The Student Room Group

Nottingham Trent Primary PGCE interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thanks for the update mrshorsy. Good luck!
Reply 21
Hey guys, I'm in exactly the same position as you, had an interview for NTU PGCE Primary on 2nd December, and still have heard nothing about a decision,which is incredibly frustrating. Can't make any decisions about accommodation, funding etc, feels like my entire life is on hold until they decide! Got an email about 3 weeks ago saying about NTU not knowing how many places they would have, but my friend has now received a offer from Bishop Grosstesse, which would mean the universities know their places now wouldn't it?
i thought they would have let us know by now... there's only one week left until the deadline is up (14 Feb), andf this is my first choice :-/ the figures were all out weds/thurs and other people seem to be getting firm offers from other unis.......
Reply 23
That's exactly how I feel....my family and friends are starting to get sick of me worrying about it! :s-smilie:
Reply 24
Spoke to the course admin lady again today (think she's sick of me!!) she reckoned it'll be middle of next week before they have had a chance to process everything.:confused:
why is it taking so long!? :frown: i don't think i have ever felt so frustrated and anxious in my life, not to mention so ill-informed!
Reply 26
I agree, its ridiculous compared to applying to university in the first place. I just want to find out now!:eek:
Reply 27
Hi,
I have been on 'stop' since 19th Jan and I have an interview on the 10th Feb. As far as I am aware, numbers are not officially finalised. Im a current student at Bishop Grosseteste and they are offering places on the condition of numbers, going along the lines of 'what we had last year.'
My friend had an interview in november, and she is still waiting for an answer. No news is good news?!
As frustrating as it is, i'm hoping that all the universities are thinking this way.
Anyway, good luck to you all. Any tips for the interview would be greatly appreciated!

Emma x:smile:
Reply 28
Dint realise they were still interviewing!! Maybe thats why its taking so long?
Reply 29
Hi,

I have an interview at NTU for thr PGCE Primary on Tues 8th.

Can anyone give me more info? What did you do your presentations on?

I'm still not sure what to choose! I'm also a little scared about the maths test!
but surely they should be able to let definite successful applicants know? as when a course is filled that's it - guidance is the earlier you apply the better. i dont know
Reply 31
Original post by yilishibi
Hi,

I have an interview at NTU for thr PGCE Primary on Tues 8th.

Can anyone give me more info? What did you do your presentations on?

I'm still not sure what to choose! I'm also a little scared about the maths test!

I thought the interview was quite relaxed though I did get very nervous before hand!! Dont worry about the maths its only the stuff you'd do with year 6 children.
Go on bbc bitesize if you want to see what sort of stuff they'll ask you.
Reply 32
Original post by Teachertraining
but surely they should be able to let definite successful applicants know? as when a course is filled that's it - guidance is the earlier you apply the better. i dont know

What I dont get with these things is how can they award any places until interviews have finished. i mean what if they offered out places to early interviewees and then realised that actually compared to the later candidates they were rubbish!! (if that makes sense!)
Reply 33
It's like all normal rules go out the window! :confused:
Reply 34
Hi all,

I had my interview for NTU early November and am still waiting to hear back; My application has been 'Stopped' too since the 19th Jan so I doubt it will be too much longer. Although it is frustrating we have already waited all these weeks so a few more days can't hurt right? Concerning the other universities and those worried about not being offered interviews for their second choice course, I assume that all the universities are in the same boat and as always there will be students who wont have made the cut or who turn down their place.

NTU explained to my cohort that the reason why interviews continue throughout the process is that: when you are offered an interview theoretically NTU have a place waiting for you if you can fulfil their criteria. They continue to interview until either they find the allocated number of students matching the criteria or clearing begins. Any left over spaces are then allocated through the clearing system. So try not to be too disheartened they are just following protocol.

yilishibi: The maths test isn't too daunting as mrshorsy said it is all on BBC Bitesize KS3 if you revise the topics on there you should be more than prepared. Also don't be too concerned about the presentation you are only performing it in a relaxed environment to one other person so choose a topic your confident and enthusiastic about. Good Luck!

Sorry about the long rant; I'll keep in touch if I hear any more news.
Fingers crossed for you all.
Reply 35
i made a mistake, i got a rejection letter for the gtp, not the pgce, so im still waiting like everyone else, wish they would let us know
Reply 36
Hey all!

I finally felt like I had to get on here and post, as I was going mad not talking to anyone about it. Had my interview 2nd November at Trent too, but have heard nothing (none of those emails or updates or anything) til now except the shop decision. This is driving me mad, as I thought when the numbers were released we'd hear really soon?! So frustrated!
Reply 37
Still haven't heard anything today. Wish they would just get it over and done with now!
Reply 38
Original post by MissKnibbs
Hi all,

So try not to be too disheartened they are just following protocol.

I understand them following protocol but the fact that other universities are letting unsuccesful candidates know and therefore allowing them to progress on
to their second choice does put us at a disadvatage.
Have once again spent the day frantically checking email and track as I feel so
unsettled and just want to know where I stand.
Reply 39
i keep checking my track all day everyday but still no decision.
also getting worried that my 2nd place will be full up by the time we get at decision from ntu!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending