The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3140
Original post by W.H.T
come back to me if thats the scoreline at the end of the game :rolleyes:

Original post by a_t
Now now, I think we've all learned today the importance of not WUMing at half time

lol

Considering how city played for a draw at home, AT HOME, and considering the pathetic display they put in at the Emirates where they were lucky not to lose I'd say the chances of City going to Old Trafford and trying to do anything other than sit 10 players in front of the box are slim to none

Original post by Panthalic
Rule 1 son, Rule ****ing 1.
I'd take more pleasure, but I know all these people have nothing to do with United anyway.

They've probably never even been to a game.

Bunch of absolutely boring idiots. Shot themselves in the foot, nonetheless and deserve to be screamed at with some degree of reflection on their own utter stupidity.
Reply 3142
Pre match I probably would have taken todays results to be honest - wouldn't have expected to gain points on united this weekend..
****, it's painful thinking that we could have been 2 points off, nevertheless it's good to know that we're not 8 points off. bitter sweet moment
Reply 3144
Original post by rhinger
Blaming referee decisions are simply excuses imo. You can't rely on referee decisions 24/7. That's why you can't sit back in a game.

The game reiterated the shoddiness of the refereeing in this league though, and something should be done about it. We shouldn't have sat back as we did but imo the former point can't be overlooked.

Not really. When you drop a 4 goal lead WUM rules don't ****ing apply, son.
Surely you have to blame Diaby for reacting and Wenger for buying Koscielny? If you played the last 45 mins with 11 men it wouldve been highly unlikely for Arsenal to gift away 4 goals.
Original post by Zerforax
Surely you have to blame Diaby for reacting and Wenger for buying Koscielny? If you played the last 45 mins with 11 men it wouldve been highly unlikely for Arsenal to gift away 4 goals.

Wait, am I missing something? What's wrong with Koscielny?
Original post by yunghamz
Just realised Utd have Man City at home, Wigan away, Chelsea away and Liverpool away in the next 4 matches, today doesn't feel AS bad. Unless we f*ck it up again.

I am an Arsenal fan, and i love my team, and even though I friggin pray we could win the league. we probably will **** up again.
Original post by Mastermind`
Not really. When you drop a 4 goal lead WUM rules don't ****ing apply, son.

You can dress it up however you want, your result was worse than ours. As United fans so utterly delight in saying, at the end of the day, it's the points that matter, not the way they are gained. History will show we got 1, you got 0.

You can talk about mental toughness, bottling and crumbling if you want, but you had the chance to go 7 points clear and you threw it away against a bottom of the table side. Stuff of champions?
Reply 3150
Original post by Faith01
Wait, am I missing something? What's wrong with Koscielny?

He gave away two penalties and was one of two CBs that shipped four goals.

Squillaci deserves some blame too, Zerforax.
Original post by M_E_X
He gave away two penalties and was one of two CBs that shipped four goals.

Squillaci deserves some blame too, Zerforax.

Other than what happened today.. I don't think he is that bad :dontknow:
Reply 3152
You can dress it up however you want, your result was worse than ours. As United fans so utterly delight in saying, at the end of the day, it's the points that matter, not the way they are gained. History will show we got 1, you got 0.

You can talk about mental toughness, bottling and crumbling if you want, but you had the chance to go 7 points clear and you threw it away against a bottom of the table side. Stuff of champions?

Yeah, exactly. All the Arsenal doom-sayers in here need to admit today was a good day for you guys.

Why do Arsenal only have a 25% implied chance to win the prem? (from the odds). I would think it would be a lot more than that! If you can beat ManU you should go favourites, no..?

Little consolation but it at least brings a small wry smile to my face. People should learn that with WUMing, timing is everything.

Still hurting though.
Reply 3154
Original post by Faith01
Other than what happened today.. I don't think he is that bad :dontknow:

Zerforax is just talking about today's game, where he was a key reason you guys lost. I think Diaby was the main reason, though...as soon as he got sent off the rest of the team seemed to lose confidence, and with each goal it just got worse and worse.

We're top of the table and it's in our hands. You gained points but I'm sure deep inside you're boiling when you look at the bigger picture. You could have been 2 points behind.

Stuff of champions is finishing first and at the moment that's where we are. Wolves are a bottom of the table side which has beaten 5 of the top 7 teams. We lost, yeah, but your mental toughness (or lack thereof) has come to the fore again.
Arsenal have a easier fixtures for the rest of the season:awesome:
Original post by RobbieC

Original post by RobbieC
I'd take more pleasure, but I know all these people have nothing to do with United anyway.

They've probably never even been to a game.

Bunch of absolutely boring idiots. Shot themselves in the foot, nonetheless and deserve to be screamed at with some degree of reflection on their own utter stupidity.

I agree, Robbie.

Man Utd don't deserve our WUM or crumble :cool:
Have you all followed Fabregas on twitter, that man is hilarious!
Original post by Mastermind`
We're top of the table and it's in our hands. You gained points but I'm sure deep inside you're boiling when you look at the bigger picture. You could have been 2 points behind.

Stuff of champions is finishing first and at the moment that's where we are. Wolves are a bottom of the table side which has beaten 5 of the top 7 teams. We lost, yeah, but your mental toughness (or lack thereof) has come to the fore again.

When I look at the bigger picture I'm relieved. We should've been 7 behind, as it is we've gained ground. It's not all good, of course not, but today is ultimately a good day for us. Our mental toughness versus your inability to play away, both finally bit today, reckon either is going to go away any time soon?

You are top yes, but that's not what all the WUMming this afternoon was about, that was about the result today. Your result was even worse. Lulz to the max?

Latest