The Student Room Group

Oxford 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

PPE at pembroke anyone?? :smile:
Original post by Philosopher-of-sorts
It has still been AAA up until this year, but next year onwards will be A*A*A.

Thanks
Reply 822
really really really wanna go now!! a-levels are dragging on so bad.
Reply 823
Original post by DanielOJ

Lol, this so bad.

Really can't be ****ed in school, lol...

Just want the summer, now.
Reply 824
I was wondering if anybody knew if the person who wrote their recommendation had been sent a letter about your acceptance, or anything like that? And congrats on all of the offers :biggrin:
Original post by DanielOJ

Cannot even explain how much I agree with this!
Is anyone else at a college that wants to take pictures of you and put them in newspapers?

I already know how deeply cool I am going to look in these pictures.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by RupertTheBear
Is anyone else at a college that wants to take pictures of you and put it in newspapers?

Hah! :biggrin:
I know that if I get 3 As this summer, my school will make a big writeup about me going to Oxford, and there'll probably be a picture of me with two students who I expect will be getting their grades for Cambridge (.. scum. :grin:), with some sort of corny caption.
Is anyone else at a college that wants to take pictures of you and put it in newspapers?

Fortunately not, but my form tutor did mention an assembly... thankfully she seems to have forgotten that gem of an idea. I have had teachers who I barely know come up and say congratulations though, apparantly they were all talking about it in the staffroom.

Me too :biggrin: And I will be looking equally cool :colondollar:
I can't smile, so I'm going to look painful. It's a sixth form propaganda piece anyway...
Has non-native speakers gotten IELTS(or equivalent) as a part of their UCAS conditions?

I wonder as I haven't, and if that means I won't have to do it, that's 200 GBP saved. And really, as a law student, I have already had to go through the LNAT and the interviews, as well as an essay during the interview. Getting an offer after that should be proof enough of proficiency in English. :wink:
Original post by Sebsan
Has non-native speakers gotten IELTS(or equivalent) as a part of their UCAS conditions?

I wonder as I haven't, and if that means I won't have to do it, that's 200 GBP saved. And really, as a law student, I have already had to go through the LNAT and the interviews, as well as an essay during the interview. Getting an offer after that should be proof enough of proficiency in English. :wink:

It's £200!?!? I have a friend doing it (I think he actually did it a couple of weeks ago), but I had no idea it was so expensive
Original post by LtCommanderData
It's £200!?!? I have a friend doing it (I think he actually did it a couple of weeks ago), but I had no idea it was so expensive

It depends on where you take it. For instance, it is 115 in London.
Original post by Sebsan
It depends on where you take it. For instance, it is 115 in London.

Ah. Still quite expensive :/

Glad it looks like you won't have to take it! :smile:
Reply 835
Original post by riotgrrl
Fortunately not, but my form tutor did mention an assembly... thankfully she seems to have forgotten that gem of an idea. I have had teachers who I barely know come up and say congratulations though, apparantly they were all talking about it in the staffroom.

This happened to me!

It was very embarrassing, especially when other people are getting into unis that are just as good or have got in for hard courses (like medicine) and get no recognition.

Plus there always the added embarrassment that everyone knows of your failure if you don't get the grades XD
Original post by riotgrrl

Oh god....exactly the same thing here. Horribly embarrassing really. Everytime one of those conversations crop up, the first thing I say is CONDITIONAL. It's not like most of us (excluding you lovely unconditional fellows) are even in yet.
Original post by Sebsan

They didn't ask me to do it either. Actually, they didn't really ask for anything except my school record up 'til now :P
Original post by brendan.
Hah! :biggrin:
I know that if I get 3 As this summer, my school will make a big writeup about me going to Oxford, and there'll probably be a picture of me with two students who I expect will be getting their grades for Cambridge (.. scum. :grin:), with some sort of corny caption.

I know the sort: "It's Ox-tastic!" or "Oxbridging the Gap!" :biggrin:
Original post by mcgovernjon
I know the sort: "It's Ox-tastic!" or "Oxbridging the Gap!" :biggrin:

Ha, yeah! Something exactly like that. I'm actually looking forward to see what they can come up with. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending