The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Have they given out any offers yet? If not, anyone know when they will be doing so?
Reply 941
Original post by HMJ
Have they given out any offers yet? If not, anyone know when they will be doing so?

the interviewers told me that mid march would be the earliest date possible... could take longer though...
Original post by teafil
the interviewers told me that mid march would be the earliest date possible... could take longer though...

Yeah, they told me we wouldn't hear until March. Not long now! Seems like bloody ages since we submitted the UCAS forms.
Reply 943
Original post by Happy Insomniac
Yeah, they told me we wouldn't hear until March. Not long now! Seems like bloody ages since we submitted the UCAS forms.

It sucks but i've made it this far since december, half way thru :smile:

Just hope they give us an offer cos they're my only hope!
Original post by dmz
It sucks but i've made it this far since december, half way thru :smile:

Just hope they give us an offer cos they're my only hope!

I'm sure you'll be fine. The ratio is quite good after interview, and you seem to know your stuff based on forum posts. Us TSRers will have to have a good night out in Glasgow at the open day if we get in. Sweetchilli can show us around!
Reply 945
I'm sure you'll be fine. The ratio is quite good after interview, and you seem to know your stuff based on forum posts. Us TSRers will have to have a good night out in Glasgow at the open day if we get in. Sweetchilli can show us around!

:yep: Thanks man :smile:

I promised Lekky a meal for the interview tips and pretty much everything else

EDIT: she should be great for showing us round as well
Original post by dmz
:yep: Thanks man :smile:

I promised Lekky a meal for the interview tips and pretty much everything else

EDIT: she should be great for showing us round as well

Woman. :tongue:

And, yes, Lekky too! Odds are I won't get an offer, and therefore the opportunity. But y'never know!
Reply 947
Woman. :tongue:

And, yes, Lekky too! Odds are I won't get an offer, and therefore the opportunity. But y'never know!

If you don't get an offer, very few people will, I've been stalking ur posts also :tongue:
Original post by dmz
If you don't get an offer, very few people will, I've been stalking ur posts also :tongue:

Haha, thanks. We will see. I'm not miserably certain that I'm getting rejections, but I'm nowhere near sure I'll get offers either. Could go either way.

I suppose that's probably healthy, haha.
Reply 949
Haha, thanks. We will see. I'm not miserably certain that I'm getting rejections, but I'm nowhere near sure I'll get offers either. Could go either way.

I suppose that's probably healthy, haha.

Are you a re-applicant or you're in college?
If you manage to get as many posts as me within 3 weeks, well....:erm: something's probably wrong
Original post by dmz
Are you a re-applicant or you're in college?
If you manage to get as many posts as me within 3 weeks, well....:erm: something's probably wrong

I'm a grad, and a masters student at the moment.
If the graduates talked as much as you reapplicants, I could match you easily. We all tend to have sex lives though, so not as much sexual-frustration banter. :tongue: :biggrin:
Reply 951
I'm a grad, and a masters student at the moment.
If the graduates talked as much as you reapplicants, I could match you easily. We all tend to have sex lives though, so not as much sexual-frustration banter. :tongue: :biggrin:

Oh, yet i'm the unhealthy stalker :colonhash:

I broke up with my girlfriend about a month ago :frown:, I'm always like that to be honest, :redface:

So how old are you then? and what is your masters in?
Original post by dmz
Oh, yet i'm the unhealthy stalker :colonhash:

I broke up with my girlfriend about a month ago :frown:, I'm always like that to be honest, :redface:

So how old are you then? and what is your masters in?

I get bored, and that thread is always active, haha.

That sucks, why'd you break up?

I am 24, and my masters is in medical/biotech law and ethics.
Reply 953
I get bored, and that thread is always active, haha.

That sucks, why'd you break up?

I am 24, and my masters is in medical/biotech law and ethics.

Sure, you just wanna hear the sex talk don't you? :sexface: lol

Long distance thing was too hard, was complicated to start with, but it happens you know, problem is i'm no longer getting laid :teehee:

I'm tryna decide whether you're appropriate to hit on :tongue:. Glasgow don't do post grad's do they?
Reply 954
Original post by Med16793
I went to my local clinic today to ask about vaccinations and was told that i would have to pay £45 per jab (of which there are 3) for the long term hep B vaccination. I've heard before that medical students don't have to pay, any ideas on whether a propective med student need to pay?

Pretty sure the uni will give you Hep B jabs when you get in :smile:, most clinics will give you it for free once you've got the offer letter too.
Original post by dmz
Sure, you just wanna hear the sex talk don't you? :sexface: lol

Long distance thing was too hard, was complicated to start with, but it happens you know, problem is i'm no longer getting laid :teehee:

I'm tryna decide whether you're appropriate to hit on :tongue:. Glasgow don't do post grad's do they?

Sex talk I can do without. I have enough distractions from my workload already, haha.

Long distance sucks. I tried it with an ex during my undergrad, and it just got too stressful.

Haha, I think I'm possibly a little old for you. :tongue: Though I don't feel that old, being 24 doesn't feel much different to being 19. I applied to two GEM (Warwick and leicester) and two 5-year (Glasgow and Newcastle).
Reply 956
Sex talk I can do without. I have enough distractions from my workload already, haha.

Long distance sucks. I tried it with an ex during my undergrad, and it just got too stressful.

Haha, I think I'm possibly a little old for you. :tongue: Though I don't feel that old, being 24 doesn't feel much different to being 19. I applied to two GEM (Warwick and leicester) and two 5-year (Glasgow and Newcastle).

You'll probably prefer the GEMs then?

I had a 2 year relationship that was long distance but it's so freaking tiring, i'm officially of relationships for a while!

Haha so you prefer workload over that? It kinda helps to deal with the workload :sexface...i've been told :tongue:

Whether you're too old or not depends on what you look like, lol
Original post by dmz
You'll probably prefer the GEMs then?

I had a 2 year relationship that was long distance but it's so freaking tiring, i'm officially of relationships for a while!

Haha so you prefer workload over that? It kinda helps to deal with the workload :sexface...i've been told :tongue:

Whether you're too old or not depends on what you look like, lol

Ideally, but they're a lot more competitive. I have a better shot against you fresh-faced youngsters thanks to my wealth of education and experience. :tongue:

I don't mind a distraction when the workload is manageable, but it's ridiculous at the mo. 4 essays and 2 research proposals due monday.

Hah. I look younger than I am. That's all you're getting. :tongue:
Reply 958
Ideally, but they're a lot more competitive. I have a better shot against you fresh-faced youngsters thanks to my wealth of education and experience. :tongue:

I don't mind a distraction when the workload is manageable, but it's ridiculous at the mo. 4 essays and 2 research proposals due monday.

Hah. I look younger than I am. That's all you're getting. :tongue:

Aw you just like look at our fresh faces, don't ask :getmecoat: well if you were to get in Glasgow it'd be great cos you'd be one more person i know (assuming i did)

Wow! I hope there's not too many essays on the A100, not really my strongest point. All my friends in uni complain about the workload except for the ones doing medicines. How much of it have you managed?

Well you've just kinda begged for me to hit on you, lol - unless you have a bf?
Original post by dmz
Aw you just like look at our fresh faces, don't ask :getmecoat: well if you were to get in Glasgow it'd be great cos you'd be one more person i know (assuming i did)

Wow! I hope there's not too many essays on the A100, not really my strongest point. All my friends in uni complain about the workload except for the ones doing medicines. How much of it have you managed?

Well you've just kinda begged for me to hit on you, lol - unless you have a bf?

Yeah, it's nice talking to people on TSR a bit, at least we'll all have a few points of contact if we do get offers places, rather than everything being completely unfamiliar.

One essay is done. I'm finishing the longest one tonight, but getting a bit tired so might have a nap then get on with it. The other two are planned and researched, just need to bash out the bulk of them. Research props can wait til sun, they shouldn't take long. I procrastinate way too much, had loads of time to do all this, shouldn't have left it this late.

Haha, I live with my boyfriend. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending