The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2500
I have offers from:
Southampton: AAA
Cardiff: AABB
Leicester: AAA
and still waiting for KCL and Warwick. Has anyone had offers from KCL????????
Go on then. Cardiff have emailed, thanking me for applying, and informing me that they will let me know their decision soon but in the mean time I'm invited to visit them.

What's that all about?

Original post by rockydog
I have offers from:
Southampton: AAA
Cardiff: AABB
Leicester: AAA
and still waiting for KCL and Warwick. Has anyone had offers from KCL????????

I think I've seen a few, so I reckon no news is good news :wink:
Reply 2502
Original post by natalia93
hi guys (sorry to those who have already seen my post on the LNAT thread!)
i got a poor 17/42 on the LNAT and have applied to both Nottingham and KCL ... do these have cut offs????
i got 7A*s 3As and a B at GCSE
last year i got AAB for AS and a B in Alevel maths
and i am predicted A*A*A*A Alevel and A AS this year
have i really blown it??!

Hi
I got 17/42 too and I applied to Nottingham. I have heard back from my other four choices and I'm waiting on Nottingham. I have tried desperately to find out if they have a cut off to but to no avail :frown:
I think you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 2503
Got my Rej. of UCL. I hate them. They build and build you up with hope by keeping you waiting, and then BOOM. unsuccesful.

Tbh, I'm not that bitter as I probably couldn't afford to live in London on student funds anyway... It just would have been nice to have got an offer! :frown:

Leeds/Sheff/Birm/Hull? hmm
Original post by matt1291
Got my Rej. of UCL. I hate them. They build and build you up with hope by keeping you waiting, and then BOOM. unsuccesful.

Tbh, I'm not that bitter as I probably couldn't afford to live in London on student funds anyway... It just would have been nice to have got an offer! :frown:

I think I would do Birmingham.
Reply 2505
Original post by adam0311
I think I would do Birmingham.

Yeah, everyone's suggested I do Birm, it's on par with the likes of Manc/Bristol/Warwick in regards to its reputation for Law, I don't know why, I just get a bad feeling about it all. Which I know sounds pathetic. But, I don't know what it is, whether its the connotations surrounding Birmingham (stereotypical high-crime, ethnic prominence which is intimidating, rough areas...) I'm being cynical. I need to visit it :|
Reply 2506

Sorry to hear...Did you get it today?
Yeah, everyone's suggested I do Birm, it's on par with the likes of Manc/Bristol/Warwick in regards to its reputation for Law, I don't know why, I just get a bad feeling about it all. Which I know sounds pathetic. But, I don't know what it is, whether its the connotations surrounding Birmingham (stereotypical high-crime, ethnic prominence which is intimidating, rough areas...) I'm being cynical. I need to visit it :|

Yeah just visit it. I don't know if I would say its on par with Warwick/Bristol. Certainly on par with Manchester/Newcastle/Southampton. While, Sheffield is another bump down. Completely up to you. If you're going to be miserable at Birmingham bc your scared of ethnics and the potential for crime, then its better to go to your next best option.

Oh, no, never nice but not the end of the world.

What was your LNAT score?
Reply 2509
Original post by Thepro
Sorry to hear...Did you get it today?

Yeah about an 1 hour ago!

Original post by adam0311
Yeah just visit it. I don't know if I would say its on par with Warwick/Bristol. Certainly on par with Manchester/Newcastle/Southampton. While, Sheffield is another bump down. Completely up to you. If you're going to be miserable at Birmingham bc your scared of ethnics and the potential for crime, then its better to go to your next best option.

It's not that I'm scared of ethnics, that kind of depicts me as racist, to which I am most certainly not! I just don't want to be wandering into an area, day or night, where it is heavily dominated and I feel pressured and intimidated, I don't want to live if its that uncomfortable an environment.

Original post by Varethika
Oh, no, never nice but not the end of the world.

What was your LNAT score?

it isn't, but tbh, I couldn't afford it so it made the decision easier in a sense.

Got 18/42 which is abysmal, so I was expecting a rejection anyway. I despise the Lnat. There are people who apply to places like Oxford, Durham, UCL, Bristol etc etc... and because of this ridiculous test, get 15/42 and get rejected! First they ask for astounding GCSE, AS, A Level Predictions, Extra-Currics... now this. It's becoming absurd. /endrant :wink:
Reply 2510

That sucks, I'm sorry. I'm expecting my rejection soon. Same LNAT score. Don't worry about it, just means you would have been happier elsewhere (:

What were your grades?
Reply 2511
Original post by loxemori
That sucks, I'm sorry. I'm expecting my rejection soon. Same LNAT score. Don't worry about it, just means you would have been happier elsewhere (:

What were your grades?

1A, 11B GCSE
ABBB AS
AAA A2

Surprised they didnt reject me sooner, I'm a bog standard average joe! But hey, UCL isn't for everyone, and maybe this is a sign it wasn't for me! :smile:

1A, 11B GCSE
ABBB AS
AAA A2

Surprised they didnt reject me sooner, I'm a bog standard average joe! But hey, UCL isn't for everyone, and maybe this is a sign it wasn't for me! :smile:

hay don't be so down, you've probably been looking at this form to much, most students have the grades you have and your LNAT is above average. how long did it take them to replay. when did you send your application off?
(edited 13 years ago)
Course: Law (LLB)
University: Exeter
Offer: AAB

University: Manchester
Offer: AAA

University: Cardiff
Offer: ABB
Original post by dhar.jishnu
University: Exeter
Offer: AAB

University: Manchester
Offer: AAA

University: Cardiff
Offer: ABB

Has anyone heard from Queen Mary, University of London or London School of Economics?
Reply 2515
Original post by nottsmay
sorry to be nosy but what GCSEs/A level grades did you get/are you predicted?
I also got an offer from notts today but for AAB, think they may have made a mistake?

I got 5 A*s 5As and a D at GCSE and 5 As at AS. Sorry for the late reply, but I'm sure it shows up in my signature.
Reply 2516
Has anyone heard from Queen Mary, University of London or London School of Economics?

I've got an offer from Queen Mary :smile:
AAA
Reply 2517
Original post by swift2

Original post by swift2
Yeah! would love an offer but highly doubtful haha:frown: are you?

I am doubtful too, I would love an offer. I only got 19 in the LNAT and my essay was pretty much non existent :P I was quite ill on the day though so I am pleased I still got above the average on the multiple choice :/ how did you do?
Reply 2518
Just received my final offer from Durham: AAA :biggrin: Didn't expect that at all :smile: All 5 offers in now, so happy :smile:
Reply 2519

Yeah, i have offers from both, applied on december 10th!

Latest