The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3080
Original post by vn2009
Theres a long way to go before the end of the season, anything can happen, look at the twists and turns towards the end of last season!

We can recover these lost points (plus man u still have to play chelsea twice :wink: )

Stoke away, Bolton away, Fulham away, WBA away, Spurs away to come. These matches actually matter more now. Chelsea could be 3 points behind with a win tomorrow :frown:
Reply 3081
Original post by Psychotic546
MOTD today should be predictable. Hansen and co. will no doubt ignore the tragic officials.

I don't think Fabregas can be blamed for being a "bad captain." He has and shows all the desire required of a captain, this should be enough to inspire the rest of the team.
Still in with a chance with the title, just have to not let this farce get into our heads and recover. We're still United's closest rival and hopefully Chelsea can do us a favour when they play them.

We still have a chance to win the title, but that isn't the problem, its just so frustrating for Arsenal fans to comprehend what happened today. Personally i would have prefered loosing 1-0 or 2-1 than winning by 4 goals in the first half and conceding 4 goals in the second and drawing, it just shows lack of quality.
Reply 3082
Original post by MoMatrix
You don't know football.

Sorry my life doesn't revolve around football. Still being down to 10-men with less than half the game remaining and up 4-0 in the scoreline is no excuse for drawing against a second-rate team like Newcastle (no offence to Newcastle supporters, but lets be honest, you're not Barcelona or Man united).
Reply 3083
Original post by badger-man
If Djourou's injury is serious then we are in deep s**t. I would rather we just play Vermaelen, regardless of his injury, than play Squillachi and Koscielny together again.

We already are in deep ****. Djourou isn't exactly great but he was much better than Squillaci. His injury did kind of look serious though.
WUM's are going in hard!

Should you not be watching utd 2-1 down?
Original post by natty_d
Calm down.

No one has won anything. People need to jam their hype. Including all the Arsenal fans chatting **** and crumbling just as badly as the team.

Today was an utter disgrace. After Wigan last season, I thought I hadn't seen anything like it. But this takes the biscuit.

Agreed we can still win, our only hard game is United (I think), but remember the teams form after Wigan last season? If that happens...
Reply 3086
Original post by mandingo666
WUM's are going in hard!

Minor, they will probably score 2 last minute goals to Mick's disgust, again.
United losing :smile:
Original post by mandingo666
WUM's are going in hard!

:eek:
Come on Wolves!
Wolves. :party:
Fabregas is a better captain than Gallas, OK?
Don't get complacent about the United score now, ffs. :colonhash:
Original post by yunghamz
Minor, they will probably score 2 last minute goals to Mick's disgust, again.

Yeh I'm not expecting them to lose just wanted to see some decent discussion rather than the barrage of heat of the moment wumming and moaning.
If ManU drop points and we ****ed up against N'Castle i will be pissed off!!
Reply 3094
come back to me if thats the scoreline at the end of the game :rolleyes:

Agreed we can still win, our only hard game is United (I think), but remember the teams form after Wigan last season? If that happens...

:yes:

We need to take it step by step - one game at a time. I hope this is the LAST WAKE UP CALL :colonhash:

We can't **** about and all the players need to keep their heads and keep themselves fit. We can't do anything about changes of personnel with the transfer window gone :sigh: but this team does sparkle sometimes. I'm not holding my breath though....
Original post by mini_lidi

This.
I really hope Arsenal win the league now. I'm a man city fan and tbh we aren't going to win the league and I don't want man u****ed to win it. Hopefully we can do them over at their ground next week and arsenal can bounce back and win their game :smile: fingers crossed
Reply 3098

Now now, I think we've all learned today the importance of not WUMing at half time

Original post by Niall2407
I really hope Arsenal win the league now. I'm a man city fan and tbh we aren't going to win the league and I don't want man u****ed to win it. Hopefully we can do them over at their ground next week and arsenal can bounce back and win their game :smile: fingers crossed

lol

Considering how city played for a draw at home, AT HOME, and considering the pathetic display they put in at the Emirates where they were lucky not to lose I'd say the chances of City going to Old Trafford and trying to do anything other than sit 10 players in front of the box are slim to none
(edited 13 years ago)
Wilshere on Twitter:

"[After Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal]. Inconsistent refereeing needs to stop. It's killing the game. If Diaby is sent off, what's the difference between that and Kevin Nolan's challenge on our keeper!??"

Latest