The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billet-doux
Congrats :biggrin:

Why thankyou! How are you finding it so far? I hear your year haven't been a very RAGgy bunch...
Reply 741
Original post by Huw Davies
Passed! Possibly the best feeling ever.

You find out fast! Congrats!
Original post by Mushi_master
Why thankyou! How are you finding it so far? I hear your year haven't been a very RAGgy bunch...

I'm really enjoying it so far, especially now we've started Phase 2. Ah yeah, people don't seem so keen to RAG for some reason, but I went out today :biggrin: There are a few really keen raggers though! Like there was a red dragon and a gorilla on campus a few days ago! Haha! How's second year going?
Original post by billet-doux
I'm really enjoying it so far, especially now we've started Phase 2. Ah yeah, people don't seem so keen to RAG for some reason, but I went out today :biggrin: There are a few really keen raggers though! Like there was a red dragon and a gorilla on campus a few days ago! Haha! How's second year going?

Same goings on with us last year really, it will turn into the RAG clique very quickly! I went out a couple of times last year and to a couple of the events, but my contribution this year has gone as far as buying a mag... How did I miss such sightings?

Phase 2 is so, so much better than phase 1! Year 2 is... tough. Well, tougher than 1st year but it's interesting stuff so I get by. So many more lectures.
Original post by Hygeia
You find out fast! Congrats!

Within 90 mins of finishing!
Original post by crazylemon
Ah RAG...Once again I can't get involved even if I wanted to...Maybe for RAG week depending on when it is.

Every year they say they want to get the rest of KCL involved, say they'll make a big effort to get those strandies out there.

As far as I'm aware not a single bucket has been signed up outside of Guy's!
Reply 746
Original post by Huw Davies
Within 90 mins of finishing!

I'll have to wait 2 weeks :grumble:
Mine is simply I am at a comp, so no can do. Hopefully can do invasion but tbh I don't really mind.

You are really separate from year one arn't you?

Our uni has its own separate (worse) RAG that isn't the medics.

Pretty much, and from the rest of the college!

See if they tried that here I just don't think it would happen.
It doesn't really happen here in any big way I learnt about it by accident that is how badly advertised :teehee:

They try to make a big deal about it here, but nobody can be arsed. Apart from the clique!
Original post by Blatant Troll

"The issue of extra curricula activities will be addressed" as part of the EPM. Apparently.

Thoughts?

:holmes:

Great news, it's something that is currently seriously underemphasised.

Do you know anything more about the EPM - will it still be clinical years only?
I would honestly rather they stick to assessing clinical stuff and ignore extracurriculars - people will continue to have hobbies and participate in stuff that they personally enjoy, and maybe we'll lose some of these ridiculous clubs and societies that people only set up to talk about in these situations.
Reply 751
Lol what have you done to make your record less than squeaky clean?

The only problem I have is the ability to find and fall through almost every crack in the system (sometimes intentionally, other not). I don't even have a personal tutor anymore.

That sounds awesome though, bit late for UROP but then so am I seeing as I didn't get what I wanted and then wasn't in the mood to apply for just ANY group...So I am going to spend some of the summer teaching probably (then maybe some phlebing I haven't decided)

Heh a few things, had a tribunal in first year regarding some naughty business, several talks with laycock in the second about attendance and am currently ranked (joint) dead last based on e-lecture quiz performance in the third - not something I'm proud of, quite gutted actually, but it didn't stop me getting distinctions in both years and I don't feel it will influence my quality as a doctor/academic in the future.

I'm already involved in UROP and have been since the summer after year 1 (I applied really late and got lucky, so keep trying!) - I've done quite a bit research wise, and now want to fill out my CV some more in other ways like teaching. Any other ideas?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by buzzcat
Heh a few things, had a tribunal in first year regarding some naughty business, several talks with laycock in the second about attendance and am currently ranked (joint) dead last based on e-lecture quiz performance in the third - not something I'm proud of, quite gutted actually, but it didn't stop me getting distinctions in both years and I don't feel it will influence my quality as a doctor/academic in the future.

I'm already involved in UROP and have been since the summer after year 1 (I applied really late and got lucky, so keep trying!) - I've done quite a bit research wise, and now want to fill out my CV some more in other ways like teaching. Any other ideas?

Is laycock the endocrinology don? If so, having met him many a time, what a hero! :tongue: ...tribunal, sounds like a perpetrator of war crimes :rofl:
I've passed my OSCE :biggrin: And somehow managed to get full marks on BLS, even though I thought it went so badly. Full marks on consultation skills too, but UEA is famed for being good at that :wink:
SSC passed with 83%, rather chuffed with that!
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I've passed my OSCE :biggrin: And somehow managed to get full marks on BLS, even though I thought it went so badly. Full marks on consultation skills too, but UEA is famed for being good at that :wink:

Well done pet.:smile:
Trainwreck OSCE.
Reply 757
I've done a small (3 minute) blog on the rise on tuition fees for the TSR blogging panel. The rises will obviously mean quite remarkable fees for future undergraduates, and will hit medical students especially hard. If you wish to take a look please feel free, any debate and discussion on there would be great. The link is in my signature.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

Congrats :smile: I get my exam results on Monday, and I am not feeling confident!:confused:
Original post by _Andrew_

Original post by _Andrew_
Congrats :smile: I get my exam results on Monday, and I am not feeling confident!:confused:

I am sure you'll have done just fine :smile: I seem to be stuck in quartile B at the moment, so I'm aiming for A quartile at some point!!! :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending