Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Too late to join societies at Kent Uni?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Lovecraft243
I've been at Kent Uni for a term and I've met no-one. Probably that is largely down to the fact that I haven't left my room in 10 weeks :frown:. I'm generally quite shy and have struggled socially at uni. My housemates are horrid so I've (fingers crossed) secured a move for after the Christmas holidays.

As much as I like to blame others for my issues, I know a large part of it is down to me. In the 12ish weeks with been here I've been out once to the Venue. I did enjoy myself but wished I had friends to go with. I stay in my room all day and I only have two nice housemates but my paranoia prevents me from talking to them. I feel like they'd rather not be talking to me, though they've never actually done anything to suggest this.

I refuse to have another **** term here. Is it too late to join societies, will people think I'm weird for suddenly just turning up at stuff now? The cheerleading society looks tempting but I'm not sure, won't everyone have made friends already?

Original post by Loz17
Certain we'll post some details here closer to the time as well

Sorry to be posting here but I didn't see the TeaSoc today at the refreshers! :frown: And this was the first thing that came up when i googled TeaSoc. When do u guys have the meetings?

To OC I hope u found something to join today at refreshers! :smile: Don't worry it's not weird to suddenly turn up at all. I have been doing it quiet a lot myself :smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by HarHar321
Sorry to be posting here but I didn't see the TeaSoc today at the refreshers! :frown: And this was the first thing that came up when i googled TeaSoc. When do u guys have the meetings?

To OC I hope u found something to join today at refreshers! :smile: Don't worry it's not weird to suddenly turn up at all. I have been doing it quiet a lot myself :smile:

We were there, promise! We had a massively bright stall too so not sure how you missed us. We were there til about half 3.

Anyway, if you want too, PM me your kent email address and I'll add you to the mailing list :smile:
Original post by Loz17
We were there, promise! We had a massively bright stall too so not sure how you missed us. We were there til about half 3.

Anyway, if you want too, PM me your kent email address and I'll add you to the mailing list :smile:

Did you like my epic attempts at getting people to join Tea Soc? Shame it's not so easy to get people to join LGBT Soc :tongue:
Original post by Faustus Fotherby
Did you like my epic attempts at getting people to join Tea Soc? Shame it's not so easy to get people to join LGBT Soc :tongue:

I did, was amazing :p:

I might be able to get one extra member (my housemate for next year) as he's recently properly come out as a thank you :hugs:
Original post by Loz17
I did, was amazing :p:

I might be able to get one extra member (my housemate for next year) as he's recently properly come out as a thank you :hugs:

:redface: We could do an exchange here, I convert people to Tea Soc and you send me shy LGBT-ers :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending