The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mlsdbk
Anyone who has an offer from Hatfield college but will NOT firm or insurance durham? Thanks :smile:

If you insure I don't think you keep your college anyway, so I've been told?!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 3521
Original post by mlsdbk
umm I think you only get a college under usefull links once you get an offer but i may be wrong :smile: Basically on AES under the 'useful links' option there is a link to 'colleges'. But when you have an offer and allocated to a college your college name will appear also. So there will still be a link to colleges... but above that link a direct link to your own college.. :smile: hope that helps

So your saying that if it changes to the below they've accepted you? If so I officially love you.

"Useful Links

Colleges
Successful applicants will receive confirmation of their college via UCAS track
Colleges"
Original post by mlsdbk
heya.. depends on what you want really.. durham is a small town and while beautiful can bore some people after a while apparently.. UCl has an amazing reputation too... and is in a cosmopolitan city so i guess it depends on what you would prefer :smile: not sure which one is better at sciences probs UCL as durham is more artsy but don't know :smile: also.. what are your offers from both? Well done!

Mmm, the main issue i'm having is choosing between a small town and the capital city! I think I'd be really happy in either, so that's why it's hard to choose! I'm probably going to make a massive pros and cons list...or maybe just toss a coin :tongue:
Yeh I always got the impression UCL was a lot better for sciences-there's another pro to add to the list!
For Durham my offer is AAA in bio, chem, maths
For UCL it's a bit weird. AAA in any three from bio, chem, maths, further maths. Plus a pass in General Studies or a pass at AS level for the fourth subject.
Reply 3523
Original post by ben788
So your saying that if it changes to the below they've accepted you? If so I officially love you.

"Useful Links

Colleges
Successful applicants will receive confirmation of their college via UCAS track
Colleges"

no sorry :frown: if a name of a college appears in a link above the word 'colleges' then they have accepted you 99%.. best to wait to see if your application is sent to a college on AES or even better to wait for an offer on ucas.. good luck i hope you get ot
Reply 3524
Original post by Freerider101
If you insure I don't think you keep your college anyway, so I've been told?!

hmm i think you may but its just not guaranteed.. but if its oversubscribed then yes you probably won't :smile:
Reply 3525
Original post by mlsdbk
no sorry :frown: if a name of a college appears in a link above the word 'colleges' then they have accepted you 99%.. best to wait to see if your application is sent to a college on AES or even better to wait for an offer on ucas.. good luck i hope you get ot

It's been at your application has been received by a College for over 3 weeks now, but only now noticed it in useful links. Oh. and thank you! All the best too :smile:
Reply 3526
Original post by ben788
It's been at your application has been received by a College for over 3 weeks now, but only now noticed it in useful links. Oh. and thank you! All the best too :smile:

oh good luck sounds hopeful :smile:
Reply 3527
Still no news about mine- not gone to a college, getting frustrating now!
Reply 3528
how long will it take to find out if a college has accepted you? my AES is now saying that the application has been received by a college
Reply 3529
Original post by Kayleyyyy
I had my offer before Christmas Holidays and today I got my letter from the College! :smile:

Where did you apply? :smile:

I did an open application and then I got put in Van Mildert. I got rejected from Oxford and now have offers from Durham, York and Exeter. Where would you advise?
Original post by rhowell
oh well done :smile: i'm hopign no news is good news! i've only heard of 1 other person getting an offer for PPE yet and he got his before christmas too.
what college did you get? and do you think you will go?

I'm in Castle :biggrin: And yes , I'm definitely going to put Durham as my first choice! What about you? And don't worry :smile: I will keep my finger crossed for you :wink:
Reply 3531
I am waiting for PPE and it is literally killing me now.
Offer for Education Studies & Philosophy at St Chads. Mega happy :smile:
Reply 3533
Original post by rmerz1
how long will it take to find out if a college has accepted you? my AES is now saying that the application has been received by a college

Mine's been 3 weeks, and I've heard people saying it takes months!
Reply 3534
Original post by aef27
Offer for history v100 :smile:

Reli! Well done, I am still waiting to hear from Durham. When did you send your application off and what grades (GCSE and A Levels) do you have/predicted? Cheers.
Reply 3535
Original post by Kayleyyyy
I'm in Castle :biggrin: And yes , I'm definitely going to put Durham as my first choice! What about you? And don't worry :smile: I will keep my finger crossed for you :wink:

ahh thankyou! castle is also where i have applied, would be the happiest person alive if i got a plave there! well done you.
Reply 3536
Original post by graceee
I am waiting for PPE and it is literally killing me now.

tell me about it! dont know why it's taken them so long, i sent mine off in early october!
Reply 3537
Rejection for Combined Honours in Arts... Doesn't hurt so much because it was my fourth choice out of four, but regarding the fact I have got two rejections and only an offer so far, it is not very positive.
Reply 3538
Original post by njs
Any modern languages applicants heard anything from Durham yet? :smile:

No :frown:
I've applied for French and Spanish and am still waiting to hear anything. The waiting is getting worse by the day- especially as Durham is my first choice!!
Reply 3539
Original post by Upside Down
Mmm, the main issue i'm having is choosing between a small town and the capital city! I think I'd be really happy in either, so that's why it's hard to choose! I'm probably going to make a massive pros and cons list...or maybe just toss a coin :tongue:
Yeh I always got the impression UCL was a lot better for sciences-there's another pro to add to the list!
For Durham my offer is AAA in bio, chem, maths
For UCL it's a bit weird. AAA in any three from bio, chem, maths, further maths. Plus a pass in General Studies or a pass at AS level for the fourth subject.

I've got exactly the same issue. Nat Sci at Durham or UCL. Got no idea which way to go, its so annoying.

UCL seems awesome being the capital city and huge :smile:etc, and the degree is probably thought of as better (I think)?

But Durham has a College system which is mean and a huge plus:smile:, it has more sport opportunities, and the degree looks more exciting and variable:smile: than UCLs, however it is much smaller than London. :frown:

Argh, which one??:confused:

Latest