The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440
Original post by Lawuk
HI. Congrats for Queen Mary.
When did they give u an offer?
I'm still waiting for QM. If ever I'll get it, I will firm it.
Got Manchester as well.

I got an offer on the 22nd November, after a vist day a couple of weeks before it :smile:
When did you send your application off?
Reply 2441
Original post by IuriiNikitin
UCAS sent off: 15th October

Oxford - Rejected
LSE - Rejected
UCL - Rejected
Nottingham - AAB (will be my firm and only choice)
Southampton - AAA

P.S. Oh and I am an international student btw...

Sorry for your rejection. How is your LNAT and grades btw? I'm international too.
Original post by yilyn
Sorry for your rejection. How is your LNAT and grades btw? I'm international too.

I think my rejections, at least in case of Oxford, are due to LNAT (19 and even worse essay)

Predicted grades: A*A*A*A*

But I am perfectly happy with Notts:smile:

UPD: Where are you from, if I may ask?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2443
I think my rejections, at least in case of Oxford, are due to LNAT (19 and even worse essay)

Predicted grades: A*A*A*A*

But I am perfectly happy with Notts:smile:

UPD: Where are you from, if I may ask?

Well, Oxford has really high standard. A friend of mine with 26 for LNAT is rejected too. So don't be disheartened by it. I agree Notts is great! :biggrin: Especially with its ranking and the easier offer for Internationals. I have an offer from them too. :smile: Would definitely firm it if I do not receive any other offers.

I'm from Malaysia. :smile: And you?
Original post by yilyn
Well, Oxford has really high standard. A friend of mine with 26 for LNAT is rejected too. So don't be disheartened by it. I agree Notts is great! :biggrin: Especially with its ranking and the easier offer for Internationals. I have an offer from them too. :smile: Would definitely firm it if I do not receive any other offers.

I'm from Malaysia. :smile: And you?

I agree. Oxford was a long shot. But I have heard that for them an essay part of the LNAT is the crucial one, so it's difficult to judge when we know only multiple-choice bit.

Ukraine.:cool:
Reply 2445
I agree. Oxford was a long shot. But I have heard that for them an essay part of the LNAT is the crucial one, so it's difficult to judge when we know only multiple-choice bit.

Ukraine.:cool:

Agreed!! We wouldn't know for sure how good our essay is since every uni is marking based on their own admission criteria. Certainly would differ I would say. I'm hoping my essay bit is good enough for UCL and King's. Still waiting to hear from them. :s-smilie:

When did you hear from UCL? How are your grades btw?
Why oh why did Cambridge ask me for A*AAB, English Language literally makes me want to drive a sharpened, rusty goalpost through my left eye socket. Not because it's hard, just because it is so unbelievably boring/uninteresting to me.

At least I only need to get a B in it. I am sitting on a high A at the moment anyway.

EDIT: Thanks for the neg, anonymous. Am I not allowed to dislike one of my subjects?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by yilyn
Agreed!! We wouldn't know for sure how good our essay is since every uni is marking based on their own admission criteria. Certainly would differ I would say. I'm hoping my essay bit is good enough for UCL and King's. Still waiting to hear from them. :s-smilie:

When did you hear from UCL? How are your grades btw?

13th January
My grades are in the post above.

Wish you luck with UCL and KCL. No news is always a good news for these.:smile:
Original post by mandds
Nottingham, KCL, UCL, LSE, QMU

hi, could i ask what your grades are like, gcse's and a-level predictions?
I applied to all the same uni's as you :smile:
Reply 2449
13th January
My grades are in the post above.

Wish you luck with UCL and KCL. No news is always a good news for these.:smile:

I hope so! :smile: The wait is killing though. Sorry I missed them. Its almost 2am where I am now. LOL 4A* BRILLIANT!!!:smile: What subjects do you take? I don't think anyone in my college has a prediction close to yours.
(edited 13 years ago)
Course: LLB Law with year abroad in English (M108)
University: Warwick
Offer: AAAc

Been waiting for that for a while. :biggrin:

Now the wait for January exam results.
Reply 2451
Original post by pick92
I got an offer on the 22nd November, after a vist day a couple of weeks before it :smile:
When did you send your application off?

I sent my application on Sep 10.
And u????
Reply 2452
Course: LLB Law (M100)
University: King's College London
Offer: AAA

And it's about time too!
Reply 2453
Hello There

I recently got an offer from Warwick to study Law M100. I know it is agreat overall university coming 3rd in the Guardian rankings.

For law though I know it is seenas being just as prestigious as Notts, KCL, Durham nd UCL butin one of the rankings it came 19th. Is this a true reflection on Warwick law school.

To use the hardest career option to compare does Warwick provide just as much of a chance as the others to enter the Barr Council o top law firms assuming the same degree level is achieved at any of the institutions lts say a 1st. I am under the impression that t is probz better then Notts and Durham and on a par with UCL/KCL. Am I right?
Reply 2454
Original post by Nukeco

And it's about time too!

CONGRATS!! :biggrin: When was your application sent off??
Reply 2455
Original post by Cast.Iron
Why oh why did Cambridge ask me for A*AAB, English Language literally makes me want to drive a sharpened, rusty goalpost through my left eye socket. Not because it's hard, just because it is so unbelievably boring/uninteresting to me.

At least I only need to get a B in it. I am sitting on a high A at the moment anyway.

Did they specify that English Language could not be taken as an A?
Reply 2456
Original post by yilyn
CONGRATS!! :biggrin: When was your application sent off??

Well done! What was your LNAT score if you don't mind me inquiring? I am still waiting you see
Reply 2457
Original post by Nukeco

And it's about time too!

Well done! What was your LNAT score if you don't mind me inquiring? I am still waiting you see
Original post by Safety K
Hello There

I recently got an offer from Warwick to study Law M100. I know it is agreat overall university coming 3rd in the Guardian rankings.

For law though I know it is seenas being just as prestigious as Notts, KCL, Durham nd UCL butin one of the rankings it came 19th. Is this a true reflection on Warwick law school.

To use the hardest career option to compare does Warwick provide just as much of a chance as the others to enter the Barr Council o top law firms assuming the same degree level is achieved at any of the institutions lts say a 1st. I am under the impression that t is probz better then Notts and Durham and on a par with UCL/KCL. Am I right?

First of all, congratulations!

As to Warwick's reputation, I would not go as far as to say that it is better than Notts and Durham. Neither would I say that it is on a par with UCL (if we're saying that the LSE is above UCL and UCL is directly below the LSE). It's still outstanding for Law but I think that your impression is somewhat inflated.
Reply 2459
Original post by Safety K

Mine is 21. I'm still waiting too. :frown: There's been unofficial news that KCL is accepting those with LNAT above 16 or 18. Not sure if that is true though.

Latest

Trending

Trending