The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

anyone else going to a psychology departmental open day? (16th feb)
no one i know is going... was wondering if it was normal to stroll up with my dad or something :/ !?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1541
as I'm not from UK, Warwick asked for my predicted grades only a few days back. I hope it's a good sign because it's my first choice so far.. I wish to get a response from them soon.

btw, I'm applying for Politics&Int.Studies
(edited 13 years ago)
has anybody got an offer for economics, politics and international studies at warwick? or heard back for this course at all?
Original post by megaduck
Ah come on Mouse, you have to at least have a go! You'll get a better idea on the day if it's 'you' or not, and at the worst you'll get to speak to some interesting people and try out your interview skillz. Plus if you don't you'll always wonder whether you'd have got in. Your other offers aren't going anywhere.

You might get there and love it.

That was my thinking, I'm going to go anyway. If nothing else, I will have had the experience of doing it.

MY main reason for possibly declining was that I felt it was only fair to free up my interview space if I was certain to decline Warwick, but now I'm not sure so I'm going to go for it! :biggrin:
Offer for Law :biggrin:
Original post by Mouse Potato
Same in terms of waiting until I know where I stand. I just ask because odd as it might sound, I'm not sure whether to accept the Warwick interview or decline it. Part of me really wants to go, the other part of me prefers my other choices. I know it's the most prestigious one I've put down, but I'm not sure if it's... me. :s-smilie:

Guess I may as well give it a shot though, just in case I change my mind.

You might as well - best to keep your options open if you're unsure :smile: But I get why you might prefer some of your other choices because English courses vary so much between unis and the one at Warwick seems to have a bit more of a rigid structure than a lot of others. And people really shouldn't choose where to go based on prestige alone! But you never know, you might love Warwick when you visit :smile:
Reply 1546
Original post by Sappho

Wait, wasn't it you who asked whether we'd recommend going to York? Now's Warwick your first choice?
Again, well done:biggrin:

Thanks and congrats to you, too. Yes I did ask about that recommendation, but I´m still not sure what to do. Both universitys seem pretty strong. Anyway, I´m going to visit York at 2nd March maybe I`ll know more afterwards.
Reply 1547
Original post by chris:)
Thanks and congrats to you, too. Yes I did ask about that recommendation, but I´m still not sure what to do. Both universitys seem pretty strong. Anyway, I´m going to visit York at 2nd March maybe I`ll know more afterwards.

Wow that's cool, I wish I could visit the unis. I hope I'll be able to visit at least my first choice if I get any other offers. Are you also thinking of German unis?
Original post by Mouse Potato
That was my thinking, I'm going to go anyway. If nothing else, I will have had the experience of doing it.

MY main reason for possibly declining was that I felt it was only fair to free up my interview space if I was certain to decline Warwick, but now I'm not sure so I'm going to go for it! :biggrin:

Good for you! I don't think it would free up a space if you cancelled anyway - they invite more people than they need and they probably have a bit of an attrition rate already built in. So you can go with a clear conscience!
Reply 1549
Original post by Sappho
Are you also thinking of German unis?

I´d like to but the possibilities are limited. I couldn´t find a uni, which offers PPE exept witten/herdecke but they have unrealistic tuition fees and additional is their course not established whatsoever. A good alternative would be Bayreuth but they offer just Phliosophy and Economics. However I´m not sure if I´m going to study in England maybe I´ll go for Bayreuth at the end.
What about you? Why do you want to study in England anyway?
Reply 1550
Original post by Becca :)
Offer for Law :biggrin:

Well done!! Though I'm now getting very unsure. :tongue:
Reply 1551
I´d like to but the possibilities are limited. I couldn´t find a uni, which offers PPE exept witten/herdecke but they have unrealistic tuition fees and additional is their course not established whatsoever. A good alternative would be Bayreuth but they offer just Phliosophy and Economics. However I´m not sure if I´m going to study in England maybe I´ll go for Bayreuth at the end.
What about you? Why do you want to study in England anyway?

I see. That's actually the very same thing that annoys me about German unis. I was applying in the first place because the Classics courses in Britain are quite varied. That's to say you do they languages but you're by far not limited to them, but you have often a whole bunch of choices for other modules, like Archaeology, History, Philosophy and stuff.
I'm also looking at German unis, atm I'm quite interested in Heidelberg. I'll go there to talk to the tutors in March, I'm quite excited, I really hope it's going to be wonderful:smile:
My favourites in Britain are Durham and Edinburgh atm. Warwick's course seems really nice too, but I'm not sure about the city. So far, Warwick's my only offer though, still waitting for these two and St Andrews (rejected from Oxford after my interview). Where else have you applied?
Original post by Howellsy
Well done!! Though I'm now getting very unsure. :tongue:

Thank you :smile: still not heard?
did i talk to you about notts before?
Reply 1553
Original post by Becca :)
Thank you :smile: still not heard?
did i talk to you about notts before?

Sounds about right. Still not heard from anybody, even started planning my year of being forced to stay at home. :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Howellsy
Sounds about right. Still not heard from anybody. Started planning my year of being forced to stay at home. :tongue:

Thought so :smile: Don't be silly! There's still plenty of time to get offers! No news is good news!!
Reply 1555
Original post by Sappho
I see. That's actually the very same thing that annoys me about German unis. I was applying in the first place because the Classics courses in Britain are quite varied. That's to say you do they languages but you're by far not limited to them, but you have often a whole bunch of choices for other modules, like Archaeology, History, Philosophy and stuff.
I'm also looking at German unis, atm I'm quite interested in Heidelberg. I'll go there to talk to the tutors in March, I'm quite excited, I really hope it's going to be wonderful:smile:
My favourites in Britain are Durham and Edinburgh atm. Warwick's course seems really nice too, but I'm not sure about the city. So far, Warwick's my only offer though, still waitting for these two and St Andrews (rejected from Oxford after my interview). Where else have you applied?

I hope for you that´s going to be nice in Heidelberg. After all I would be prefer studyig in Germany, if it is the right course. Anyhow... I applied to Oxford(rejected pre Interview, my TSA was not the best), Durham, LSE (both rejected, god knows why rejected from durham) and York and Warwick (conditional).
Did you spend one year in an English speaking country or are you just very good in English?
Reply 1556
Original post by EierVonSatan

Please note this is not the place to chat about offers! Use the PM function or another thread if you want to ask someone a question or to chat...posts that are not in the above format will be removed.

Reply 1557
I hope for you that´s going to be nice in Heidelberg. After all I would be prefer studyig in Germany, if it is the right course. Anyhow... I applied to Oxford(rejected pre Interview, my TSA was not the best), Durham, LSE (both rejected, god knows why rejected from durham) and York and Warwick (conditional).
Did you spend one year in an English speaking country or are you just very good in English?

I moved our conversation to the Applicants' thread, I quoted you there :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1558
Original post by manz!

Sorry, I forgot...
Reply 1559

Haha, I take that as a compliment, thanks:tongue: No, I just spent a year on TSR tbh:redface: I've been to England for about six weeks in my life (I spoke to a friend about this a couple of days ago, that's why I know so well:biggrin:), I went on an exchange twice (one week each), spent three months travelling around Britain in the summer and then I went for that week in Oxford in December. I just really enjoy the language, as I enjoy most of them:wink:
I'm really not sure whether going to Briatin or staying in Germany would be the right thing to do. I guess they do teach you the classical languages really well here, and I suppose (and people tell me) that that is the most important factor about an undergradute course. On the other hand, I've just fallen in love with Britain and the idea of living there, and I love the possibility of doing some extra classical topics too.
It's just all too hard to decide.:rolleyes:
The money is another aspect. It's a relief that you don't pay tuition fees in Scotland, at least I think so, but English student fees are really "not bad":s-smilie:
Btw, are you sure to meet the conditions of your offer? I'm quite scared my remaining unis might give me conditions I can't fulfil...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending