The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mann18
I'm seeing a lot of criticism and not many solutions :colonhash:

I'd be in favour of just calling it "The Gap Game."

(As in, the gap between the Conference Championships and the Super Bowl.)

Hell, we could even get GAP to sponsor it, net us guys some drinking money for Sunday.

Anyone else hitting up a bar to watch it?

Luckily, my student union bar is showing it. Burgers and hotdogs availible from 9pm too :biggrin: WOO!
If the AFC defense would be persuaded to take this somewhere near seriously, then it might be a half-decent game. Still, no blitzing? From what I've seen so far, seems like there's a no sacks rule either.
This is a rout.
Reply 863
NFC!!! Though the score was high, it was a poor game.
Pro bowl is always terrible lol. I only ever watch the highlights just to see the big plays, but overall, no one cares.
The end play was jokes, random pitching to the snapper lmfao
I don't like the pro-bowl. it's a cool idea but it fails cuz nobody wants to get injured, which is fair enough.
Reply 867
Saw today that my union (Manchester) is showing the game on Sunday. :yy:
Reply 868
As a huge Ravens fan... please please please, Packers, do not let the Steelers win another championship!
I have picked the Packers to win. Just thought I would tell you :biggrin:

And I'm going over on the o/u of 44.5
Reply 870
Original post by S129439
I have picked the Packers to win. Just thought I would tell you :biggrin:

And I'm going over on the o/u of 44.5

I don't bet on the SB, no point, the odds are so short either way.
Original post by RNBen
I don't bet on the SB, no point, the odds are so short either way.

True dat. Good for the crack though.
Reply 872
Original post by S129439
True dat. Good for the crack though.

Oh yeah, occasionally worth a punt on something outlandish just in case it comes off. Though odds are usually near enough the same either way - more than 25 pts at 10/11, less than 25 pts at 10/11. And so on.
Best odds are usually to be found on first scorer and missed field goal. I like betting on who wins each quarter though and it pays out pretty well.
Reply 874
NFL: America's Game on all day on SS4, got to love the student life.
Reply 875
After a discussion with my friend today, I was just wondering who you guys would rather have as your quarterback, and why?

Joe Flacco or Eli Manning?

I'm gonna be biased and say Flacco.
I believe he can easily lead the Ravens for the next 5+ years, and probably earn a ring. Whereas Manning had the most interceptions this year, which isn't exactly great.
Opinions guys? :biggrin:
Original post by T-Hill
After a discussion with my friend today, I was just wondering who you guys would rather have as your quarterback, and why?

I believe he can easily lead the Ravens for the next 5+ years, and probably earn a ring. Whereas Manning had the most interceptions this year, which isn't exactly great.

Eli Manning. Majority of Flaccos passes are check downs. He lacks the arm to throw a good bomb or rather, lacks the confidence to do it often. Blitz Flacco well and he makes bad decisions. One is a Superbowl MVP Pro-bowl quarterback, the other one isn’t.
Reply 877
Original post by T-Hill

I'll take Manning, bigger arm, better leader, willing to take risks.

Flacco has pretty much the best WR corp available to any QB, and a bitchin' RB, AND an awesome defence.

'Ain't won much.

Not all his fault, and I think he'll be good in the future, but I'll take Manning this time.
Original post by T-Hill

I would take Flacco. Manning is a pick horse. Flacco is good for the future. Preferably I would have neither though...

Latest