The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EcstaticMuse
Sure thing! If it doesn't, I'm sure you could always ring up UCAS, give them your id number and have them track it down for you, make sure it went through. Did you get a confirmation e-mail or something of the submission? It might be in your spam folder, worth checking it.

I think I did receive an email just for creating a login but it has since disappeared. No email confirmation on having submitted the application although when I try to log in again it tells me I already submitted an app for the program - so that's good at least. I emailed the school...I'm sure patience is a virtue...too bad I'm short on that*L
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Nikkisong
I think I did receive an email just for creating a login but it has since disappeared. No email confirmation on having submitted the application although when I try to log in again it tells me I already submitted an app for the program - so that's good at least. I emailed the school...I'm sure patience is a virtue...too bad I'm short on that*L

Completely understandable! Patience does run a little short when it comes to UCAS. I practically lived in the "waiting for offers" thread for a while. :tongue: Let us know if it all works out! I'm sure it just needs some time to process, I think something like two days is what it took for me.
Reply 2502
Original post by samba2
Could I ask how long it took to get your offer after submitting the questionnaire?

Thanks

I submitted the questionnaire in early December, recieved my offer in late Jan
Reply 2503
What do you think would be better. Nat Sci at UCL or at Durham?? Open ended question I know, but I'm stuck as to which one.

Also does anyone know what the sport is like at UCL?
Reply 2504
Original post by jroy9
What do you think would be better. Nat Sci at UCL or at Durham?? Open ended question I know, but I'm stuck as to which one.

Also does anyone know what the sport is like at UCL?

I have heard that NatSci at Durham is better. UCL is a good university but not amazing for Natural Sciences.
Reply 2505
offer for computer science :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 2506
Original post by safcal93
Can I just ask when you sent your questionnaire off?

Hi, I sent it off on the 23rd November.
Had an iterview for Earth sciences on the 26th...the faculty tutor said he reccomended me to the faculty and the tutors will discuss and the faculty will contact me soon with a decission.....hoping for an offer- will make my life so much better!
Anyone else applying for Geology or Earth Science at UCL??????????
Reply 2509
Original post by coffee-spoons
I got an email early December saying i would be told the verdict by the end of January- at the latest. So, I guess i should anticipated hearing by tomorrow.
majorly have my blackberry clutched in my hand- to check my emails compulsively. =]

Hahahaha i saw this and i simply laughed like an insane bat. You and me both. I go completely ballistic when i misplace my blackberry, because i'm convinced that im getting an email from ucas RIGHT THEN. (but of course, ucas is as silent as ever)
Reply 2510
Original post by TheRockMaster
Had an iterview for Earth sciences on the 26th...the faculty tutor said he reccomended me to the faculty and the tutors will discuss and the faculty will contact me soon with a decission.....hoping for an offer- will make my life so much better!

I got it too 2 weeks before getting my offer! good luck :smile:

*even though I never had an interview
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2511
Original post by Robinjh
I have heard that NatSci at Durham is better. UCL is a good university but not amazing for Natural Sciences.

Really? Cool thanks.
I must say the course at Durham looks better and more enjoyable.

But from what i can tell with rankings UCL is above Durham? So do employers see UCL as far above Durham??:s-smilie:
Reply 2512
Original post by jroy9
Really? Cool thanks.
I must say the course at Durham looks better and more enjoyable.

But from what i can tell with rankings UCL is above Durham? So do employers see UCL as far above Durham??:s-smilie:

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The league tables should really be taken with a pinch of salt. As a university, UCL seems to have a slightly higher reputation, whereas Durham seems to be slightly more respected for Natural Sciences. Employers are usually more interested in how well your qualifications fit the job, rather than subtle differences between the universities. With the two universities being so similar in reputation, there are many factors far more significant when considering employability. I would suggest instead using these to decide which you should attend.

Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by nomnomer
Hahahaha i saw this and i simply laughed like an insane bat. You and me both. I go completely ballistic when i misplace my blackberry, because i'm convinced that im getting an email from ucas RIGHT THEN. (but of course, ucas is as silent as ever)

UCAS seems to email me at the most inconvinent times when i do NOT have my Blackberry on me. Had an email from them when i was on the Tube, but didn't find out for 30 minutes!! :eek: also, had a History exam this January and they emailed me in the exam so didn't find out for around 2 and a half hours!! ahhh.... that's the worst bit. not having your phone and realising that email has been waiting there all those hours..... bah, maybe i've just become too insane. I'm too cool for my own good :rolleyes:
Original post by EcstaticMuse
Completely understandable! Patience does run a little short when it comes to UCAS. I practically lived in the "waiting for offers" thread for a while. :tongue: Let us know if it all works out! I'm sure it just needs some time to process, I think something like two days is what it took for me.

Well, sans patience, I emailed the portico services email address they include in the registration email. I got one back a few hours later stating that my reference emails had finally been sent. Thank goodness I checked, it could have been weeks of waiting with an incomplete application. Thanks so much for the response, it helped keep me...somewhat...sane. :biggrin:
Reply 2515
UCL rejection for maths and stats
Reply 2516
Original post by dj9
yep just maths (thankfully) lol. ahh ok, yeee i'd definitely say c4 is easier than c3. there's a lot to remember in both but i think the content in c4 is easier to remember. i'm on ocr - not nice.
ahaa lucky more like. i remember the day so well; was booking an open day for ucl in june just to go see the uni, then thought why not check out their computer science website and looked at the requirements.. "..with an A in Mathematics".. I don't even take mathematics! lool

soz for the late reply (exams and that) but lool. at least you got a chance to take it!
Original post by Firaila
It will be my first choice if they give me an offer :borat:

You?

hi, did u apply for L101 from UCL
ie the international programme
because i applied early november
and havent even got an acknowledgement yet
bit worried
+ congratulations on getting an open day at least
Original post by Firaila
x

Hey,

How was the open day? Did you get an interview in the end? :tongue:
Reply 2519
Anyone applying for Law got an offer with LNAT of 21/42? My LNAT score is worrying me.. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending