The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yunghamz
Someone needed to just say, "F*ck this, where bigger than this, we have a F*cking 4 goal lead, who the F*ck are you to think differently with you're lazy attacks backed by desperate fans". This is the biggest reason as to why we lost, no one actually took charge, the players just stood back and tried to "soak up the attack", which we all know is the worst thing to do playing away in the premier league.

I agree, not until they got their wondergoal and equalised did we actually bother trying to push forward and even then we nearly scored. I think Wenger made some terrible subs but it's difficult when the referee gives the other team a penalty whenever they fall over in the box. It's weird how good Koscielny looks alongside Djourou yet alongside Squillaci he is woeful. He didn't need to give the referee a reason to give a penalty yet he did. Today was definitely one of the most disappointing as an Arsenal supporter, but weirdly we're better off than we were at the start of it.
Why are people still arguing? There is nothing to argue about. There is lots to take away from this game.

Don't you know what they say about arguing with fools? :facepalm2:
Original post by slawaccess23
But don't try to hide the fact that you'll looking forward to it optimistically :drool: Imagine the shock that will ensue when we knock them out.

I would be looking forward to it but with no Nasri or Sagna and whoever else gets injured over the next week I do fear the worst. But we're kind of in a win-win situation because obviously If we progress it will be amazing but if we get knocked out we can really focus on the league and FA cup. Should be 2 great games again, that's for sure!
So despite all your moaning about the officiating, it looks like they actually had a goal wrongly disallowed?

:lol:
****ing hate Phil Dowd. ****ing hate Joey Barton. At least their fans go back to being unemployed.
Original post by cfc1992
So despite all your moaning about the officiating, it looks like they actually had a goal wrongly disallowed?

Goal incorrectly disallowed vs 1 debatable penalty, 1 joke penalty, sending our player off for reacting to a horrible tackle while their player gets away with it then their player getting away with putting our goalkeeper in a headlock.
Reply 3206
Original post by cfc1992

A really awful decision as well.

The first pen was a definite pen. The second one was right imo, Rosicky made absoultely no attempt to get near the ball, wasn't even looking at it, and just shoved the Newcastle player with both hands. Nolan was rightly booked, anything more would have been silly, he was trying to get the ball which Szczezny shouldn't have been holding. Diaby was rightly sent off, he grabbed someone round the neck and shoved two players. Barton shouldn't have been sent off, it wasn't that dangerous.

From the major incidents at least any attempt to blame the ref is laughable.
Original post by Ar5enal Fan
Goal incorrectly disallowed vs 1 debatable penalty, 1 joke penalty, sending our player off for reacting to a horrible tackle while their player gets away with it then their player getting away with putting our goalkeeper in a headlock.

Debatable penalty? Hardly, it was definitely one. One joke penalty, yes. Can't complain with the sending off, Barton's challenge was not at all a 'horrible tackle'. Didn't Nolan get a yellow card for that?

Officiating wasn't good, but it was 1 bad decision vs 1 bad decision.
Original post by cfc1992

Original post by cfc1992

Lol yes they should have had that goal :sadnod: but they should never have had that penalty. We also had an offside wrongly called and WTF was the headlock on Scynesysyfgfysg?

Too many **** decisions. Poor refereeing.
not to mention Nolan grabbed Szczesny in a similar manner to Diaby/Barton, and no sending off.
and Dowd is a ****ing Stoke clayhead scum too.
Reply 3211
Wow how did Scholes get away without a red there, that was maradona-esque!
Reply 3212
Original post by jk1986
Wow how did Scholes get away without a red there, that was maradona-esque!

Deliberate handball is a yellow card isn't it?
How was Best's first goal not allowed to stand?

How was Nolan not sent off?

How was the second penalty a penalty?

A glorious day of officiating today against both sides..
Diaby's in the clear. I think I'll take the blame for this for predicting the draw (albeit it a much more conservative scoreline). I haven't predicted an Arsenal league result wrong for a long time. Rest assured, I'll call wins for the next few...unless Van Persie or Cesc get injured on Internationals!
hope Diaby ****s off somewhere, doesnt deserve to be at Arsenal tbh. Passenger who's been travelling on a week old ticket.
Reply 3216
Original post by Louis.

The first pen was a definite pen. The second one was right imo, Rosicky made absoultely no attempt to get near the ball, wasn't even looking at it, and just shoved the Newcastle player with both hands. Nolan was rightly booked, anything more would have been silly, he was trying to get the ball which Szczezny shouldn't have been holding. Diaby was rightly sent off, he grabbed someone round the neck and shoved two players. Barton shouldn't have been sent off, it wasn't that dangerous.

Spot on. Bartons was the best player on the park once again aswell. Wish we could play against Arsenal every week.
Original post by Louis.

Original post by cfc1992

:ditto: I don't know how the ref can be blamed for those incidents. They also had a goal disallowed and none of the fans in here seem to have mentioned. When reading some of the ref complaints, I actually thought Nolan had grabbed Szczezny in a similar manner Diaby grabbed Barton.
Reply 3218
I have seen a replay of their second penalty decision many times now and I have no idea how you guys can say that is a pen??!! I know you guys don't like Arsenal; but c'mon, no way was that a pen.
Original post by Deshi
I have seen a replay of their second penalty decision many times now and I have no idea how you guys can say that is a pen??!! I know you guys don't like Arsenal; but c'mon, no way was that a pen.

It's not a case of not liking Arsenal. It was a soft penalty, I thought it wasn't a penalty at first but Rosicky's hands are over the guy's back. It's the kind of thing one referee gives a penalty for, another doesn't. A defender has to be careful there.

Latest