The Student Room Group

Arab Women...

Scroll to see replies

Sorry, no arabs where I live so can't answer the question.
Please ask questions about white people in the future so I'm not excluded.
:tongue:
Reply 101
Sky News had a special report recently on the prevalence of child abduction by North African fathers from their western (white) mothers - typically fleeing with the kids back to North Africa. I noticed that the fathers then tended to settle with hijab-wearing Arab women, and I got the feeling they looked down upon the western mothers, who just wanted to see their children. I guess they envy the freedom those western women have without being pressured into wearing hijabs and following strict norms. At the same time, I couldn't help but think how stupid the western women were for buying into that sort of culture.
not really....obviously there is the whole "oh look what she is wearing, its soo nice, oh she is pretty, she maried him etc"....

but in general arabian women are the best....no-one knows how to party like them (although thats just middle easterns in general), they are very nice and kind...and can be very very sexy :biggrin:
Reply 103
Rubbish, I have Arab friends they never do such things to a stranger.
Reply 104
Original post by Rassam
The women you see do that are most probably wearing a hijab. No further comments.

No-the majority of them aren't.
Reply 105
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
Erm, speak for your own backwards family, thanks. Not the whole of the Middle East..

"Erm".. I wasnt speaking of the Middle East. So. I was speaking about it was like in Iraq. Just to let you know, I like the Middle East, love it in fact. Wow, I don't think my family is "backwards", they're special, and no person especially, those who have nothing to do with their time but insult people to feel highly is going to put me down and feel bad about my family. Go get a job.

Gosh.
Reply 106
Original post by Retrospect
If you are English, generally foreign or look like you have come from abroad, women in particular will generally pick up on this and you will subsequently be met with curiosity and defensiveness in equal measure.

Sorry, but this is just not true.

I don't know what part of Iraq your family is from, but I speak from experience when I say that for a lot of Iraqi families, the women (...and their personalities) dominate and lead the household and the family; pretty much everything they say goes.

OK, sorry. I didn't mean to generalize. However, where I went in Iraq, this is how it appeared to me. I wasnt allowed to do pretty much anything sporty, because, and this is what they told me, I'm a girl. It's true, what they say goes, but I was speaking in other terms. :smile:
Reply 107
Original post by Dirac Delta Function
that's your excuse for not having a personality then? Iraq has a female national basketball team anyway. So perhaps your experiences don't extend to everyone.

Look, I didn't mean to generalize! Gosh, you people are just not worth my time. How old are you? eh? I'm 17, and haven't experienced the world yet. I said what I experienced, I didnt say "EVERY ARAB WOMEN", did I?

My best friends are Arabs and I live in UAE. An "ARAB" country. I am FULLY aware that they have a BASKETBALL team, I was saying, I WASN'T ALLOWED TO PLAY.

Gosh.
its simple really whenever you live in a country or society which you dont come from originally you ll get funny/dirty looks its very evident normally in woman and i mean all women anyone who says otherwise doesnt pay attention to the way woman normally size each other im sure for the guys u av been there when a female colleague/friend looks at another woman and goes i dont know who she thinks she is!!all too familiar haha never hear a man say that.a asian woman woudlnt get dirty looks in a big city like sheffield or manchester but then go into a small town where the locals are not used to people from different races n its a different story.i also agree how Japanese/british people r reserved and how for example french/arabs are not and will not hide their dirty looks!! nuff said
Reply 109
Never had problems with Arab females at all. There's quite a few in my area - there isn't a need to look at them in the first place.
Dirty looks equals dirty sex. I love it.
Original post by Escriba
I hate to generalise BUT...

In my experience they give the dirtiest looks when they don't even know you! You walk past them in a mall they look you up and down, you walk into a wedding hall and they've got these sneers plastered all over their faces as well as make-up. I'm pretty certain this has NOTHING to do with colour because it's a whole variety of Arabs who I've seen do this and it's annoying not to mention quite rude. Anyone else had similar experiences? Do you think it's just a cultural thing to give a woman you don't know the daggers so to speak? :tongue:

Arabs are actually white...well slightly :colondollar:
I've gotten that from a few however could be because i looked weirdly at one before because she didnt know what man flu was :O
Reply 113
Original post by SoulfulBoy
Dirty looks equals dirty sex. I love it.

I wonder where you learnt that. Your Mother I'm guessing?

Original post by captnibby1234
Arabs are actually white...well slightly :colondollar:

They're not white - I know many who are dark skinned. For example Emirati Arabs look almost South Asian
Reply 114
Yes, they are generally rude.
Original post by #Funky
I wonder where you learnt that. Your Mother I'm guessing?

Of course, my BROTHER.:rolleyes: Our mum is very talented, don't you think?
Reply 116
Original post by SoulfulBoy
Of course, my BROTHER.:rolleyes: Our mum is very talented, don't you think?

Nah, don't worry - not all mothers are like yours. Each and everyone is unique of course. Just like yours.

Anyway, let's not fight here.
Arab women are loved like women just in bra.
Original post by #Funky
Nah, don't worry - not all mothers are like yours. Each and everyone is unique of course. Just like yours.

Anyway, let's not show it here. :colondollar:

Why hide the fact we share a mother?:colone: She taught you (and me) everything we know. Don't be shy! Thruth will remain! Everyone will know.:smile:

you are funky because you love having fun...

with our own mother
:colone:
The eastern mentality is not as progressive as ours. Tribal wealth and opulence is everything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending