The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What is the notice period if you are going to leave sainsburys?

I'm filling in an application for a full time job and it wants to know the notice period
Original post by stargirl92
What is the notice period if you are going to leave sainsburys?

I'm filling in an application for a full time job and it wants to know the notice period

it's 4 weeks, strictly speaking.
Original post by inksplodge
it's 4 weeks, strictly speaking.

Thanks, just wondering what the procedure is when you do leave

I.E do you just hand in your notice to your manager or do you have to discuss it with your manager before you hand in the notice. Sainsbury's was my first job so I'm clueless haha
Original post by stargirl92
Thanks, just wondering what the procedure is when you do leave

I.E do you just hand in your notice to your manager or do you have to discuss it with your manager before you hand in the notice. Sainsbury's was my first job so I'm clueless haha

i haven't done it myself lol but i would just give it to the manager
i haven't done it myself lol but i would just give it to the manager

Ah right cool :smile: lol Thanks :smile:
anyone had a department manager trainee interview? I'm guessing its not going to be the dvd based interview (although I will continue to hope it is, I've passed this before lol)
Original post by Friendly_cow
anyone had a department manager trainee interview? I'm guessing its not going to be the dvd based interview (although I will continue to hope it is, I've passed this before lol)

One of my friends has recently done it. Apparently you are meant to do the dvd test, but it's a harder manager version - there are 3 versions - normal colleague, team leader, and manager. Then there's a more formal interview part as well.
I've had a department manager trainee interview in December didn't have a Dvd test. Consisted of a few competency based questions, then a task involving creating a 2 month plan for starting in a new department and a role play. Didn't get the role but was offered another job didn't accept it but had my details passed on to another store where I've got a job as team leader in training
Reply 7608

Anyone elses store trying to hype up the 3DS launch?
Reply 7609
do9nt know about hype up the ds but we've just got pos out and that for pre-order, now down to £199.99 from the £219.99 last week. that price went well i imagine
apparently they sacked 7 people last week. that is quite worrying considering we don't have a large workforce anyway. last night we had to leave 6 fresh sections and 3 grocery ones cos we didn't have enough people :/ i know they are hiring again for my shift though so hopefully we get some more soon. we have an average of 5 people a night which is stupid.
The other night I did the same work that 2-3 people usually do, ridiculous. Felt like writing to the store manager because he simply doesn't appreciate the sort of effort we put in, completely ignored while the team leader gets the pats on the back
Original post by drakesdrum
The other night I did the same work that 2-3 people usually do, ridiculous. Felt like writing to the store manager because he simply doesn't appreciate the sort of effort we put in, completely ignored while the team leader gets the pats on the back

that's what it's like for night shift ! i used to work really hard now i can't be bothered, it's not like they show any appreciation for it. why should i hurt myself (and i often do) just so they can have all their work done, they can do some for a change.
Reply 7613
Original post by mug51
do9nt know about hype up the ds but we've just got pos out and that for pre-order, now down to £199.99 from the £219.99 last week. that price went well i imagine

My region are having a competyition to see which store can sell the most, and the store that does will be given 2 of the new DS's to be given to the people that push sales. I want this DS, but im not spending £120 on it. So I've been putting tannoys out every 15 minutes with the same thing :biggrin: I checked to see how many deposits where sold and since last wednesday we have only sold 3 :frown:
banging my head on the wall. i really feel like i don't get ANY respect at work :mad:
i know this shouldnt entirely be in this thread but would it be frowned upon to be working at two different supermarkets ( thinking of applying for part-time job at waitrose aswell, as i'm currently only working weekeneds at sainsburys)
Reply 7616
Hi
Does anyone know which month we get our bonus this year?
Reply 7617
Original post by bananaterracottapie
i know this shouldnt entirely be in this thread but would it be frowned upon to be working at two different supermarkets ( thinking of applying for part-time job at waitrose aswell, as i'm currently only working weekeneds at sainsburys)

Its not allowed. If they find out, you could lose your job. Its apparantly in the contract somewhere (so i've been told!)
Original post by Oh-No!
Its not allowed. If they find out, you could lose your job. Its apparantly in the contract somewhere (so i've been told!)

Really? That's ridiculous... lol
Reply 7619
Really? That's ridiculous... lol

I think its all to do with the competition between JS & the competitors. Can see where they are coming from, but 9 out of 10 people working for 2 different companies are probably only doing it to make money!

Latest

Trending

Trending