Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3600
Original post by Gg08
No :frown:
I've applied for French and Spanish and am still waiting to hear anything. The waiting is getting worse by the day- especially as Durham is my first choice!!

Mine's literally been received by a college this morning, applied for German at Cuth's, Good luck with yours! The wait has been horrible though, sent mine off October 7th
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 3601
I have received an unconditional offer for which the ucas track application has updated. Though on the the AES it doesn't state which college I have been allocated to. I thought we hear from the college before the track updates? Also, will the college ask me to fulfil my unconditional requirements (i.e. send in certificates) or has this already been done on the ucas decision letter I received which stated that I should send in 'verification of qualifications' (does this mean GCSE's as well)?? thanks
Those that are going to the post offer open day . . . how did you receive details about it?

Did they write to you as I cant find details of it on the website or on AES?

Cheers!
Original post by Wailinza
Those that are going to the post offer open day . . . how did you receive details about it?

Cheers!

My college sent me a letter about it :smile:
Reply 3604

Cheers!

They wrote, I got the letter about a week after my AES updated under the "personal links" section IIRC. Which college are you going for?
Reply 3605

Cheers!

I (and most other people I think) got sent details with the letter from the college I was put in :smile: Once a college has taken you, they'll send you a letter with a form in and you can book. If you've already had that but no form, you might want to email the college..
Original post by eve_m
I (and most other people I think) got sent details with the letter from the college I was put in :smile: Once a college has taken you, they'll send you a letter with a form in and you can book. If you've already had that but no form, you might want to email the college..

Original post by riever86
They wrote, I got the letter about a week after my AES updated under the "personal links" section IIRC. Which college are you going for?

Original post by steffanie
My college sent me a letter about it :smile:

Thanks all!

I got track updated yesterday and it read :
'Thank you for your application to study at Durham University. Congratulations
on receiving an offer! One of our colleges will contact you shortly to confirm details of your
allocated college'

I applied to Stephensons but AES still says its in dept and no decision made yet but I'm kinda glad I got it via track then AES as its official then.

Guess, I'll have to wait for the letter . . .

Thanks guys
Original post by Schnecke
Got an offer today (for G103). Have they emailed you about your UMS scores yet?

Yeah, I sent my application off on 14th Oct and then rang to see if i could change the state of my application (from open to st Chads) on the 16th Dec and with it i included my UMS scores as the woman on the phone requested this to save any complications later.

Congratulations on the offer! :smile:
How did you do on your AS?
Hurry up Durham, tell me if I am in or not :rant:
Reply 3609
Original post by phoeberg
Your application has been received by a College
YES (:
says to check ucas but there's nothing there yet?
How does it work now?

It will update soon though it can take a while. I think I've been waiting for more than two weeks now, we'll have to be patient. Some people see on AES first, others on UCAS that they're finally accepted (so AES doesn't always update). It is only official and really trustworthy when it's on UCAS though.
Original post by Basmati
me me me
its my favourite :frown:
havent got my hopes up though

Ah! When did you send your app off ? Mine was received on the 4th Nov by them and still nothing ! Offers from all others (York,Sussex,Sheffield,Southampton) but not them.
As you said : not getting my hopes up.
Original post by angelmxxx
No it's only university level, but I'm not sure what the standard is (ie if it's lower than, say, university hockey because there aren't college teams).

If you go on the team Durham website you'll be able to find someone to email :smile:

great, thanks :smile: I'd love to pick it up again but I haven't trained for several years so I don't think I'm up to what I think the university level would be - I'll send an email to someone.
Reply 3612
Original post by Sappho
It will update soon though it can take a while. I think I've been waiting for more than two weeks now, we'll have to be patient. Some people see on AES first, others on UCAS that they're finally accepted (so AES doesn't always update). It is only official and really trustworthy when it's on UCAS though.

Thanks, I guess after waiting this long I should be able to about manage it. I don't feel I can celebrate yet, as there is I guess a v small chance I won't get an offer now- what have you applied for?
Original post by Sam Parry
Yeah, I sent my application off on 14th Oct and then rang to see if i could change the state of my application (from open to st Chads) on the 16th Dec and with it i included my UMS scores as the woman on the phone requested this to save any complications later.

Congratulations on the offer! :smile:
How did you do on your AS?

Oh right, they only emailed me for mine last week.
Thanks, I have an A* in Maths A level, and got AAB in my other ASs. You?
Original post by louise09

Original post by louise09
I AM!!! It's driving me insane!! It only got sent at the beginning of Jan but I already have my A-levels so was hoping they'd be speedier! :frown:

I just got mine today :smile: After a long time... I initially applied for combined honours in arts and they told me the standard of applicants was extraordinary, but they still wanted to offer me a place, so to transfer my application to Social Sciences.
Reply 3615
just got an unconditional offer to Durham for politics! *goes mental* :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: so happy! I'm gonna celebrate by having a **** off massive pizza! :biggrin:
Original post by rmerz1
just got an unconditional offer to Durham for politics! *goes mental* :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: so happy! I'm gonna celebrate by having a **** off massive pizza! :biggrin:

Erm...do with what with a pizza?
Reply 3617
Original post by rmerz1

Nice one, which college?
Reply 3618
Original post by Zottula

Original post by Zottula
Erm...do with what with a pizza?

i only intend to eat it...this time...
Reply 3619
Original post by D.R.E

Original post by D.R.E
Nice one, which college?

dont know, haven't been told in the update. It still says open application on UCAS and AES hasn't changed, so I've yet to find out. Probably just wait until I get the letter in the post, unless there is a way of finding out beforehand?

Latest

Trending

Trending