The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by natty_d
:yes:

We need to take it step by step - one game at a time. I hope this is the LAST WAKE UP CALL :colonhash:

We can't **** about and all the players need to keep their heads and keep themselves fit. We can't do anything about changes of personnel with the transfer window gone :sigh: but this team does sparkle sometimes. I'm not holding my breath though....

I like your positivity.

I didn't see the game so can't comment too much on the performance but I thought the team was over this kind of crumbling after seeing the Everton game just on Tuesday.

That match pretty much 80% of decisions were against us, poor final ball and very poor pressing yet the team came through it and after grabbing the lead showed some excellent defending to see the game out.
Reply 3101
Original post by marcusmerehay
Wilshere on Twitter:

"[After Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal]. Inconsistent refereeing needs to stop. It's killing the game. If Diaby is sent off, what's the difference between that and Kevin Nolan's challenge on our keeper!??"

OMG :eek:, someone besides me saw this assault. lol. Infront of the ref aswell.
Wilshere on Twitter:

"[After Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal]. Inconsistent refereeing needs to stop. It's killing the game. If Diaby is sent off, what's the difference between that and Kevin Nolan's challenge on our keeper!??"

He's right. Him and Sczesny seemed to be the only Arsenal players who realised this though.
Jack is right though!
Original post by natty_d
:yes:

We need to take it step by step - one game at a time. I hope this is the LAST WAKE UP CALL :colonhash:

We can't **** about and all the players need to keep their heads and keep themselves fit. We can't do anything about changes of personnel with the transfer window gone :sigh: but this team does sparkle sometimes. I'm not holding my breath though....

Totally agree :tongue:
I think they'll react well to this game. The Wigan result was just them being ridiculously bad, this was in part AT LEAST to bad officials. That should provide motivation if they ever needed it.

Wilshere on Twitter:

No doubt he gets fined or warned for speaking the truth :rolleyes:
Original post by a_t

Considering how city played for a draw at home, AT HOME, and considering the pathetic display they put in at the Emirates where they were lucky not to lose I'd say the chances of City going to Old Trafford and trying to do anything other than sit 10 players in front of the box are slim to none

To be fair, in both of the games we were missing key players; in the arsenal game we were missing balotelli and silva. Take silva out the team and we lack creativity. However I know what you are saying and it pisses me off too when Mancini goes ultra defensive. I would rather have lost 1-0 knowing we gave it a good go rather than lose 1-0 knowing we just sat back and didn't have a single shot
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3106
Anyone saw Wenger's post match interview??
What did he say??
Reply 3107
Original post by yunghamz
Stoke away, Bolton away, Fulham away, WBA away, Spurs away to come. These matches actually matter more now. Chelsea could be 3 points behind with a win tomorrow :frown:

You have to believe bro. We can do it! :smile:
Reply 3108
Original post by Susanoo
What did he say??

This is what im waiting for..
Reply 3109
Original post by Susanoo
What did he say??

F*ck.
Reply 3110
The sense of injustice made it all the sweeter. I really love the way Arsenal play football and their ethos, but have always detested that they have been (probably) the biggest cheats in the league. Even at four-nil up, there was blatant diving going on.
Reply 3111
Original post by vn2009
This is what im waiting for..

Surely it'll be out now. Its not on BBC or 101goals.

Original post by yunghamz
F*ck.

Wouldn't be surprised if he did.
Reply 3112
Okay, I've calmed down a bit.

Man Utd are 2-1 down - if they lose, we're 4 behind, if they draw, 5. They have to play a rejuvenated Chelsea TWICE, Liverpool at Anfield and Man City at OT (and of course, Arsenal). They will drop points. By contrast most of our games are relatively straightforward. We have been playing well in the past few games, let's hope this is merely a blip, and we can move on.

However we will not win this league unless we have at least one of Djourou and Vermaelen fit for pretty much every game. And we need to win against United.
(edited 13 years ago)
Something to cheer you up, look at Emmanuel Frimpomg's profile picture on twitter hahahaha.
Original post by Beneb
By contrast most of our games are relatively straightforward.

Away to Newcastle was supposedly a "relatively straightforward" game. They are no easy games these days.
Reply 3115
Original post by Beneb
Okay, I've calmed down a bit.

Man Utd are 2-1 down - if they lose, we're 4 behind, if they draw, 5. They have to play a rejuvenated Chelsea TWICE, Liverpool at Anfield and Man City at OT (and of course, Arsenal). They will drop points. By contrast most of our games are relatively straightforward. We have been playing well in the past few games, let's hope this is merely a blip, and we can move on.

However we will not win this league unless we have at least one of Djourou and Vermaelen fit for pretty much every game. And we need to win against United.

Exactly. Even if Man Utd draw a couple of those games, its more than likely, then we managed to be consistent and win then we'll be right back in it.

You should read some of the threads on BBC 606. :rofl:
Original post by Faith01
Something to cheer you up, look at Emmanuel Frimpomg's profile picture on twitter hahahaha.

Looool shame I can't rep anymore today. That's brilliant :biggrin:
Reply 3117
I went out at half time - needless to say I was pissed when I returned!!

Can someone tell me why the hell we have Ramsey, JET and Lansbury out on loan and still have Diaby and Denilson in our team.

So frustrated!!!

I bet United will go and lose now just to prove how we never seem to win when the others muck up!
Don't know if I can handle watching it on MOTD!!
Original post by TuckingFypo™
Away to Newcastle was supposedly a "relatively straightforward" game. They are no easy games these days.

Hence the 'by contrast'. :dunce:
I think Jack's deleted his tweet as it's no longer on his twitter. I think he just realised he could get fined.

Latest