The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jimmyatemyworld

Original post by jimmyatemyworld
it could have been but its not a very good score haha! its only a couple of points above average and i think ucl are really looking for excellent scores... i mean, i didnt even manage to get half right ha!

well my chances are looking slim then. jeez. what other LNAT unis did you apply to?
Reply 2281
Hi.

I am from Switzerland. I applied to LSE, KCL, QMU, Nottingham and UCL. Didn't receive any offers or rejections yet, but I've sent my application on the 11.January.
Reply 2282
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Which Cambridge college did you apply to?

That'll be a really tough choice to make. It'd be up to you to decide which city suits you better, accommodation, etc.

Yeah, best to have another look around before decisions are made

I applied to Fitz which I loved on open day. In hindisght seems a tad stupid since they always take from the pool and never put in but I didn't find that out until after applying. Thereagain, it's disgraceful to blame college choice as a reason for not getting in (if the competition beats you fair and square, it beats you) so that's merely a musing on my part haha :smile:. Bit gutted but we move on, might try for an MA later down the line :biggrin:
Reply 2283
Hey, I got 23 in the LNAT, does anyone know if this is good enough for Bristol??
Reply 2284
I would like to pose an interesting question?

Within the 100+ pages of this thread there have been several universities deemed as being very desirable to enter or be granted offers by-excluding Oxbridge I mean.

The most notable being

UCL
KCL
Warwick
Nottingham
LSE
Bristol

Out of thesewhich 3 do you guys thnk are te most desirable to get you a job at the best firms or give you the best fighting chance of practice at the bar council.

I am tempted to go for

UCL
Warwick
KCL

but that is my view. I would say UCL and Warwick are the two most desirable schools apart from Oxbridge

What do you guys think?
Original post by Safety K
I would like to pose an interesting question?

Within the 100+ pages of this thread there have been several universities deemed as being very desirable to enter or be granted offers by-excluding Oxbridge I mean.

The most notable being

UCL
KCL
Warwick
Nottingham
LSE
Bristol

Out of thesewhich 3 do you guys thnk are te most desirable to get you a job at the best firms or give you the best fighting chance of practice at the bar council.

I am tempted to go for

UCL
Warwick
KCL

but that is my view. I would say UCL and Warwick are the two most desirable schools apart from Oxbridge

What do you guys think?

I personally think they're all perfectly good, and you'd still need a good 2.1 or a first to get into the bar :wink: Good luck :tongue:
Reply 2286
last offerrrrrr

English Law
Dundee
ABB
Sent Mid Oct
Original post by lw:)
last offerrrrrr

English Law
Dundee
ABB
Sent Mid Oct

CONGRATS! and the others?
Reply 2288
Original post by LondonTownGirl
CONGRATS! and the others?

newcastle AAA
northumbria ABB (possible insurance but may be dundee, have to visit dundee first)
lancaster AAA (firm)
Reply 2289
University of Warwick
AAAc
Received 1st Feb (whilst on the way to see Alexandra Burke ftw :biggrin:)
LLB.
Original post by *BB*
University of Warwick
AAAc
Received 1st Feb (whilst on the way to see Alexandra Burke ftw :biggrin:)
LLB.

ahh congrats !
what were your gcses, ASes and predictions if you don't mind? :smile:
Reply 2291
Original post by xsexygyalx
ahh congrats !
what were your gcses, ASes and predictions if you don't mind? :smile:

Sure, they're on my profile :smile:
Where have you applied to?
Reply 2292
Original post by bliss23
I got 15 in my LNAT :/

Im predicted 4 A* and have 7A*s 4As in my GCSE's and very strong reference and hopefully a good personal statement

I'm still waiting to hear from Nottingham, Bristol and Durham

Do you think my chances are over with a low LNAT score..?

Hi,
I have pretty similary grades etc to you, but I got 17 in my LNAT. I adore Nottingham. I have an offer from Warwick so I'm hoping my application will outweigh my just below average LNAT score. Good luck :smile:

Does anyone know what LNAT score Nottingham prefer?
Original post by *BB*
Sure, they're on my profile :smile:
Where have you applied to?

aaah you're so lucky :frown:
ucl
king's-rejected
warwick
sussex -abb/aac
reading- ab
Reply 2294
aaah you're so lucky :frown:
ucl
king's-rejected
warwick
sussex -abb/aac
reading- ab

Ha, lucky? How? :/
I love Nottingham so so much, but I scored 17 in the LNAT (I'm sure the length of it hampers performance!)... but I have an offer from Warwick so I hope that means my application is strong.. I have some legal experience, especially within property, land and contract law so I'm hoping they forgive my 17 and offer me... :smile:

What are your grades? Good choice of Unis :smile:
Reply 2295
Original post by *BB*
Hi,
I have pretty similary grades etc to you, but I got 17 in my LNAT. I adore Nottingham. I have an offer from Warwick so I'm hoping my application will outweigh my just below average LNAT score. Good luck :smile:

Does anyone know what LNAT score Nottingham prefer?

Congratulations on your Warwick offer. I am still waiting to hear from them. When did you receive the offer and was it by post or UCAS update?

I met someone today who got 24 in their LNAT and received an AAB offer from Nottingham.
Reply 2296
Original post by Lis10
Congratulations on your Warwick offer. I am still waiting to hear from them. When did you receive the offer and was it by post or UCAS update?

I met someone today who got 24 in their LNAT and received an AAB offer from Nottingham.

Hi, thank you. I received a UCAS Track update email around half six last night, then received an email from the University itself at 8pm. I was quite shocked to be honest :P
And thanks for the Notts info :smile:

Where have you applied?
Reply 2297
ucl - rejected
kcl (finger cross!)
qmul
birmingham - AAA
liverpool - BB

kcl is driving me crazy not replying!

my grades were:
AS AAAC (maths, econ, business studies(C), biology), dropped biology
predicted grades: AAA or A*AA (A* for maths, im not sure:s-smilie:)
LNAT 18/42 (just on the cut-off, will i be placed in consideration?)

guys do i still have a chance for kcl?
is there anyone who got around 18LNAT received kcl offer??
good luck everyone...
Original post by *BB*
Ha, lucky? How? :/
I love Nottingham so so much, but I scored 17 in the LNAT (I'm sure the length of it hampers performance!)... but I have an offer from Warwick so I hope that means my application is strong.. I have some legal experience, especially within property, land and contract law so I'm hoping they forgive my 17 and offer me... :smile:

What are your grades? Good choice of Unis :smile:

because you have warwick ! it's sort of my only hope now tbh :/ if king's rejected me ucl will surely reject me- i got 16 in the lnat XD! sussex and reading were my backups you see :/

gcses 3A* 9A
AS AAAAB
predictions AAAA and i already have an A in chinese :smile:
Reply 2299
because you have warwick ! it's sort of my only hope now tbh :/ if king's rejected me ucl will surely reject me- i got 16 in the lnat XD! sussex and reading were my backups you see :/

gcses 3A* 9A
AS AAAAB
predictions AAAA and i already have an A in chinese :smile:

See that's good! I see no reason why they shouldn't... I hope that if they have a cut off of say 18 the Unis don't automatically disregard the other applicants who don't meet that mark without ever having looked at them...
And thanks, I applied to Warwick and I didn't fully appreciate their status I don't think.. for some reason or another :P
If I get an offer from Nottingham.. which do I firm?! Nottingham or Warwick? :/

Yay for Chinese! I wish I knew Chinese :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending