The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2260
Original post by Doughnuts!!
:five:

Notts gave me an AAB offer that I couldn't refuse. Now I know that I'm definitely going to uni next year. :smug:

*Glares* I'd like to think that, but I'm convinced I'm not actually going anywhere next year. :tongue:
Reply 2261
Massive kudos to those who got offers from Notts especially those with AAB offers. I've got an AAA offer and after a cheeky bit of stalking, can't seem to work out a trend as to what meant some could get the AAB offers as opposed to the AAA. Haha, sounds a bit like the green-eyed monster I know but it's still a shade confuzzling. Any thoughts?Nonetheless, good times :smile:

For what it's worth, I got 21 in the LNAT, A*(EPQ)AABBB at AS and predicted A*A*A at A2
Original post by Howellsy
*Glares* I'd like to think that, but I'm convinced I'm not actually going anywhere next year. :tongue:

I'm certain that you'll be one of those people that gets all their offers in a massive flood. What did you get in the LNAT?

Original post by zanni
Massive kudos to those who got offers from Notts especially those with AAB offers. I've got an AAA offer and after a cheeky bit of stalking, can't seem to work out a trend as to what meant some could get the AAB offers as opposed to the AAA. Haha, sounds a bit like the green-eyed monster I know but it's still a shade confuzzling. Any thoughts?Nonetheless, good times :smile:

For what it's worth, I got 21 in the LNAT, A*(EPQ)AABBB at AS and predicted A*A*A at A2

Don't worry, I can't work it out either. It seems almost as if they picked people at random tbh. I was convinced that I'd get rejected from both Nottingham and Birmingham as my essay wasn't amazing and I thought that I flopped the MCQ massively.

Still, well done for getting an offer from such a massively competitive Law school. Where else did you apply? What's your first choice?
Reply 2263
I'm certain that you'll be one of those people that gets all their offers in a massive flood. What did you get in the LNAT?

19/42 which I guess is above the average, but to get under 50% is a bit devastating. Hoped that the rest of my application would've been strong enough...
Reply 2264
I've had Unconditionals for Manchester & Exeter so far.
Still waiting on Durham (not fussed tbh, don't really want to go to Durham now :tongue: ), KCL (first choice) and QMUL. I didn't send my app off until the middle of January though.
Unconditionals obviously cause I took a year out and already have my A Level results (2A*AB and GCSEs were 8A*2As).
LNAT score was quite low...19/42. I mean, it's above average and the cut off for KCL, but still disappointed. :P

I have NO idea what my chances for King's would be...keeping all digits (and limbs) crossed though.
Anyone have any idea why Nottingham have lowered the grades to AAB for so many applicants??
Final update.

Course: M100
University: Hull
Offer: ABB

University: Sheffield
Offer: AAB

University: Leicester
Offer: AAA

University: Birmingham
Offer: AAA
LNAT MCQ Score: 11/42

University: Kingston
Offer: ABB

I am well chuffed about the 5 offers, and even more when Birmingham, Sheffield and Leicester accepted my application! Now to focus on getting them grades, how arduous and fun :biggrin:
19/42 which I guess is above the average, but to get under 50% is a bit devastating. Hoped that the rest of my application would've been strong enough...

From what I've seen that's good enough for Notts, KCL and Bristol. :top:
Reply 2268
Original post by molly_h
Same here. And it says on the invitation letter that we have all been made an offer.

I have an offer for Law at QMUL but did not get any invitation to the Open Day...when is it? i checked the law school's website and did not find anything on an open day. please tell me more?
Reply 2269
Original post by rdude
Hey
Can anyone with Nottingham or KCL offers tell me their LNAT scores please? :smile:
thanks

21 for LNAT. Offer from Nottingham. :smile: Still waiting for King's though.
Reply 2270

Nonetheless, you're still an above average candidate and that's certainly not something to be sniffed at. Bet it'll come through for you :smile:

I was convinced that I'd get rejected from both Nottingham and Birmingham as my essay wasn't amazing and I thought that I flopped the MCQ massively.

Must have been such a nice surprise when UCAS came through, well played! As it goes you seem pretty set now :biggrin:

Glad it's not just me who's a little confused

Got rejected from Cam (dagnabit), offers from Suss (Ins) UEA, Notts and now waiting on Bris. Not sure which would be my first choice between Bris -if I get it- or Notts.
Reply 2271
Course: LLB Law
University: Warwick
Offer: AAAc or AAAD
Reply 2272
Original post by moonsailorkitten
congrats !!:smile:

but then ive definately gotte rejected! i applided in the beginning of november for queen mary, and did not recieive that email:frown::frown::frown::frown:

xx

What should I say? Don't give up hope!!!!!! :smile: be brave :smile:
Xxx
Reply 2273
Original post by Thepro
I have an offer for Law at QMUL but did not get any invitation to the Open Day...when is it? i checked the law school's website and did not find anything on an open day. please tell me more?

On the 9th February :smile:
Does anyone know what the cut off point of the LNAT is for KCL and Notts?
Original post by Xumam

Sick guy.
Reply 2276
Original post by molly_h
Same here. And it says on the invitation letter that we have all been made an offer.

what offer did you have from qmul?
Reply 2277
Original post by qcdang
On the 9th February :smile:

thanks...i will not make it anyway...will u go?
Original post by Xumam

congrats !
do you mind telling me your GCSES, ASes and Predictions?
:smile:
Original post by zanni

Must have been such a nice surprise when UCAS came through, well played! As it goes you seem pretty set now :biggrin:

Glad it's not just me who's a little confused

Got rejected from Cam (dagnabit), offers from Suss (Ins) UEA, Notts and now waiting on Bris. Not sure which would be my first choice between Bris -if I get it- or Notts.

Which Cambridge college did you apply to?

That'll be a really tough choice to make. It'd be up to you to decide which city suits you better, accommodation, etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending