The Student Room Group

The *waiting for news is driving me crazy* Uberthread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingMessi
You did amazingly well to get on UEA's Creative Writing Course. I also applied for Creative Writing. I was told that my sample of written work wasn't up to their standard, which I suppose is perfectly fair.

Thank you for saying that; me and you both. Best of luck in the coming months; I hope that you meet your offer, which I have no doubt that you will. :five:

You're so kind, thank you! Chuck me a message on my page when you get an offer! You will! :biggrin:

Original post by BradP
I feel the same.

But I've heard instances where the guys got an offer letter from the university days before thier UCAS track was updated, so you never know.

I got letters from Hull and Lancaster before they were updated on track, if that helps. :smile:
Reply 1921
Original post by student_dhan
Hello,

I am going to freak out. I applied for computer science and I haven't received any offers yet from the unversities..

Only thing I got was application confirmation from 2 uni's and visit invitation. Thats all.

All my friends have recieved unconditional offers/ interview from some universities and I have NONE...NOTHING at ALL.. All day I check email, and no... there is nothing there! NONE...

I am going to freak out.. Or do I need to wait still??

What uni's are you applying for? :smile:
Waiting on UEA. They've had my portfolio for about 2 weeks now, and I'm feeling so jumpy every time I go to my email inbox!! Hopefully they'll let me know soon.
Yea you guys freak out? I send my application 20 minutes after that was possible (6th september) and I still w8 my firm choice to answer me ;( I have 1 unconditional and 2 rejections till now q.q
Reply 1924
Right, ive applied to Coventry, Nottingham, Oxford Brookes and both B'ham Unis to do Adult Nursing course. I submitted my application at around 16th of December and ive had no feedback what so ever from these unis yet. and its been 6 weeks now :s-smilie: some of my friends who sent their application some days later than mine already had replies and interviews sorted soon.

My predicted grades are a grade higher than the grade requirement for the course i wanna do, and my personal statement is really good according to the teachers and other people that read it. soo yeah, was just wondering how long does it normally take to get an offer or an interview? does it differ in the unis? or the course your taking?
I've got three offers so far, but all I want to hear from is Leeds! :frown: UEA are a bit strange, I applied for Lit and i've definetly had the least correspondance with them. Hull have been great, really quick to reply and amazingly helpful - wish I could say the same of Manchester and Sheffield though. Guess i'm just going to have to keep my fingers crossed and wait for Leeds and UEA to get back to me though :frown:
Just recieved a package from Hull, blood starting flowing faster...

Turned out to be a folder >.< Sigh.
Ah well, my boyfriend is coming to visit in two days, he better do a good job of getting me to not stare at track 24/7 :tongue:
Original post by Kiwiiiii
Yea you guys freak out? I send my application 20 minutes after that was possible (6th september) and I still w8 my firm choice to answer me ;( I have 1 unconditional and 2 rejections till now q.q

mine was sent on sept 10th, so, not too long after yours :wink: still waiting for my top choice to get back to me too. :redface:
i have a friend who applied in early dec and she's already heard back from all of her unis. not fair. :tongue:

i feel bad for the med applicants though, cos it seems as if they have the longest wait.
Reply 1928
They don't have to reply til May, so try not to die before then.
as said above unis dont have to make a descion until may, but if it's any consollation I'm pretty much in te same boat, applied 02/12 and nothing really has happened
Reply 1930
Original post by kimmeeeh
Right, ive applied to Coventry, Nottingham, Oxford Brookes and both B'ham Unis to do Adult Nursing course. I submitted my application at around 16th of December and ive had no feedback what so ever from these unis yet. and its been 6 weeks now :s-smilie: some of my friends who sent their application some days later than mine already had replies and interviews sorted soon.

My predicted grades are a grade higher than the grade requirement for the course i wanna do, and my personal statement is really good according to the teachers and other people that read it. soo yeah, was just wondering how long does it normally take to get an offer or an interview? does it differ in the unis? or the course your taking?

I just received one so far, which was a rejection and I received it today. Just don't worry too much. Try to enjoy life until your first reply. That's what I did and I actually managed to enjoy life very well, just that it got me sad today with me first rejection. But think of it: No reply yet is still better than a rejection.
Reply 1931
Argh almost every one of my friends got an offer today - now I really feel impatient!:colondollar:
Oooh should hear back from my first choice this month... it's going to be a long month :erm:
Reply 1933
yeah i suppose you all are right, but yeah. Im just kinda jealous seeing everyone around me getting replies and interviews and that so yeah.
but to be honest, im only looking forward to one uni to get back to me, as thats like my one and only choice that i really want so yeah (brookes). once i get a reply from that im guessing it be pretty contented with whatever i get for the rest :smile:
Reply 1934
awwwww..... i sent my UCAS off on 13th December and ive had no replies....
I know its still early but im still worried.... :frown:
Reply 1935
Warwick is killing me..:confused:
Original post by Danzii
you rejected their interview offer and gave u an offer instead? How on earth did you manage that? :eek:

Original post by Kenny_uk
I was just wondering the same thing.:confused::eek:...

They must love me xD .
Reply 1937
Original post by ViralRiver
They must love me xD .

Heh They must :P
Reply 1938
Is there anyone here, who is waiting on Sheffield Hallam to study Psychology? :frown:

xx
Ok, I've officially gone insane - last night I actually dreamt my first choice gave me an offer. Think the only cure is to avoid checking ucas rather than the obsessive checking I've been doing currently

Quick Reply

Latest