The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Just been rejected by Glasgow.

A bit gutted. It was my only realistic option.
Reply 961
Original post by Happy Insomniac
Yeah, it's nice talking to people on TSR a bit, at least we'll all have a few points of contact if we do get offers places, rather than everything being completely unfamiliar.

One essay is done. I'm finishing the longest one tonight, but getting a bit tired so might have a nap then get on with it. The other two are planned and researched, just need to bash out the bulk of them. Research props can wait til sun, they shouldn't take long. I procrastinate way too much, had loads of time to do all this, shouldn't have left it this late.

Haha, I live with my boyfriend. :tongue:

I literally don't know anyone in Glasgow so it could be really horrible if i don't make friends there and it's 4 hours away from Manchester so running home is not an option

We already have something in common :tongue:, one of the reasons i ended up being a re-applicant

Well that kinds of ruins things, couldn't have lied to me?
Just going to pretend i didn't see it, lol
So do you think it's a bad idea to have a gf going into uni?
Reply 962
Original post by Harbour Seal

:console: sorry to hear that. Was it pre-interview?
Original post by dmz
:console: sorry to hear that. Was it pre-interview?

Yeah, unfortunately. Trying to understand why... I've been predicted AAAAA at higher and have a 680 UKCAT.

Have already cried a little bit tbh.
Reply 964
Yeah, unfortunately. Trying to understand why... I've been predicted AAAAA at higher and have a 680 UKCAT.

Have already cried a little bit tbh.

could it be down to PS? try e-mailing them because someone on a different thread was rejected mistakenly by Soton
Original post by dmz
could it be down to PS? try e-mailing them because someone on a different thread was rejected mistakenly by Soton

Can I PM you my PS? I thought it was pretty good, but it might not be.

Seriously? ****ing hell, they must've been delighted though. Still, not getting my hopes up that they've made a mistake about me.
Reply 966

Seriously? ****ing hell, they must've been delighted though. Still, not getting my hopes up that they've made a mistake about me.

Wanted to suggest that :smile:

He already had an interview elsewhere and it wasn't his first choice but it definitely helps having another option, they misentered his UKCAT or something. yer, i don't want to get ur hopes up in case their mistake of declining you was intentional
Original post by dmz
Wanted to suggest that :smile:

He already had an interview elsewhere and it wasn't his first choice but it definitely helps having another option, they misentered his UKCAT or something. yer, i don't want to get ur hopes up in case their mistake of declining you was intentional

I'll still be phoning up tomorrow to ask why. I'm PMd you btw.

Feeling a little better about it all. My friend just posted on FB saying a friend had to apply three times before she got in. I guess I just need to show some dedication.
Reply 968
I'll still be phoning up tomorrow to ask why. I'm PMd you btw.

Feeling a little better about it all. My friend just posted on FB saying a friend had to apply three times before she got in. I guess I just need to show some dedication.

It's my 2nd time :tongue:

If you're motivated enough just get it through and basically tell them why you deserve it and you'll be fine :biggrin: I ADMIRE YOU!

I've replied

EDIT: i can send mine too if u want

Oh and i loved the end of it, don't think i said that in my reply
Original post by dmz
It's my 2nd time :tongue:

If you're motivated enough just get it through and basically tell them why you deserve it and you'll be fine :biggrin: I ADMIRE YOU!

I've replied

EDIT: i can send mine too if u want

Oh and i loved the end of it, don't think i said that in my reply

That'd be good, yeah :smile:

My college were beyond useless helping me with mine...
Reply 970

Tbh my teacher helped me a great amount with my first one and she was an english teacher who was experienced so i only had to change it a bit
Reply 971

Sent
Reply 972

could you PM me your PS as well? i'm really dying to see a british PS... if you don't mind:redface: we can exchange :biggrin:
Reply 973
Original post by teafil
could you PM me your PS as well? i'm really dying to see a british PS... if you don't mind:redface: we can exchange :biggrin:

I'm british too, lol. Well sort of :tongue:
Original post by dmz
I'm british too, lol. Well sort of :tongue:

Do you ever sleep?!

Sent a quick e-mail to Coleen, and will probably call the now as well.

They must really hate this time of year :biggrin:

That sucks. :hugs:

Original post by dmz
I literally don't know anyone in Glasgow so it could be really horrible if i don't make friends there and it's 4 hours away from Manchester so running home is not an option

We already have something in common :tongue:, one of the reasons i ended up being a re-applicant

Well that kinds of ruins things, couldn't have lied to me?
Just going to pretend i didn't see it, lol
So do you think it's a bad idea to have a gf going into uni?

I know a couple of people from my undergrad who went up there for grad school, but haven't seen them since 2008. I suppose any familiar face is a good thing, though!

It's a terrible habit, but one I can't seem to break.

Hah. I don't really know, to be honest. With med school, it's probably better to be single (especially if the relationship would be long distance), cause it's going to eat a lot of your time. Then again, you could say that it's a stressful course and having support is a good thing. I don't know. Different things work for different people. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 976
Do you ever sleep?!

Sent a quick e-mail to Coleen, and will probably call the now as well.

They must really hate this time of year :biggrin:

sometimes, lol. I only slLol in go few houre in one go. usually 4 at max. Exams and gago year did this to me, so I'm basically a Tsr addicted insomniac rather than a happy one. Lol

I can imagine. Lol

did you get my PS?
Reply 977
Original post by teafil

if you just google search there are some online. They will vary hugely depending on each individuals academic and personal experiences.
Original post by dmz
sometimes, lol. I only slLol in go few houre in one go. usually 4 at max. Exams and gago year did this to me, so I'm basically a Tsr addicted insomniac rather than a happy one. Lol

I can imagine. Lol

did you get my PS?

Yeah, it's really good. I was a little tired and emotional last night to look over the statement in full (I ended up speaking to the boyfriend for most of the night) but I'll look over and let you know...

How have you done interview wise?
Reply 979
Original post by Happy Insomniac
That sucks. :hugs:

I know a couple of people from my undergrad who went up there for grad school, but haven't seen them since 2008. I suppose any familiar face is a good thing, though!

It's a terrible habit, but one I can't seem to break.

Hah. I don't really know, to be honest. With med school, it's probably better to be single (especially if the relationship would be long distance), cause it's going to eat a lot of your time. Then again, you could say that it's a stressful course and having support is a good thing. I don't know. Different things work for different people. :smile:

thanks. Just the excuse i needed to sleep around. :teehee: don't think any relationship is worth an attempt till I'm about 22 but being me I'll give it a few months :frown:

a girlfriend you can see probably takes more time tho right? Probably is best to be single and you always have friends for support. Medicine seems cut out for a lonely life (through your youth anyway)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending