The Student Room Group

Drama School/University Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
I got into central!!!!!!!!!! Acting cdt
Reply 361
Congrats Zayne!!! That's amazing after reading your blog etc... :smile:
Hey guys, anyone here got a recall at Rose Bruford towards the end of March? Would love to chat to a few people before I go!
Original post by Steph_M

Original post by Steph_M
heeey. If anyone lives around the manchester area theres a workshop i've heard about for people who have applied for drama schools etc. Its like a mock audition type thing i think, which is cool. I'm pretty nervous for mine so i think it could help me. Anyway, just thought some of you might be interested. xxx http://www.happystormtheatre.co.uk/#/audition-workshop-flyer/4548050124

Yeah I saw some posters about that in my college, it will be really helpful to get some feedback from professionals. Think i'm going to call up this afternnon to make sure I get a place.
Original post by Rozington
Hey :smile:

Need help :s-smilie:

I've been offered two places at ALRA and Mountview for BA acting but i have no clue which has the better reputation and where i could consider looking at and going to?

Any thoughts????

:confused:

lol thankyou :smile:

You are a lucky lucky person.
Both have great reputations, but I would go with Mountview!
But either way, God, I wish I was you right now.
Original post by lizzybobzehorse
Great, it's the most relaxed thing I've ever done! You have a half hour seminar with five or so other people where you discuss a play extract with the other people and your seminar leader (the plays were different depending on the leader) which is the only bit you're assessed on, then you have an hour's Q&A with some students and then the teachers for the last bit which is really interesting, and it's definitely worth speaking up if there's something on your mind. Then the workshop at the end is basically just playing games. Great fun. I won't hear back for a few weeks though.

looks like you did hear back, well done!!! so was the text hard? im worried i wont know what to say! xxx
Reply 366
Original post by lauraferry
You are a lucky lucky person.
Both have great reputations, but I would go with Mountview!
But either way, God, I wish I was you right now.

Thankyou :smile:

I'am only young so it was quite a big shock. At the moment i think iam leaning more towards Mountview but still have to research a little bit more thankie :smile:
Original post by allaboutdrama
looks like you did hear back, well done!!! so was the text hard? im worried i wont know what to say! xxx

Thanks! It really wasn't hard at all, and it's very easy to take an idea that someone else has and run with it. My only advice is to make yourself noticed - offer to read the introductory bit if you don't really fancy reading the script (what I did!) or read the script, listen attentively to what others say and then you can comment on it, even if you're just saying "I agree, we said something similar in that..." and off you trot. Just relax and bring out any ideas you have - they're all valid :smile:
Reply 368
Original post by Virna
Congrats Zayne!!! That's amazing after reading your blog etc... :smile:

Dreams really can come true, but unfortunately not for a very long time... sometimes.

http://zayneschool.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-got-into-central-but-i-refuse-to.html

new blog.
Original post by peapod86
'morgan! I live in Wiesbaden, wo kommst du her? I have an interview for Costume at central on March 10th... I am struggling with portfolio aswel. :wink:

naa :wink:
ich komme aus hamburg..ja blödes portfolio viel zu viel arbeit :wink:
Original post by FluffyLion
Surrey rejected me today. :/

I'm sorry to hear that :/
I have yet to hear anything from them though I'm expecting to soon because other people seem to be.
Original post by yvaiine
Bit of an essay coming up...

Hi, I applied for the Performing Arts course at Canterbury Christchurch at Folkestone last year.
Not sure which course you're going for but I got my audition within a week of applying. The actual audition was really laid back, did my song and a speech, watched everyone else's (it was during that major snow sesh in January last year so a lot of people didn't show up) and then had our interviews where they asked about past experience, what you want to do after uni and why you want to go there.
They told me at the end of my interview that I was exactly what they wanted and offered me a place on the spot! Didn't end up going as I got into UCLan to do Music Theatre, but it's a lovely place and the people seem really nice :smile:

Good luck! :smile: xx

Thank you so much! I've heard back from them now and I have an audition on the 9th, but your essay has reassured me somewhat. I'll be doing a monologue and a song too :smile:
Original post by KatKatMeow1
I'm sorry to hear that :/
I have yet to hear anything from them though I'm expecting to soon because other people seem to be.

I wasn't, to be honest. Although it was a little annoying to be rejected, I didn't want to go there, and I know why I was rejected (grades slightly lower than required). I've had/got interviews at the two places I want, so it's all good!

If you feel it's taking a bit too long, email an admissions tutor, and just ask when they're expected to have finished their decisions :smile:
Original post by FluffyLion
I wasn't, to be honest. Although it was a little annoying to be rejected, I didn't want to go there, and I know why I was rejected (grades slightly lower than required). I've had/got interviews at the two places I want, so it's all good!

If you feel it's taking a bit too long, email an admissions tutor, and just ask when they're expected to have finished their decisions :smile:

Thank you :smile: I will probably do that later. I have grades slightly under too, so I'm not expecting to get in. I've got an audition for Folkestone on wednesday which I'm excited about! Glad to hear that you had/got interviews for your main choices, good luck!
Reply 374
Original post by Lauracrocker
Just got my letter through inviting me to a third round at RADA. Can't stop thinking about it! anybody had a third round yet? what happens? anyone get RADA places yet?

Hi Laura

Well done to get so far -quick question for you ...did you notice any mature students 30yrs old and upwards on any of your auditions at rada
Reply 375
Does anyone know much about the LAMDA 2 week audition technique course? I received a no thanks letter after my audition but they've offered me a place on this course. It's quite expensive and I'm not sure if it's to fill numbers or if it's to help me out. It could be good fun as it's taught by LAMDA faculty.
Original post by buzzo
Hi Laura

Well done to get so far -quick question for you ...did you notice any mature students 30yrs old and upwards on any of your auditions at rada

Hi, thanks still waiting for the outcome of the third round. The waiting is the worst part! To be honest there were mainly 18-21 year olds but I'm 25 and there were a hand full of others my age and older. I don't think being older would be a problem at all.
Reply 377
hi thanks for reply

there is a problem - and the drama school ( cant name) know I found out -
taking this in stages as i have my first audition very soon - so cant say much
on here for now.
Reply 378
Original post by Learn Me Good

Original post by Learn Me Good
Hey guys, anyone here got a recall at Rose Bruford towards the end of March? Would love to chat to a few people before I go!

Hiya, I have a recall for the end of march too!! nervous though, dreading the singing bit.
Hey, I have my initial round at Rose Bruford coming up. Just wondered what the format of the audition was?
Also, anyone at the Bristol old vic recall 30th March??

:smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending