The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

:woo: just got an offer for FAM - even though my predicted grades were lower. It's my fifth offer so now its decision making time. Has anyone else got an offer from finance, management & accounting?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
STILL waiting on Nottingham for English with Creative Writing. They said I should receive a decision by the end of February at the latest - I'm assuming they will leave it that late but it's still nerve-wracking knowing I could find out any day. Argh! Excited but scared.
Original post by Rachel_Leah
STILL waiting on Nottingham for English with Creative Writing. They said I should receive a decision by the end of February at the latest - I'm assuming they will leave it that late but it's still nerve-wracking knowing I could find out any day. Argh! Excited but scared.

When they said they'd reply by the end of February I was hoping they were exaggerating how long they'd make us wait! But clearly not :frown:
Original post by bubble11
When they said they'd reply by the end of February I was hoping they were exaggerating how long they'd make us wait! But clearly not :frown:

I know! I just want to know nowwwwww. What did you send them? I sent 4 poems which added up to just under 100 lines, but I swear I'm the ONLY one who sent poems?! I also wouldn't be surprised at a rejection because no teachers or family looked over the poems because they are quite personal and I didn't want to change them at all. Hmmmm. I'm confused also about the grades and course places but I'm not going to worry about that lol x
Reply 1104
Environmental science! :smile:
Reply 1105
Original post by Ree-Shay
:woo: just got an offer for FAM - even though my predicted grades were lower. It's my fifth offer so now its decision making time. Has anyone else got an offer from finance, management & accounting?

Hullo! I got an offer for FMA a little while back and am considering it :smile: how does Notts rank out of your 5? You thinking of firming it?
Original post by Rachel_Leah
I know! I just want to know nowwwwww. What did you send them? I sent 4 poems which added up to just under 100 lines, but I swear I'm the ONLY one who sent poems?! I also wouldn't be surprised at a rejection because no teachers or family looked over the poems because they are quite personal and I didn't want to change them at all. Hmmmm. I'm confused also about the grades and course places but I'm not going to worry about that lol x

I sent a short story because whenever I try to write poetry, reading it back makes me cringe! Although actually I'm not so happy with the story I sent either so I'm just avoiding reading that again or I know I'll find tons of mistakes and think it's absolutely terrible :rolleyes: The random change of requirements/places is odd but at least they haven't raised the grades or cut down the places :smile:
Reply 1107
Got an offer (AAA) for Maths :smile:
Going to the visit day on the 16th
Original post by fiona213
Got an offer (AAA) for Maths :smile:
Going to the visit day on the 16th

I got an offer for Economics like last week and yet no invite to a visit day?!
Original post by FoSho'
Hullo! I got an offer for FMA a little while back and am considering it :smile: how does Notts rank out of your 5? You thinking of firming it?

Hi :smile:
Well Notts is the best university i've applied to in terms of graduate job opportunities & due to that (+ how respected the business school is) it would be 4/5. Not 5/5 because the course is a little bit too general (i'd prefer a bit more accounting) & the accommodation isn't the best (for those prices & compared to others). But it does look like a very interesting course. I'm thinking of firming it but i'm having a hard time!

What other universities did you apply to & how would you rate it?

I think i will wait till i visit it (do you know when the open day is).

Side note: (if your interested in the statistics) check out unistat - apparently only 5% of people from the course are unemployed & 80% have a graduate job.

Congrats on getting an offer btw.
Reply 1110
I've just got 19 on my LNAT, what are my chances of getting an offer for Law with Spanish and Spanish Law?
Reply 1111
Original post by zerin62
I've just got 19 on my LNAT, what are my chances of getting an offer for Law with Spanish and Spanish Law?

I'm in the same position as you! Except for Law w/ French. Where else have u got in?
Original post by cem79
I'm in the same position as you! Except for Law w/ French. Where else have u got in?

Ahhhh I am another person, though for straight law. I got 18 in LNAT but not very hopeful as the whole thing went awful, especially my essay! :frown:
Reply 1113
Original post by cem79

I've got offers from Sheffield and Hull, and rejections from UCL and Oxford. You? :smile:
Reply 1114

got an offer as well for that course as well bout a month and a half ago. well done. what was your offer?
Original post by 108
got an offer as well for that course as well bout a month and a half ago. well done. what was your offer?

The offer is AAB but i've just finished my phone call to them asking if they can change it due to the fact that I already having 2 a-levels (sort of). What was your offer & are you thinking of firming Notts?
Reply 1116
The offer is AAB but i've just finished my phone call to them asking if they can change it due to the fact that I already having 2 a-levels (sort of). What was your offer & are you thinking of firming Notts?

my offer was ABB. However Nottingham is at best going to be my safety. Got an offer from Warwick for the same course, which is A*AA and im still waiting for LSE to reply me. But the grades are quite nice for notts, so it will end up being my insurance.
Original post by 108
my offer was ABB. However Nottingham is at best going to be my safety. Got an offer from Warwick for the same course, which is A*AA and im still waiting for LSE to reply me. But the grades are quite nice for notts, so it will end up being my insurance.

Warwick & LSE are great unis for Accounting - you should definitely firm one of them! But doesn't LSE want AAB? Or do you prefer Notts to LSE?
Reply 1118
Original post by zerin62
I've got offers from Sheffield and Hull, and rejections from UCL and Oxford. You? :smile:

Offer from Manch and Bham, reject from Oxford, waiting on Notts and Durham!
Reply 1119
Hi :smile:
Well Notts is the best university i've applied to in terms of graduate job opportunities & due to that (+ how respected the business school is) it would be 4/5. Not 5/5 because the course is a little bit too general (i'd prefer a bit more accounting) & the accommodation isn't the best (for those prices & compared to others). But it does look like a very interesting course. I'm thinking of firming it but i'm having a hard time!

What other universities did you apply to & how would you rate it?

I think i will wait till i visit it (do you know when the open day is).

Side note: (if your interested in the statistics) check out unistat - apparently only 5% of people from the course are unemployed & 80% have a graduate job.

Congrats on getting an offer btw.

I like Notts, however should I receive an offer from either LSE or Leeds, I'd almost definitely choose one of those 2 over it, simply because they have better prestige for the course. But for now Notts is my firm :smile:

Open days for the FAM course are 16 Feb, 23 Feb and 2 days in March (can't remember exactly when but similar dates to Feb).

I'm not sure how trustworthy those graduate job stats are, as I remember reading that some stats take into account someone who (for example) might have studied at Oxford, finished his degree and then got a job in McDonalds. Bam! graduate job. yay. So yeah. However, I'm sure Notts has a good rep for getting people jobs in the banking industry so no worries there :cool:

Where else did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending