The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Has anyone got an offer for English lit at Durham yet?

I know loads of people who have been rejected, and I have heard nothing, so I think they are considering my application, but waiting until the january UCAS deadline to reply. I want to know if anyone has actually got an offer yet, because maybe they give out early offers to really strong applicants?
thanks!
I haven't heard anything yet - I sent my UCAS off to Durham at the start of November. i just hope no news is good news but I really want to know!!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Eng Lit is so massively oversubscribed they'll wait until well into next year before sending out offers.
Reply 3
Ohh okay, I thought some people (the very strongest applicants) had already got an offer!
Reply 4
Original post by Bounce7
Ohh okay, I thought some people (the very strongest applicants) had already got an offer!

Probably. Usually they give offers now to people who would get an offer any year, they're clearly outstanding - but most people will have to wait until after the deadline to hear.
Reply 5
Original post by angelmxxx
Probably. Usually they give offers now to people who would get an offer any year, they're clearly outstanding - but most people will have to wait until after the deadline to hear.

Ah okay, yes, its so hard this year, with so many people applying, I see the gap year looming ha!
Reply 6
Yeah i got an offer about a month ago :smile:
I've got one :smile: what college is everyone applying to? I'm going for St. Mary's... :smile:
Reply 8
i just got an offer a few days ago! what are your requirements?? I'm an international student and it's AAA for me
Reply 9
Out of interest, people who have offers already, what gcse/ as level grades do you have?
Well done :smile:

Original post by GMH12
x

Original post by Duncanorsomething
I've got one :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
great, more povos
Yes I got an unconditional offer. I was surprised myself, coz I just had a B in English at GCSE didn't even do A Level. Weird !?
Original post by bubbaa
Out of interest, people who have offers already, what gcse/ as level grades do you have?
Well done :smile:

GCSE: 11 A*
AS Level: 4 A

Sorry, I hate to be the goon who posts their ridiculously good results... but since you asked :P
Reply 13
Original post by Duncanorsomething
GCSE: 11 A*
AS Level: 4 A

Sorry, I hate to be the goon who posts their ridiculously good results... but since you asked :P

Ha no worries, i got an offer too :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by bubbaa
Ha no worries, i got an offer too :smile:

D'you mind if I ask what your GCSEs are? I'm worried that mine are in no way good enough :redface:
Reply 15
Original post by Vekeh
D'you mind if I ask what your GCSEs are? I'm worried that mine are in no way good enough :redface:

10A*s 2As
im sure youll be fine, you have the added advantage of already having your A2 grades :smile:
Offer at Mildert :smile: Open Day in March!

Quick Reply

Latest