The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3020
Original post by ZizAli
I am shocked and stunned. You fans simply don't understand football. The fact that everyone is blaming Diaby, Wenger and the officials but yet no one has pointed the finger at Fabregas is very worrying. It shows that today Arsenal fans have forgotten what it means to be a captain, and instead see it as a gift to the clubs best player. All Newcastles goals came in the last 30 minutes, Wengers influence was limited. At this point of the game it is down to the players and the leadership of the captain. The fact that not one person here has highlighted Cescs leadership proves that this forum is just one big troll. A complete disgrace.

What kind of aerial protection did Arsenal have with Diaby gone? it would have been very difficult for any person captaining a team with two tall players against one of the tallest teams in the league with crucial decisions being handed to them by the referee. However, Arsenal were giving away needless free kicks, making it easier for the referee.
Original post by word2yamother
I think ziz ali and mo matrix is the same person, they both seem to be agreeing on irrelevant points. We didn't lose the game(draw) because of fabregas we drew because our defence was ****. simples

What do you know about football?
Reply 3022
I think ziz ali and mo matrix is the same person, they both seem to be agreeing on irrelevant points. We didn't lose the game(draw) because of fabregas we drew because our defence was ****. simples

Fabregas has no leadership qualities not once do you see him rallying the troops he looks he has fragile aura about him which transfers on to the team.
Original post by rhinger
Let's be honest here, Nasri was still a key aspect of the team already by 2009. It doesn't matter whether he was brought in the summer transfer window or not, you still have the gametime if you're brought in the winter, and you will get the training required by the time of the big matches (Read Barca, next week).

I'd like to see the Jew spend, because Vermaelen, Nasri, Sagna, and Sczczesny have turned out to be brilliant.

We bought Sagna for £3million, and Szczesny was brought in when he was 16. Not exactly much money...
Man Utd have scored. Just to cheer you up even more after one point earned.

Not the first time ZizAli has been accused of that.

Note that I'm not taking sides here. Just stating a fact.
Original post by ZizAli
I am shocked and stunned. You fans simply don't understand football. The fact that everyone is blaming Diaby, Wenger and the officials but yet no one has pointed the finger at Fabregas is very worrying. It shows that today Arsenal fans have forgotten what it means to be a captain, and instead see it as a gift to the clubs best player. All Newcastles goals came in the last 30 minutes, Wengers influence was limited. At this point of the game it is down to the players and the leadership of the captain. The fact that not one person here has highlighted Cescs leadership proves that this forum is just one big troll. A complete disgrace.

Reply 3027
Original post by CB91
No, you like to think that because you're poor little Arsenal. The team that everyone is against apparently. :rofl2:

Typical straw man everyone resorts to against us. Did you even watch the match?
Original post by yunghamz
What kind of aerial protection did Arsenal have with Diaby gone? it would have been very difficult for any person captaining a team with two tall players against one of the tallest teams in the league with crucial decisions being handed to them by the referee. However, Arsenal were giving away needless free kicks, making it easier for the referee.

Well considering Diaby hasn't played much this season it's not like we aren't used to having a tall midfielder. To justify conceding 4 goals in 30 mins because we have no aerial protection is not realistic.
4 points from our 4 games with the promoted sides :facepalm2:

Original post by Colonel.
Man Utd have scored. Just to cheer you up even more after one point earned.

day of comebacks tbh.
(edited 13 years ago)
wenger :
It was a good game with a lot of incidents and turning points, [but] the sending off was detrimental to us and some of the decisions went against us today. We were under pressure and we had problems to finish in the second half. It's unpredictable sometimes, and it became difficult. At 4-1 we panicked a bit. But we were a little bit unlucky too. You have to take it on the chin and look at the positives. I didn't see the sending off very well. But Barton should have been sent off too. We dropped two points, for sure."
Reply 3031
Original post by ZizAli
You look at other clubs captains:
Gerrard, Vidic, Terry, Nolan, Shawcross, Cattermole, Davies, Tevez etc. Doesn't matter if their good or not, all of them are fighters and leaders. Then you see Cesc Fabregas and realise where it is all going wrong.

I don't think the lack of passion from Fabregas is a big problem, compared to the basic errors and lack of discipline the Arsenal players have shown time and time again this season.

Of course, ManU might lose later and you might count this day as a point gained rather than two lost... I know that's probably no consolation to you guys at the moment :hug:
Reply 3032
Original post by V1NY
Well lets be honest if your keeper didn't try and be a clever dick that wouldn't have happened.

If barton didn't foul Diaby, the red card wouldn't have happened. It's very easy to say this and rule out the fact. Diaby and Nolan should have got sent off, no if's or but's. One did, the other stayed to add to the attack.
Original post by A_master

Brilliant. I've run out of rep for today, I owe you one my good sir :biggrin:
Original post by antonfigo
Not the first time ZizAli has been accused of that.

Note that I'm not taking sides here. Just stating a fact.

When have I been accused of that. That is so ******* offensive. Anyone that knows anything knows that MoMatrix is genuine. The only other person was that guy who came in a month ago and said I tore a hole in this thread. I'm sorry if people support my views.
i'm still in shock after what just happened...i was actually supposed to go to the game but anyways saw the end of 1st half and i was like WOW...0-4 we are looking good here...switched back on 66mins still 0-4, tbh i was expecting a few more from arsenal but i was like mehhh doesn't matter...0-4 is good enough for me and switched it off to go eat dinner...came back right before the end and it was 4-4...i was like is this the right match, is there a mistake, is my eye-sight going...i mean seriously how can a team give away a 4 goal lead (and tbh team that does that can never be the champions), a top team at that and against a side without there best player...the title i've to say is uniteds now unless they f**k up more then arsenal did today which i doubt they ever will :|
i am already trembling at the thought of Barcelona...i mean how will this team defend against Messi, Villa, Pedro, Xavi, Iniesta, if they can't defend against Barton, Best and Gutierrez :s-smilie:
Reply 3036
I think a lot is made of the so called 'adaptation period'.A player can play in the Premier League if he has played in Germany or France for a few seasons.
Original post by M_E_X
I don't think the lack of passion from Fabregas is a big problem, compared to the basic errors and lack of discipline the Arsenal players have shown time and time again this season.

Of course, ManU might lose later and you might count this day as a point gained rather than two lost... I know that's probably no consolation to you guys at the moment :hug:

As much as it makes me vomit to say this , united and lose are not on the same page.
Thats the only difference between them and us.
Original post by rhinger
Exactly.

And seeing as Sakho's already had a huge amount of experience in Ligue 1, it's not like he's going to be a noob. Have you seen PSG's matches? He is a ****ing beast compared to Squillaci who in my eyes is nothing more than a weak kitten.

Squillaci played excellently for an attacking Sevilla side.

He's just made the transition to English football, well, there's no other word for it, appallingly.
Original post by M_E_X
What are you talking about "far too close to call"? RVP is clearly in front. The linesman got the decision absolutely right. You shouldn't have any complaints about it at all.

I didn't even watch the game so I don't know about the specific incidents you've mentioned. I can see why you'd be frustrated to only draw this game, though. Do you not blame Diaby, Kos and Squillaci more than anyone else, though?

it close due to where the lineman is, i have seen daylight between players it not been given off side

i don't support arsenal, being a west ham fan i should be laughing at them messing up, but due to the ref its a joke

Latest