The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Can i just ask, do Universities receive out LNAT results way before we even receive them?
I scored really low, and i'm still waiting for King's and UCL...
Surprisingly haven't rejected me yet, and i sent my application off at the beginning of December =/
Original post by GetCrunkedUp
Can i just ask, do Universities receive out LNAT results way before we even receive them?
Surprisingly haven't rejected me yet, and i sent my application off at the beginning of December =/

Yeah, I think the unis get our results pretty soon after we do them. Not sure why it takes so long for those results to come to us though.
Reply 2302
Original post by GetCrunkedUp

I scored low as well on the LNAT and I'm still waiting on them too :s-smilie: been waiting since early October. What did you get?

Does anyone think I still have a chance with UCL and KCL with 18 on the LNAT? predicted 43/45 in the IB.
Reply 2303
Got my 5 replies.

Cambridge: M100 Law 42, 777 at HL
LSE: M100 Law 38, 766 at HL
Warwick: 36, 18 pts in total at HL
Southampton: 36, 18 pts in total at HL
UCL: Application Unsuccessful

Firming Cambridge and insurancing LSE :smile: Anyone know the address I can e-mail to ask UCL for feedback as to why my application was unsuccessful? Curious to find out.
Original post by catalina18
I live fairly close to Durham and after visiting it I decided I wanted to go properly away. Also Durham's just straight Law, whereas Warwick is Law and French law. I applied for a couple of just straight Law just to try and maximise my chances in case something went wrong with French. Where are you two considering as your firm?

Hey, I applied to Law and French in the UCAS too, but I'm an international student so not as savvy with the whole system. Do you know if they'd be less likely to pay attention to the lnat cos it's also about language? Also, have you had any offers yet? Clearly I'm brickin it.
Original post by loxemori
I scored low as well on the LNAT and I'm still waiting on them too :s-smilie: been waiting since early October. What did you get?

Does anyone think I still have a chance with UCL and KCL with 18 on the LNAT? predicted 43/45 in the IB.

It sucks doesn't it! At least you scored above average, i scored 16 =/ but only thing with me is i've been to med school in america, so i don't know whether they will take that into consideration, i've been predicted 3As, i speak 6 languages, and hopefully my work experience will weigh out the LNAT- seriously keeping my fingers crossed. I really want King's its my number one =(( I only have an offer from SOAS right now. I reckon you have a good chance still, especially since your LNAT is 18...after all, the LNAT doesn't account for everything...or i hope it doesn't. And i'm thinking they would have rejected you by now if you hadn't been considered further.
they're good grades sexygyal

Original post by xsexygyalx
because you have warwick ! it's sort of my only hope now tbh :/ if king's rejected me ucl will surely reject me- i got 16 in the lnat XD! sussex and reading were my backups you see :/

gcses 3A* 9A
AS AAAAB
predictions AAAA and i already have an A in chinese :smile:
Original post by High As A Kite
I don't want to do criminology either haha... which is why i asked for a transfer :smile:

I hope to one day earn a living as a lawyer (obviously not set in stone yet). I'm just slightly concerned over what employers may think of UEA. Especially since I have the chance to graduate from Exeter. The question of gaining a higher degree at either is neglibable because it's ultimately down to how well I perform. I'll also spend the first two years at Cornwall Campus (Exeter), where the teaching is 'inferior' to the main site.

:s still have a bit of time to think i suppose. How well would you say UEA is regarded for law?

sorry for pestering you :colondollar:

Since when is the teaching 'inferior'?
Reply 2308
Original post by KirstyK

I'm also curious about this, I have some guys on facebook in all sorts of vitriolic rage cos they got offers from the Cornwall Campus; what's the difference?
I've started twitching a little over my Uni choices .... received an offer from Manchester, but waiting on Warwick, QMUL + Sussex ....
Reply 2310
has any internationals got offers from Sussex yet?

Original post by nc28
ucl - rejected
kcl (finger cross!)
qmul
birmingham - AAA
liverpool - BB

kcl is driving me crazy not replying!

my grades were:
AS AAAC (maths, econ, business studies(C), biology), dropped biology
predicted grades: AAA or A*AA (A* for maths, im not sure:s-smilie:)
LNAT 18/42 (just on the cut-off, will i be placed in consideration?)

guys do i still have a chance for kcl?
is there anyone who got around 18LNAT received kcl offer??
good luck everyone...

can i ask when did you send you application of and when did you receive a diction from UCL, i applied there too and am quite worried :smile:
LLB at -

Glasgow - unconditional. (firmed :colone:)
Strathclyde - unconditional.
Dundee - unconditional.
Aberdeen - unconditional.

Edinburgh - withdrew application.

I just firmed Glasgow last night, didn't bother waiting for a reply from Edinburgh since it was my favourite. :love:
Original post by KirstyK

Well I may be wrong, and I did wish for the term to be used loosely.

The main lectures are held at Streatham. There is also an emphasis on virtual lectures between the two campuses - and since the 'main lectures' are held at Streatham, I fear many at Cornwall will be left learning from videos.

This is why students studying law at Cornwall transfer to Streatham in their final year. -- The staff at Exeter obviously think the teaching/resources at Streatham are better, otherwise they'd all stay at Cornwall.
Reply 2314
Original post by *BB*
University of Warwick
AAAc
Received 1st Feb (whilst on the way to see Alexandra Burke ftw :biggrin:)
LLB.

Who negged this? Seriously, what is the point. After all the support we give to each other.
Original post by *BB*
Who negged this? Seriously, what is the point. After all the support we give to each other.

Congrats on the offer.

When did you send your UCAS off?
Reply 2316
Original post by studentee
Congrats on the offer.

When did you send your UCAS off?

Thank you :smile:
I sent mine off on October 12th. I guess you've applied there too?
Original post by *BB*
Thank you :smile:
I sent mine off on October 12th. I guess you've applied there too?

Yeah .... it is mighty competitive so getting an offer is some feat.

There does seem to be lengthy deliberation over applications so I am preparing myself for an anxious wait having applied relatively close to the deadline!

Are you thinking of firming Warwick?
Original post by maka9
Got my 5 replies.

Cambridge: M100 Law 42, 777 at HL
LSE: M100 Law 38, 766 at HL
Warwick: 36, 18 pts in total at HL
Southampton: 36, 18 pts in total at HL
UCL: Application Unsuccessful

Firming Cambridge and insurancing LSE :smile: Anyone know the address I can e-mail to ask UCL for feedback as to why my application was unsuccessful? Curious to find out.

wow!.. Well done!!! those are some pretty hectic offers :biggrin:... 3 sevens at HL from Cambridge though!!! :confused: are they nuts?? I also do IB, which subjects are you doing if you don't mind me asking :colondollar:

Still, that is amazing- offers from 4 AMAZING unis! :biggrin: so jealous :biggrin:
Reply 2319
Original post by studentee
Yeah .... it is mighty competitive so getting an offer is some feat.

There does seem to be lengthy deliberation over applications so I am preparing myself for an anxious wait having applied relatively close to the deadline!

Are you thinking of firming Warwick?

I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: What are your grades?

I'm not sure where to firm! I always thought I'd firm Nottingham, although I have no reply yet :/ but I think Warwick might be the way to go... what do you think?

Latest

Trending

Trending