The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FoSho'
I like Notts, however should I receive an offer from either LSE or Leeds, I'd almost definitely choose one of those 2 over it, simply because they have better prestige for the course. But for now Notts is my firm :smile:

Open days for the FAM course are 16 Feb, 23 Feb and 2 days in March (can't remember exactly when but similar dates to Feb).

I'm not sure how trustworthy those graduate job stats are, as I remember reading that some stats take into account someone who (for example) might have studied at Oxford, finished his degree and then got a job in McDonalds. Bam! graduate job. yay. So yeah. However, I'm sure Notts has a good rep for getting people jobs in the banking industry so no worries there :cool:

Where else did you apply?

Haha - i should have know the stats were too good to be true!
LSE & Leed are good universities for Accounting & you should definitely choose them over Notts.
The other unis i've applied to are B'ham, Sheffs, Liverpool & Brunel.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1121
Original post by Ree-Shay
Warwick & LSE are great unis for Accounting - you should definitely firm one of them! But doesn't LSE want AAB? Or do you prefer Notts to LSE?

LSE wants AAB, but it is much harder to get the offer. So far Nottingham in 99% my safety, and warwick is my firm choice. If i get into LSE, it will be my firm and again notts my safety. However, if i get a sudden change of mind it might be Warwick as firm and LSE as safety, but i doubt that will every happen.:biggrin:
Original post by 108
LSE wants AAB, but it is much harder to get the offer. So far Nottingham in 99% my safety, and warwick is my firm choice. If i get into LSE, it will be my firm and again notts my safety. However, if i get a sudden change of mind it might be Warwick as firm and LSE as safety, but i doubt that will every happen.:biggrin:

HAHA - its seems like you have quite a choice!
Good luck - in terms of LSE!
I've got an offer of AAA for history v100. Anyone else?
Original post by Rachel08
I've got an offer of AAA for history v100. Anyone else?

I've accepted an Unconditional offer for History :smile: So will definitely be going to Notts this September :biggrin:

Is anyone else going to the History open day on the 8th? Really excited about it, even though its the second I'll have been too now....:colondollar:
Original post by Choccielatte

I've accepted an Unconditional offer for History :smile: So will definitely be going to Notts this September :biggrin:

Is anyone else going to the History open day on the 8th? Really excited about it, even though its the second I'll have been too now....:colondollar:

Do you mean the one next wednesday 9th? cos I'm going to that! Did you take a gap year if you have an unconditional?
Do you mean the one next wednesday 9th? cos I'm going to that! Did you take a gap year if you have an unconditional?

Yep - I dropped out of one course and took a Gap Year to reapply. I got my A Levels back in 2009.

That's the one! Hopefully it's going to break down the course content a bit more, so I can get reading and preparing already. I'm so bored with nothing to study!

Yep - I dropped out of one course and took a Gap Year to reapply. I got my A Levels back in 2009.

That's the one! Hopefully it's going to break down the course content a bit more, so I can get reading and preparing already. I'm so bored with nothing to study!

I agree about course content, I hope it will make my decision easier. I'm going to visit Birmingham the week after so hopefully I will get a better idea. Just out of interest what Alevels did you do?
I agree about course content, I hope it will make my decision easier. I'm going to visit Birmingham the week after so hopefully I will get a better idea. Just out of interest what Alevels did you do?

History, English Literature and Food Technology (basically, chemisty and biology with cookery). Oh and General Studies.
Got an LLB Law offer AAB. Anyone else applying for law?
Reply 1130
I just received a conditional offer officially from Nottingham yesterday through UCAS. But it is not yet updated in the applicant's portal till now.

Should i be worried?
Original post by zayd221
I just received a conditional offer officially from Nottingham yesterday through UCAS. But it is not yet updated in the applicant's portal till now.

Should i be worried?

No
Does anyone know when the Politics Open day is? =[
ive lost the letter they sent lools =]
Has anyone got a ABB offer from nottingham for physics?
Reply 1134
Original post by Ree-Shay
Haha - i should have know the stats were too good to be true!
LSE & Leed are good universities for Accounting & you should definitely choose them over Notts.
The other unis i've applied to are B'ham, Sheffs, Liverpool & Brunel.

Indeed they are and (with all due respect) I'm beginning to question the pedigree of the course because I'm continually hearing stories of Notts offering lower grades for it. I'm wondering why they're doing this? Is the course not that challenging? Because that's not really what I'm looking for. Bit worried to be honest witcha! :redface:

Ah cool. I really really wanted to apply to Birmingham, lovely uni. So who's your number one at the mo? As you said Notts was second choice.
Reply 1135
I'm applying to do Adult Nursing dip/BSc and Masters of Nursing Sci.
I have an interview in two weeks for the Masters of Nursing Sci, but still haven'e heard anything other than an acknowledgement for the other!!
Just got an offer to do BSci Food Science (D610) :biggrin:

Grades needed are ABC/BBB including Chemistry and Maths :biggrin:
Original post by FoSho'
Indeed they are and (with all due respect) I'm beginning to question the pedigree of the course because I'm continually hearing stories of Notts offering lower grades for it. I'm wondering why they're doing this? Is the course not that challenging? Because that's not really what I'm looking for. Bit worried to be honest witcha! :redface:

Ah cool. I really really wanted to apply to Birmingham, lovely uni. So who's your number one at the mo? As you said Notts was second choice.

Maybe Birmingham but i really like the employment fairs that are at Notts. I agree with you - it does seem weird that they are accepting people with lower grades, hopefully this does not reflect the type of degree offered!
Reply 1138
Ahhh, the wait is agonising.. :s-smilie: I have applied for MNutr - Dietetics, and I'm still waiting to hear if I go to interview (hopefully :biggrin:) All you guys have offers etc, I'm jealous :tongue:
Reply 1139
I have conditional offers at Nottingham for Nursing and Medicine so unless I get less that BCC I will deffinatley be there this september. I cant wait to start, I love the whole university - especially the medical centre!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending