazy and take your offer away :tongue:
Reply 1010
Right so I'm going to put this out there.... Bristol for maths. Anyone heard anything????????
Reply 1011
Original post by nomnomer
Woot woot!! Bristol offer for pharmacology!! Anyone here might be my fellow classmate??

Well done!
Did you attend an open day? whats your offer?
I got invited to an open day on 16/02! I hope it'll be an offer!
Reply 1012
Bristol offer for History of Art!! exciteeeeeeed!
Haha be careful they dont think youre crazy and take your offer away :tongue:

I don't think they're allowed to do that, and they have to find out sooner or later.
Original post by Potiron
I don't think they're allowed to do that, and they have to find out sooner or later.

Better sooner rather than later I suppose! Good luck with getting the grades, hopefully see you in September :smile:
Reply 1015
anyone going to the faculty of art open day on 16thhhh? I am for history :biggrin: already firmed as first choice :smile:
Hey

I have an offer for History at Bristol, :smile: But i haven't heard anything about a faculty day :s How did you find out and whats it all about?

Thanks! xx
Reply 1017
Original post by Saskya
Well done!
Did you attend an open day? whats your offer?
I got invited to an open day on 16/02! I hope it'll be an offer!

Thanks! I'm considered an international student so they just gave me the offer without inviting me to an open day. I do the IB they asked for 33 points, which I think is about the same as AAB? Which is a pretty good offer, and I'm pretty sure I'll make it my insurance! Just slightly torn between Edinburgh and Bristol at the mo.

Best of luck to you! It's just an open day though, not an interview, yeah? I think that's a good sign. Let me know how it goes and tell me your offer!
Better sooner rather than later I suppose! Good luck with getting the grades, hopefully see you in September :smile:

And you. I hope you achieve everything you could possibly want to.
Original post by sebsy
Right so I'm going to put this out there.... Bristol for maths. Anyone heard anything????????

Still waiting for a reply :frown: they said they would let people know by early Feb.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending