The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey you guys im back what you think about the play book coming out soon :tongue:
Original post by blueray
Hey you guys im back what you think about the play book coming out soon :tongue:

It's not got Honeycomb :hand:

Though it might be able to do Android apps in the future....
I have no issues with rock player apart from some mkvs being laggy. I normally play a variety of different formats, rmvb,mp4,avi,divx,mkv,mov.

Don't really like V player.

VLC have a video player in the works but have said that it will take months to complete....
Yeah been looking out for the VLC player, will check out the above suggestions later.
Original post by Yawn11
I've had a sudden realisation, the app I was using to receive was an orange app (its an phone) I guess I was using a free trial not realising?

Can anyone suggest app thats good for receiving mail (hotmail).

Link your hotmail account to your gmail account? this way you'll receive your hotmail emails to your gmail inbox.....
Reply 3646
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
Link your hotmail account to your gmail account? this way you'll receive your hotmail emails to your gmail inbox.....

I thought about that, but hmmmm...
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
I've got quite a few widgets but I still get really good battery life without OC/UV...7 hours is poor though unless its always under heavy use. I can get 36 hours easily out of it with moderate use...

The only kernel that allows OC/UV on my phone is a CWM 3.0 one so I'm not too eager to try it out tbh...:s-smilie:

Oh, yea i get heavy usage out of the phone; web browsing, the whole package.
I've somehow set it on my phone that pressing the phone down button exits the current app and then pressing it again locks the phone but I want to change it so I only press it once to lock it but can't find the setting. Anyone know where it is?
Reply 3649
24th of February for the release of Xoom :excited:

Still waiting for a price tag over here tho :K:
Original post by bigmo7

Original post by bigmo7
24th of February for the release of Xoom :excited:

Still waiting for a price tag over here tho :K:

It has looked very snappy from what I've seen.
I want to see glasses free 3D with my own eyes before I decide on anything at the moment.
Original post by mikeyd85

I want to see glasses free 3D with my own eyes before I decide on anything at the moment.

Same :biggrin:
Rumour has it that Nokia are going to WP7... That could be huge for both of them!

Rumour has it that Nokia are going to WP7... That could be huge for both of them!

I don't see that happening, it would be an ultimate 'we failed' with Symbian/Meego. WP7 is really not a lucrative avenue for most companies since it offers no way to differentiate between competitors. Essentially all the phones are the same something I think Nokia are afraid off.
Desire HD > HD2 > Desire > Hero

?

Original post by G8D
Disregarding screen size I'd say:
Desire HD > all
HD2 ~ Desire
Hero = ****e.

:laugh:

I was reading some threads on XDA devs a few days ago comparing the HD2 and Desire. I have the urge to get an HD2 again. :beard: Maybe it can be my birthday present :beard:

Original post by G8D
Based on http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=2957&idPhone2=3077 I'd say that the Desire is slightly better, seeing as it has slightly more RAM and was also meant to run Android :p:

I think I'll just go ahead and buy an HD2 from eBay. I had my heart set on spending £200 but they mostly exceed this. Might have to just spend that little bit extra :frown:

If you have plans on hacking and installing. A ROM on it you wont be dissapointed.

Original post by G8D
Based on http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=2957&idPhone2=3077 I'd say that the Desire is slightly better, seeing as it has slightly more RAM and was also meant to run Android :p:

I think I'll just go ahead and buy an HD2 from eBay. I had my heart set on spending £200 but they mostly exceed this. Might have to just spend that little bit extra :frown:

I don't think that much RAM is necessary :tongue:, so I think I will get an HD2 too :five:

Why not? :dontknow:

I've seen some go for less than £200, so I'm just gonna keep bidding :yes:
Reply 3659
Totally underestimated whatsapp, its actually pretty good.

Didn't realise so many of my friends, even some of my best friends use it.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending