The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Our "Class of 2015" hoodies also arrived today. It's got a snake on it!
Ha, 96% in clinical epidemiology mid-sessional paper. In all fairness that paper was a joke, a score of 91 had people in the second quartile.

It is also sad that GKT is 'officially' called King's College London School of Medicine at Guy's, King's and St Thomas' Hospitals. Lame.
Original post by Jessaay!
I've found the same actually. Obviously it's helped actually having done this part of the course before :p: but I've found after the first year, even with lectures I missed last year or content I missed, I know what the important information is and what's not important and can take it in much more easily whereas last year I found myself overwhelmed with remembering facts I probably didn't need to know.

My way of working is probably much slower than yours though. I've found I learn most effectively by writing a LOT of notes which combine the lecture slides, lecture notes and extra reading. So far for this module I've managed to make a word document containing notes and diagrams and it's over 100 pages long and not even finished yet.

Sounds like far, far too much effort for me! During non-revision times I just go over the lecture slides, write them up briefly and maybe look up stuff that's not well explained. Seems to be working though!
Original post by Lantana
well....

:unimpressed:

And am also not impressed that someone repped this :hmpf:

:p:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
:unimpressed:

And am also not impressed that someone repped this :hmpf:

I think that may have been me.
Original post by Fission_Mailed

I think that may have been me.

:eek: I feel betrayed!!! :p:
:eek: I feel betrayed!!! :p:

:awesome:

You know you love it!

:awesome:

You know you love it!

Oh yeah.....I just love it when people say I have problems with my mind :rolleyes:

Oh yeah.....I just love it when people say I have problems with my mind :rolleyes:

:console: To be fair, you're probably the most normal person in Norwich.
:console: To be fair, you're probably the most normal person in Norwich.

:rofl: Don't let Hygeia hear you say that :wink:
Original post by Mushi_master

It is also sad that GKT is 'officially' called King's College London School of Medicine at Guy's, King's and St Thomas' Hospitals. Lame.

Sounds like Kings being jeb ends :X. If it ever became Queen Mary School of Medicine at Barts and the London I'd find the person responsible and castrate them with sand paper.
:rofl: Don't let Hygeia hear you say that :wink:

She's been there for 5 years now... :ahee:
Reply 872
She's been there for 5 years now... :ahee:

*negs* :eviltongue:

People being mean to me :cry2:
Original post by Hygeia
*negs* :eviltongue:

People being mean to me :cry2:

You wouldn't! :cry:

I'm only 4 points off another gem.:colondollar:

If it had let me rep you for your "5 years" comment about Hygeia then you'd be over :p: Unfortunately it wouldn't :sad:
Reply 875

That makes it even more tempting :colone:

:smile:
Surely we all do, why else would we pick this degree and profession? True it has a lot going for it, but it also has a lot of reasons to not do it.... We all a li'l loopy :biggrin:
Original post by ilovehotchocolate
:smile:
Surely we all do, why else would we pick this degree and profession? True it has a lot going for it, but it also has a lot of reasons to not do it.... We all a li'l loopy :biggrin:

Aye, my flatmate and I just had an extensive discussion about the downsides of medicine and how often we've contemplated leaving/finding other careers.
Reply 878
I passed all of my modules! Thank lucky **** for that. 4 1st's and a 2:i.

Please rate some other members before rating this member again.

Damn.
Original post by crazylemon
My current plan is to be a student for ever...I get stuck at what I do after the second phd though...

I didn't want to do a PhD until I discovered that the other medical applicant from my secondary school (who was rejected) is now doing one.

Latest