The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Billa Bong
i'm still in shock after what just happened...i was actually supposed to go to the game but anyways saw the end of 1st half and i was like WOW...0-4 we are looking good here...switched back on 66mins still 0-4, tbh i was expecting a few more from arsenal but i was like mehhh doesn't matter...0-4 is good enough for me and switched it off to go eat dinner...came back right before the end and it was 4-4...i was like is this the right match, is there a mistake, is my eye-sight going...i mean seriously how can a team give away a 4 goal lead (and tbh team that does that can never be the champions), a top team at that and against a side without there best player...the title i've to say is uniteds now unless they f**k up more then arsenal did today which i doubt they ever will :|
i am already trembling at the thought of Barcelona...i mean how will this team defend against Messi, Villa, Pedro, Xavi, Iniesta, if they can't defend against Barton, Best and Gutierrez :s-smilie:

Don't worry for Barca. I'm expecting a loss and I'll still be watching it. We are not expected to go through anyway.
Original post by Colonel.
Why? :ahee:

Original post by rhinger
That **** better be.

I'm glad, he usually spins some crap when we lose/draw. No excuses this time :colonhash:
Good.
:facepalm2:

Just saw this on twitter, an arsenal fan has been rushed to hospital after he went into cardiac arrest following the result.

Can't people seriously just control their emotions if they have high blood pressure...?

it's a GAME ! :/
Wolves have equalised at least. :dontknow:
Let's see if United get another lucky, undeserved 3 points. If they're held, then maybe all isn't lost... but the referees need to start evening things up.

I cannot remember a game where we've had the lions share in decisions this season. Not good enough.
Reply 3045
Come on Wolves! Sorry, just had to say it.
Reply 3046
Original post by marcusmerehay
Squillaci played excellently for an attacking Sevilla side.

He's just made the transition to English football, well, there's no other word for it, appallingly.

Anyone who has seen Squillaci before knows that he is slow and weak for his size it was always going to be tough for him in the Premier League.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3047
Original post by ZizAli
Well considering Diaby hasn't played much this season it's not like we aren't used to having a tall midfielder. To justify conceding 4 goals in 30 mins because we have no aerial protection is not realistic.

Premier league don't work like that. Look back at Everton vs Utd, one sniff of a comeback, the team will go for it. I thought Diaby was great in the first half, even when Arsenal were up 4-0, i was not relaxed, the premier league is the home of comebacks. Blaming Fabregas or whatever does not rule out the disgusting display by the referees.
Reply 3048
Any reliable sources? Probably someone taking the piss...
Reply 3049
That's what I call passion.
Original post by antonfigo
Don't worry for Barca. I'm expecting a loss and I'll still be watching it. We are not expected to go through anyway.

yeah same here...i'll be happy if the scorelines atleast respectable
Original post by ZizAli
When have I been accused of that. That is so ******* offensive. Anyone that knows anything knows that MoMatrix is genuine. The only other person was that guy who came in a month ago and said I tore a hole in this thread. I'm sorry if people support my views.

Cant bother searching the thread.But I remember someone saying that another username was yours. I'm not saying that though. Sorry if I've offended you.
Some people care about football, you know.

Look how many people reacted when Michael Jackson died.
Reply 3053
Oh ****, just thought about the result again. FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Still, Carling Cup and all..
Original post by yunghamz
Premier league don't work like that. Look back at Everton vs Utd, one sniff of a comeback, the team will go for it. I thought Diaby was great in the first half, even when Arsenal were up 4-0, i was not relaxed, the premier league is the home of comebacks. Blaming Fabregas or whatever does not rule out the disgusting display by the referees.

I think Diaby is great in general. I am not saying today is Fabregas fault, not at all. I am just saying that the fact that fellow Arsenal fans will not even question the captains input is a worry. Since Wenger has used the armband as some type of contract that keeps the player at the club the fans have forgotten what a captain used to be. Fabregas is not a captain, that is all I am trying to say, and the sooner we recognise it the sooner we can secure our victories without worrying about dramatic comebacks.
Arsenal are all of a sudden known to be a team that can't secure a lead or shut off a game. Was it always like this? Did Veira allow this sort of thing to happen?
Reply 3055
I can't believe it. **** Diaby. **** Barton. I'm off to watch a movie and cool down.
Reply 3056
There is a lot of criticism levelled at Diaby.There are not many 6ft 3in players who are technically sound and can beat players like him.
I'll give my views on this match, once the idiots have left this thread. (this is also include some arsenal fans).

But in brief Wenger has got it wrong with this youth policy. It would work in Spain but unfortunately not in England, where players like Barton are worshipped. This is something Wenger has been a bit too arrogant to admit.
Original post by ZizAli
I think Diaby is great in general. I am not saying today is Fabregas fault, not at all. I am just saying that the fact that fellow Arsenal fans will not even question the captains input is a worry. Since Wenger has used the armband as some type of contract that keeps the player at the club the fans have forgotten what a captain used to be. Fabregas is not a captain, that is all I am trying to say, and the sooner we recognise it the sooner we can secure our victories without worrying about dramatic comebacks.
Arsenal are all of a sudden known to be a team that can't secure a lead or shut off a game. Was it always like this? Did Veira allow this sort of thing to happen?

I don't think any of us actually rate Fabregas as a captain.

I'd rather see RVP or Verm as captain. RVp is always injured though.
LOL

Latest