The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Gah need to write about bone formation for PBL - the lecturer didn't turn up to the lecture today, and the powerpoint on blackboard makes no sense. Anyone know where I can find an easy to understand, step by step process of the two different types of formation? Bearing in mind this is due tomorrow :puppyeyes:

Tortora is god.
I thought I was subbed to this thread, what happened? :holmes:
2nd shift with the FRU Crew today! Totally knackered but yesterday's adrenaline rush was too awesome! Driving in their cars feels like a computer game. They fit through the tiniest of gaps with an insane speed. Unreal. I just want to scream in exitement every time we do a bend or turn insanely fast - it's like legal joyriding! :p: Ahhh, I feel like such a kid!

The guy I'm with is a legend and asked if I wanted to do more shifts than is required for this SSC. Me being the total keeno I am totally agreed! :teeth:
Reply 683
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Oh. I tend to forget about that :colondollar: I pay pretty much the same here as I would in any other part of the UK.

Yes, but Scottish people don't have to pay any tuition fees, as I recall? So the government must be entirely funding them through the whole five/six years, which is not a small investment, as I see it! And if they are unable to get a job at the end of it, it just seems a bit counter-productive.
Original post by Woody.
Yes, but Scottish people don't have to pay any tuition fees, as I recall? So the government must be entirely funding them through the whole five/six years, which is not a small investment, as I see it! And if they are unable to get a job at the end of it, it just seems a bit counter-productive.

By that argument, the government should stop funding all these fashion management and media studies students... They all do 4 years at uni for nothing.
Original post by lekky
Tortora is god.

But Tortora LIES! :cry2:
Reply 686
Original post by Woody.
In a sense, £12k of fees is pissing in the wind when it comes to the cost of the degree.
Totally can't be arsed with SSC today, just want to watch Episodes and play some Xbox.
FML. Have to transcribe a 5 minute patient interview to analyse for comm skills coursework. 45 minutes in, and I'm up to 3 minutes 30. :facepalm2:
Original post by lekky
Tortora is god.

Thank you!!

Original post by dances_with_lamposts

What? :zomg:

Original post by Mushi_master
Totally can't be arsed with SSC today, just want to watch Episodes and play some Xbox.

I did that this morning whilst I was getting ready :yep:

Original post by Fission_Mailed
FML. Have to transcribe a 5 minute patient interview to analyse for comm skills coursework. 45 minutes in, and I'm up to 3 minutes 30. :facepalm2:

:console: Still, you only have a minute and a half left!

So glad I don't have comm skills coursework :ninja:
Is iBSc supposed to be harder than clinical medicine?

Clinics was a doss in comparison :/
On the plus side I did practice end-to-end, end-to-side and patch anastomosis. At first I was a butcher but then got a lot better.
Prolene sutures are a frigging nightmare if you guys have used them before. blehhhh
I've got used to not doing PBL, and now I cba :sigh:

It's actually an interesting topic (and we're finally learning clinical stuff!!) but I just cannot motivate myself to do any work.

Help? :puppyeyes:

EDIT: Although I have to share a joke that one of my lecturers today told us all. What's a Norfolk virgin?

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 693
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

Help? :puppyeyes:

:poke:
Original post by Lantana

Original post by Lantana
:poke:

I think I've done it now. Very poorly, but thanks :smile:

It makes sense to me, but not sure if anyone reading it will understand :p:
Reply 695
Original post by dances_with_lamposts

Not all of it, and it's a good starting point before going on to other things (then you find out if things aren't right) :yep:
I wish it was the summer holidays again :ninja:
Reply 697
Original post by Becca-Sarah
By that argument, the government should stop funding all these fashion management and media studies students... They all do 4 years at uni for nothing.

Best idea I've heard in a while.
Reply 698
Really silly question, but I've seen different cannulae used, and all seem to attach to triple ports (the bits hanging off for you to put lines in) are they all individually capped - as in capped from the outside world? If not, why dosn't blood come out? - and don't say venous pressure, because when you insert the cannula the flashback pressure is enough. Really silly question I know.
Original post by Wangers
Really silly question, but I've seen different cannulae used, and all seem to attach to triple ports (the bits hanging off for you to put lines in) are they all individually capped - as in capped from the outside world? If not, why dosn't blood come out? - and don't say venous pressure, because when you insert the cannula the flashback pressure is enough. Really silly question I know.

One way valves?

Latest

Trending

Trending