The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rmerz1
i only intend to eat it...this time...

Aaah ok. Anyways, well done on your offer. Which college was it for?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 3621
Original post by Zottula

Original post by Zottula
Aaah ok. Anyways, well done on your offer. Which college was it for?

thanks :smile: I dont know yet, it didn't tell me on my UCAS track (did open application) so I guess I'll find out in the next couple of days. AES hasn't updated either
Reply 3622
Original post by rmerz1
dont know, haven't been told in the update. It still says open application on UCAS and AES hasn't changed, so I've yet to find out. Probably just wait until I get the letter in the post, unless there is a way of finding out beforehand?

I got an email from Hatfield a couple of days after the offer, so hopefully you hear soon!

Once again, congrats on the offer. :five:
Original post by rmerz1
thanks :smile: I dont know yet, it didn't tell me on my UCAS track (did open application) so I guess I'll find out in the next couple of days. AES hasn't updated either

Ah well at least you know you have got an offer. I suppose waiting to find out which college is just another thing to look forward to.

I just want an offer ...
Reply 3624
Original post by Zottula

Original post by Zottula
Ah well at least you know you have got an offer. I suppose waiting to find out which college is just another thing to look forward to.

I just want an offer ...

what are u applying for?
Original post by rmerz1
what are u applying for?

Geology.

Admittedly I've already got offers from Imperial and Leicester so I won't be too upset if I don't get in. But I would like an offer really so that I have more options to look at and it would make me feel good :smile:
Reply 3626
Original post by louise09
I AM!!! It's driving me insane!! It only got sent at the beginning of Jan but I already have my A-levels so was hoping they'd be speedier! :frown:

My ucas has been sent off for almost 4 months and I'm still waiting to hear from this course :/ Have they given out any offers yet?!
Original post by rmerz1

Original post by rmerz1
dont know, haven't been told in the update. It still says open application on UCAS and AES hasn't changed, so I've yet to find out. Probably just wait until I get the letter in the post, unless there is a way of finding out beforehand?

Look under "useful links" on AES. The name of a college will appear there when it's allocated. The letter comes a couple of days later.
I've just got an offer. Is economics at Durham good? I put No preference in the campus option
Original post by zanahoria
I've just got an offer. Is economics at Durham good? I put No preference in the campus option

Congratulations :biggrin:
Original post by D.R.E
I got an email from Hatfield a couple of days after the offer, so hopefully you hear soon!

Once again, congrats on the offer. :five:

Fellow Hatfielder :smile: what course?
Reply 3631
Original post by webber8345
Fellow Hatfielder :smile: what course?

Law :smile:. (Might change though!)

What about you?
Reply 3632
Original post by phoeberg
Mine's literally been received by a college this morning, applied for German at Cuth's, Good luck with yours! The wait has been horrible though, sent mine off October 7th

Ahhh, mine got sent to a college this afternoon :smile: May still have to wait a while for a final decision though.. Good luck with your application too! I've applied to St. Mary's
Reply 3633
Original post by Mfreeman.
Ah! When did you send your app off ? Mine was received on the 4th Nov by them and still nothing ! Offers from all others (York,Sussex,Sheffield,Southampton) but not them.
As you said : not getting my hopes up.

they got mine Nov 25th...
But I have heard from everywhere else too, waiting is painful
I sent my application for bioche&molecular biology on Jan 14th.. Got my offer today..
I guess by the looks of it, I got lucky!! =)
Good luck to everyone too! OH and does anybody know what Collingwood is like? Because I've applied to that college but I don't know anything about Collingwood... :s-smilie:
Reply 3635
Original post by KayteeKaytee

Original post by KayteeKaytee
Look under "useful links" on AES. The name of a college will appear there when it's allocated. The letter comes a couple of days later.

still hasn't changed :/ maybe I should wait a bit, probably wont update on the weekend
Reply 3636
Original post by Forzamilan

Original post by Forzamilan
I sent my application for bioche&molecular biology on Jan 14th.. Got my offer today..
I guess by the looks of it, I got lucky!! =)
Good luck to everyone too! OH and does anybody know what Collingwood is like? Because I've applied to that college but I don't know anything about Collingwood... :s-smilie:

I went to visit Collingwood last term coz i know a few people up there, and its a great college! Had a really nice atmosphere, and was really laid back. Not as a formal as the bailey colleges. Its also quite a sporty college, and has a great bar. Had a great night out in Europe's worst club (I joke not) with some of the people who were there, and they were really friendly. Only thing I would say is that its on the hill, so coming back from the centre of Durham is usually quite a hike, but your gonna get that with any hill college. Don't let that put you off, its a fantastic college :smile:
Original post by D.R.E
Law :smile:. (Might change though!)

What about you?

Anthropology :smile:

Why might law change?
Reply 3638
Original post by webber8345
Anthropology :smile:

Why might law change?

Nice, might go to Economics Foundation instead! More interested in that :smile:
Original post by rmerz1
I went to visit Collingwood last term coz i know a few people up there, and its a great college! Had a really nice atmosphere, and was really laid back. Not as a formal as the bailey colleges. Its also quite a sporty college, and has a great bar. Had a great night out in Europe's worst club (I joke not) with some of the people who were there, and they were really friendly. Only thing I would say is that its on the hill, so coming back from the centre of Durham is usually quite a hike, but your gonna get that with any hill college. Don't let that put you off, its a fantastic college :smile:

Hi, i'm probably wrong, but I didn't think Durham updated UCAS until a college was confirmed.

Are you sure UCAS isn't showing a one digit college code against your offer details? Mine did but I missed it at first.

Congratulations on your offer, maybe see you there :wink:

Latest