Scroll to see replies

Reply 3160
Original post by BlackVenom321
Arsenal have a easier fixtures for the rest of the season:awesome:

That's what they said last season....
hahah well guys man utd lost ! It has been the most epic day of football ever
Original post by Economist
I took various odds and won over £600, couldn't give a **** tbh

What stage in the game was that at? Were you doing it out of insurance on the win or a gut feeling that you'd lose the lead?
Reply 3163
Original post by Faith01
Where is that guy that said come back to me when the score line is still 2-1?

hahahahah :awesome:

fine you win, i'll just go cry in the corner :colonhash:

:ashamed:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Panthalic
When I look at the bigger picture I'm relieved. We should've been 7 behind, as it is we've gained ground. It's not all good, of course not, but today is ultimately a good day for us. Our mental toughness versus your inability to play away, both finally bit today, reckon either is going to go away any time soon?

You are top yes, but that's not what all the WUMming this afternoon was about, that was about the result today. Your result was even worse. Lulz to the max?

I think our away form is more likely to improve than your mental toughness. Your mental toughness has been a problem for years, our away form hasn't been going a problem for years and we have gradually improved.

Would I rather draw 4-4 after being 4-0 up or lose 2-1 against a side that has beaten 5 of the top 7 sides? I think we can debate this 'til next week, but it has wider implicaitons for you. My WUMing this afternoon was about your result and I felt it was WUMable, whatever our result, because it was 'lulz to the max', 100x more 'lulz to the max' than our result.
Even though we conceded 4 against Newcastle today, over the season so far we've only conceded 3 more than United. Go figure.
Original post by W.H.T
fine you win, i'll just go cry in the corner :colonhash:

:ashamed:

:colondollar::smile:
Reply 3167
Ok......We had a bad game but because Man U lost, we can say it's a point gained and not 2 point lost.:smile:

At the start of the day who would have thought, we could close the gap by 1 point because both Arsenal/ManU were expected to win.
Original post by Mastermind`
Would I rather draw 4-4 after being 4-0 up or lose 2-1 against a side that has beaten 5 of the top 7 sides? I think we can debate this 'til next week, but it has wider implicaitons for you. My WUMing this afternoon was about your result and I felt it was WUMable, whatever our result, because it was 'lulz to the max', 100x more 'lulz to the max' than our result.

Fair enough, if you think that drawing is worse than losing depending on the nature of the game then fair play. Kev might disagree but that's not my problem.

I still don't understand how an inability to hold onto results means that a side never has any chance of ever winning the title, but shocking away form is virtually irrelevant. Arsenal fans are delusional for thinking they are even in the race, but United fans believing the title is in the bag even after performance/results like today is perfectly OK. Odd.
Fair enough, if you think that drawing is worse than losing depending on the nature of the game then fair play. Kev might disagree but that's not my problem.

I still don't understand how an inability to hold onto results means that a side never has any chance of ever winning the title, but shocking away form is virtually irrelevant. Arsenal fans are delusional for thinking they are even in the race, but United fans believing the title is in the bag even after performance/results like today is perfectly OK. Odd.

He's an idiot tbh, no point arguing tbf.
I know we lost today but your team are laughable. Pathetic. Supposed title-challengers conceding a 4 goal lead and only end up drawing. Say goodbye to your title chances and say hello to a royal raping from Barca in two CL legs.
Reply 3171
Original post by white_haired_wizard
I know we lost today but your team are laughable. Pathetic. Supposed title-challengers conceding a 4 goal lead and only end up drawing. Say goodbye to your title chances and say hello to a royal raping from Barca in two CL legs.

sore loser hahaha

You lost to Wolves.

Wolves.

Our away form isn't 'shocking'. That was the first away game we lost this season (well, the first game we've lost this season in the league). I'd say our away form is below par, and I admit we need to improve it, but as that stat that I've been stating about Wolves shows...they're actually not some bottom team that has been raped left, right and centre even by the top sides. We've been there, we've done it, we have the know-how blah blah blah. I don't believe the title is in the bag, it isn't over 'til it's over, but I'm confident for good reasons. You have displayed your bottling qualities for a number of years now, inability to hold onto leads in one of them. Our away form is, imo, more solvable than your mental toughness.

I think you are serious title challengers, as the league table suggests. But I can't take Arsenal seriously, even when they have an 'easy' run-in, because they have displayed this lack of mental toughness this season as well.
Reply 3174

I've never seen someone take a loss so lightly .
Original post by robocop1andahalf
Fabregas is a better captain than Gallas, OK?

No he's not.

The only thing Gallas did 'wrong' was be passionate. So what if he kicked some advertising boards?

He had more passion than all of this ****e team combined.
Reply 3176
Our away form isn't 'shocking'. That was the first away game we lost this season (well, the first game we've lost this season in the league). I'd say our away form is below par, and I admit we need to improve it, but as that stat that I've been stating about Wolves shows...they're actually not some bottom team that has been raped left, right and centre even by the top sides. We've been there, we've done it, we have the know-how blah blah blah. I don't believe the title is in the bag, it isn't over 'til it's over, but I'm confident for good reasons. You have displayed your bottling qualities for a number of years now, inability to hold onto leads in one of them. Our away form is, imo, more solvable than your mental toughness.

I think you are serious title challengers, as the league table suggests. But I can't take Arsenal seriously, even when they have an 'easy' run-in, because they have displayed this lack of mental toughness this season as well.

Park.. 1-0 remember.

Imagine if we lose against Birm.. in the carling cup and we win nothing.. It could happen so im not getting my hopes up to much. But we have to go all out for the league now. I really dont want alex ferguson over taking liverpool in the leagues and i dont want city or chelsea to win with their money. We have to win the league this year, if not now, then when? Fab will go in the summer prob as well.
Original post by JessicaW
You lost to Wolves.

Wolves.

Yes and we've been rather suspect away from home all season.

You were FOUR NIL UP ffs. Laughable. You're not going to win the league with a **** defence like that. Seriously, dream on love.
Original post by yunghamz
I've never seen someone take a loss so lightly .

We've chucked away leads away from home all too often this season. Our away form this season hasn't been good enough. Today wasn't a massive shock. There was a risk we'd be complacent today, especially after Arsenal's monumental crumble, and we paid for it today.

We should win the league and IMO, we will win the league. Arsenal are not good enough to win the league, certainly not with a defence like this. Too much liability there.
Our away form isn't 'shocking'. That was the first away game we lost this season (well, the first game we've lost this season in the league).

In the context of a title challenge, 17 from 36 isn't shocking? Comparatively we have 25 points on the road, and frankly, 17 points flatters some of your performances this season. I'd say we've dropped less than 19 points this year through crumbling, yet ours is the bigger problem?

We've been there, we've done it, we have the know-how blah blah blah.

I don't see how relevant this is, you aren't the reigning champions and you don't have the difference maker you you'd to have when you last won it. Your problem is the lack of real quality you used to have, apart from Nani and flashes from Rooney and Berbatov, who is there to really be scared of? You can't claim you are the default winners when a) you aren't champions and b) you've lost the spark that made you champions. I'm not even remotely writing United off, but there's hardly the gulf some people seem to think there is.

Surely a contradiction? Are we serious contenders or not? If we are not, then who else do you think are the serious contenders that are stopping you thinking the title is sewn up? If we are, then why do insist on repeatedly saying we aren't?

Latest