The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Why not? There's info on which languages and subtitles are available for every DVD on the respective product pages. Ok, there is no search function for this, but it's a start, right?

Okay, I could have gone on Amazon as well, but I came here because I thought people could suggest specific films..?
Original post by clair0511
Schau mal was du bei Amazon.de findest, du mußt aber den kleingedruckt lesen :wink:

z.B. Inception hat deutsche Untertiteln

http://www.amazon.de/Inception-Leonardo-DiCaprio/dp/B003TWOHLO/ref=pd_ts_zgc_d_284266_6?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&pf_rd_p=211364427&pf_rd_s=right-4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=284266&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_r=1MB2GRRX83KJBQA8121G

Gratis Versand (auch nach Ö) ab 20 euro!

danke!
Ach ja, ich wollte wissen was ihr denkt über die Situation in Ägypten?..Gestern hat die Regime züruch geschlagen und ich muss sagen, es war total gewalttatig :s-smilie:
Ich weiß nichts darüber! Ich habe darüber lesen versucht, aber die und die arabische Region sind so komplex, dass ich keine Meinung haben kann. Es ist vermutlich wahr, dass die meisten Leute in Europa nicht genug über die arabische Welt wissen. Gewalttätigkeit ist nichts neues in der Politik...
Original post by littleshambles
Ich weiß nichts darüber! Ich habe darüber lesen versucht, aber die und die arabische Region sind so komplex, dass ich keine Meinung haben kann. Es ist vermutlich wahr, dass die meisten Leute in Europa nicht genug über die arabische Welt wissen. Gewalttätigkeit ist nichts neues in der Politik...

Ja, es stimmt, dass Leben in der arabische Region sehr komplex ist (immerhin fia die Europasiche Leute), aber ich denke, dass in der Fall der Demos in Ägypten und die Anderen der arabischen Welt ist es ein bisschen leichter. Aber es ist bedauerlich, dass es so viel Gewalttätigkeit gibt!
Aber komm schon!..Gewalttätigkeit in Politik ist nicht normal!...ich meine, nicht Gewalttätigkeit, die anhlich ist wie was wir jetzt sehen..
Hmmm... Nicht normal, aber trotzdem nicht neu! Ich würde auch sagen, dass Gewalttätigkeit immer in Politik bleibt. Wir sehen die nicht, aber die Staat ist gewalttätig an sich, und die Gewalttätigkeit, die wir in der politischen Unruhen sehen, ist einfach die Gewalttätigkeit, die typisch und characteristisch des Lebens ist, aber nur sichtbar.
What is the difference between Gewalt and Gewaltätigkeit...
Ich habe auch keine Meinung. Ich weiß auch nicht genug darüber. Aber ich will ja wissen, was passieren wird. Ich glaube, die Leute mindestens eine richtige Demokratie verdient haben - das sollten jedes Land haben!

Force and violence I believe....
Original post by SpiritedAway
Ich habe auch keine Meinung. Ich weiß auch nicht genug darüber. Aber ich will ja wissen, was passieren wird. Ich glaube, die Leute mindestens eine richtige Demokratie verdient haben - das sollten jedes Land haben!

Ja, stimmt..obwohl ich sagen würde, dass Demokratie nicht das beste System in jeden Land ist. Was ist interessant ist, inwiefern die USA und Israel erlauben werden, Ägypten Demokratie zu haben?
n
Haha, i messed up that sentence pretty badly, please correct me!..and I hope you understood what I said :biggrin:
Reply 9930
Original post by jakemittle
Force and violence I believe....

Kind of... I'd say 'Gewalt' is violence in a kind of broader, and more abstract sense, whereas 'Gewalttätigkeit' is normally used to describe people and means inclination towards (physical) violence.
So essentially 'Gewalt' is something that happens, and 'Gewalttätigkeit' is a characteristic or personality trait.
Reply 9931

Yeah basically Gewalt is (the act of) violence itself or violence in general. Gewalttätigkeit is the noun from gewalttätig, which is a word used to describe a person meaning 'violent' (literally 'violence-do-y'), and so Gewalttätigkeit means something more like 'violence-prone-ness' or how violent a person is.

Edit: Ah, someone else already described it better than me.
(edited 13 years ago)
I am now trying to figure out which of the Gewalttätigkeits, if any, in my post I should replace with Gewalts.
Reply 9933
I am now trying to figure out which of the Gewalttätigkeits, if any, in my post I should replace with Gewalts.

Hmmm.

Personally I'd replace all Gewalttätigkeits with Gewalt, apart from the last one. I might put something like '...ist einfach die Wirkung von der Gewalttätigkeit...' But it really depends on what you mean :tongue:
Yeah I think that's right. Damn my reduced ability to distinguish the two concepts :colonhash:
A quick question: Before Germany was one country, it was like loads of different "things". Were these actual different countries or were they just cities? And what are they called in German (if not Länder/Städte)?
Original post by jakemittle
Okay, I could have gone on Amazon as well, but I came here because I thought people could suggest specific films..?

All right, point taken then. Here are two German film I enjoyed very much and would like to recommend:

http://www.amazon.de/Vincent-will-Meer-Florian-David/dp/B003I63QKO

http://www.amazon.de/Same-But-Different-David-Kross/dp/B0041G2YTO (couldn't find reliable info on subtitles, but it also has English dubbing so you could switch back and forth if you don't understand something)
[QUOTE="TitanicTeutonicPhil;29742976"]All right, point taken then. Here are two German film I enjoyed very much and would like to recommend:

http://www.amazon.de/Vincent-will-Meer-Florian-David/dp/B003I63QKO[/url

Good film :yes:
Original post by SpiritedAway
A quick question: Before Germany was one country, it was like loads of different "things". Were these actual different countries or were they just cities? And what are they called in German (if not Länder/Städte)?

Before Germany was united by the Nazis (kidding) it consisted of a large number of duchies (Herzogtümern) and princedoms (Fürstentümern). A lot of them were tiny (as small as a single city), some had more or less the size of today's states (Bundesländern), some where huge (Preußen comes to mind). They acted like seperate countries, with different measurement systems and currencies, even though later on they formed alliances (Rheinbund, Deutscher Bund, etc.) which had a unifying effect.
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
Before Germany was united by the Nazis (kidding) it consisted of a large number of duchies (Herzogtümern) and princedoms (Fürstentümern). A lot of them were tiny (as small as a single city), some had more or less the size of today's states (Bundesländern), some where huge (Preußen comes to mind). They acted like seperate countries, with different measurement systems and currencies, even though later on they formed alliances (Rheinbund, Deutscher Bund, etc.) which had a unifying effect.

Latest

Trending

Trending