The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ar5enal Fan
We are so bad with Squillaci. Djourou's injury was the biggest reason we fell apart. Diaby was stupid but he's been subjected to 2 horrible challenges over the last few seasons and again the incompetent referees don't do anything. The referee was a disgrace as usual, until they are held accountable for continuous awful decisions nothing will change. We just need to get over this quickly although I don't think the matches against Barca will help!

Agreed. The ref and linesmen were dreadful, disallowing that Newcastle goal that was clearly onside for instance.
Original post by Mastermind`
Yes they are. I saw Rosicky's hands on Best's back and he wasn't even looking at the ball. How strong was the contact? I don't know. Clichy was denying Nani a goalscoring opportunity, seen them given. My only qualm with these penalties is the consistency - some referees give them, some don't.

The referee today (Phil Dowd) did a good enough job, even if we disagree about the second penalty he got the rest of the decisions right, yet there are masses out there saying how **** he is.

He didn't get the rest of the decisions right. What about that Newcastle goal that was disallowed for being offside when all players involved were clearly well onside?

Pitiful Arsenal defence.
I've been scratching my head about possibilities as far as centre-backs go, and I think I might have come up with a feasible solution.

Tulio Tanaka.

He plays for Nagoya Grampus, so Wenger could use his links through Stojkovic to strike a deal - he wouldn't be overly pricey, has masses of international experience, strong in the air, and has been named in the J-League Best XI every year for the past 7 years.

He also has a career goalscoring rate of ~1 in 5 games, which is as good as Bendtner. :lolwut:
In Dubai, couldn't watch the game, I seriously had a nightmare we lost 5-4 last night..

What a lovely surprise :h:
Original post by white_haired_wizard
Agreed. The ref and linesmen were dreadful, disallowing that Newcastle goal that was clearly onside for instance.

Poor WUM effort. Must try harder next time.

ye. Hes awesome.

where are you vermaelen !

If that's true then we are going to seriously struggle until Vermaelen returns.
Reply 3250
Original post by marcusmerehay
x

Our very own Arsenal Samurai. He'd raise the style quotient of our team by a few notches, certainly. :smug:
Reply 3251
We can't win against Barcelona with Squillaci and Koscielny (and without Sagna), no matter how many goals we score. For the league, I'd consider dropping Song between the two CBs to act as a sweeper, leaving Wilshere and Cesc to patrol the middle when we don't have the ball, and then the front three of Theo, van Persie and Nasri/Arshavin as default.
Original post by Beneb
We can't win against Barcelona with Squillaci and Koscielny (and without Sagna), no matter how many goals we score. For the league, I'd consider dropping Song between the two CBs to act as a sweeper, leaving Wilshere and Cesc to patrol the middle when we don't have the ball, and then the front three of Theo, van Persie and Nasri/Arshavin as default.

Would totally ruin the balance we've managed to achieve in the midfield trio, but frankly I can't see any other way we'll manage to concede less than 2 a game =/
Hopefully the news about DJ isn't as bad as we imagine :s-smilie:
Original post by Psychotic546
Would totally ruin the balance we've managed to achieve in the midfield trio, but frankly I can't see any other way we'll manage to concede less than 2 a game =/
Hopefully the news about DJ isn't as bad as we imagine :s-smilie:

No choice but to park the bus. :colondollar::colondollar:
arsenal fans complaining about ref, when newcastle has a goal wrongly disallowed :facepalm2:
Original post by Louis.
A really awful decision as well.

The first pen was a definite pen. The second one was right imo, Rosicky made absoultely no attempt to get near the ball, wasn't even looking at it, and just shoved the Newcastle player with both hands. Nolan was rightly booked, anything more would have been silly, he was trying to get the ball which Szczezny shouldn't have been holding. Diaby was rightly sent off, he grabbed someone round the neck and shoved two players. Barton shouldn't have been sent off, it wasn't that dangerous.

From the major incidents at least any attempt to blame the ref is laughable.

Original post by TommyWannabe
last summer I said Fabregas should leave, as his heart just wouldn't be in it.

I'm fairly confident that those comments are justified now. He doesn't really give a toss.

Surely can't be serious?
(edited 13 years ago)
Liverpool are beating Chelsea.

Not such a bad weekend after all. :mmm:
Original post by marcusmerehay
Liverpool are beating Chelsea.

Not such a bad weekend after all. :mmm:

No it is bad :colonhash: we could have closed the gap with Utd to 2 points...
Nothing is forgiven :colonhash: :colonhash:
We could have done, but we didn't, and we've been given another chance.

Lucky break, but we need to make the most of it. :yy:
Reply 3259
Come on liverpool, put a few quid on them at half time at 7.4

Latest