The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by catalina18
Was yours just for straight Law? I've seen one Law and German but that's it...

Haha just looked and the Law and German was you! Congrats! I'm such an idiot...
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Does anybody else have a straight law offer? It looks likely Nottingham will be my firm :smile:
Original post by Inspiration18
Does anybody else have a straight law offer? It looks likely Nottingham will be my firm :smile:

I do! :biggrin: And me too! Where else did you apply?
Reply 1183
Original post by AilishF
I got an offer from Nottingham for Law and German (AAB) last Wednesday :smile:

Congratulations :smile: i'm still waiting to hear for law and spanish, i hate this aha, i just want to know :frown:
Reply 1184
Original post by cem79
NO
PLEASSSEEEEE let me know if you hear before me or see anyone on here that has anything! I will do the same!!!!

OH ok I just saw that girl above with an offer for Law with German!!!
I want to kill myself.

I will do, don't worry. Hahaha i know the feeling :frown: i hate waiting, i've given up all hope atm :frown:
Reply 1185
Original post by catalina18
Haha just looked and the Law and German was you! Congrats! I'm such an idiot...

Original post by zerin62
Congratulations :smile: i'm still waiting to hear for law and spanish, i hate this aha, i just want to know :frown:

Thank you :smile: I couldn't believe it when I received the email as I was told that it would be at least the end of Feb / early March before I heard anything, so don't give up hope :smile: I've also had offers from Queen Mary and Birmingham and am still waiting to hear from Warwick and Bristol but I'm pretty sure that Nottingham will be my firm.
Reply 1186
Original post by AilishF
Thank you :smile: I couldn't believe it when I received the email as I was told that it would be at least the end of Feb / early March before I heard anything, so don't give up hope :smile: I've also had offers from Queen Mary and Birmingham and am still waiting to hear from Warwick and Bristol but I'm pretty sure that Nottingham will be my firm.

What did you get in your LNAT? if you don't mind me asking :smile:
Reply 1187
Original post by zerin62
What did you get in your LNAT? if you don't mind me asking :smile:

I got 26 :smile:
I'm so confused, I've applied to Nottingham for Law but I haven't heard yet :frown: I sent off my application in early October, and although I was disappointed with my LNAT - 22 - it was above average. I wanna know so i can finalise my UCAS and accept my firm and decide upon my insuranceeee.
Yaay, I have been offered a place twice now :biggrin:
Reply 1190
I'm getting a little worried as I haven't heard anything from them for both English and Law (applied there twice) and I sent my application in October and loads of people have offers for those subjects...hope they haven't forgotten me!
Reply 1191
Got an offer for computer science, open day tomorrow so lets see.
Reply 1192
Anyone who applied for physics going to the open day tomorrow?
Not sure I can go - will this affect my chances of getting an offer?
(edited 13 years ago)
If I put Nottingham as my insurance (which I did) do I still have to fill in an accommodation application?
Original post by dirtyoldriver
If I put Nottingham as my insurance (which I did) do I still have to fill in an accommodation application?

Nope
Reply 1195
Please just hurry up and either offer/reject the rest of us impatient law applicants.
Reply 1196
Original post by *BB*
Please just hurry up and either offer/reject the rest of us impatient law applicants.

Quoted for truth. Still waiting here.

If you don't mind me asking, do you know where you'll firm/insure from your choices? I notice you have both warwick and nottingham and i have those down too and i'm currently unable to decide.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1197
Original post by Krydel
Quoted for truth. Still waiting here.

If you don't mind me asking, do you know where you'll firm/insure from your choices? I notice you have both warwick and nottingham and i have those down too and i'm currently unable to decide.

Hey, I'm not sure at the minute. It depends on whether Nottingham offer me I suppose, I got 17 on the LNAT, so just below average but I don't know their cut-off point. I love Nottingham but I got an offer from Warwick and now I'm completely stumped. I mean if Nottingham offered AAB (which has happened!) it'd be Warwick firmed and Nottingham insurance but if Notts offers me the same as Warwick then I don't know at all. Insurance wise it would have to be UEA, but I'm not sure I even want to go there or would be happy there... I don't know :/
Sorry for the rant :P
My LNAT score was 15, and at present my Predicted Grades stand at AABBCad (already have d in physics).
Do you think I stand a chance of an offer from Notts? (I'm guessing no, but staying hopeful :P )
Reply 1199
Original post by *BB*
Hey, I'm not sure at the minute. It depends on whether Nottingham offer me I suppose, I got 17 on the LNAT, so just below average but I don't know their cut-off point. I love Nottingham but I got an offer from Warwick and now I'm completely stumped. I mean if Nottingham offered AAB (which has happened!) it'd be Warwick firmed and Nottingham insurance but if Notts offers me the same as Warwick then I don't know at all. Insurance wise it would have to be UEA, but I'm not sure I even want to go there or would be happy there... I don't know :/
Sorry for the rant :P

Heh, don't worry about the rant, i'm in a similar dilema :colondollar:

I got 19 on the LNAT, so only 2 marks between us. Same as you, it depends on what i get from Nottingham, as you say if they offer me AAB it will probably be insurance to protect against bad grades. If they offer AAA i will have to do a lot of thinking. Insurance is Reading at the moment, though Bristol can hand out reduced offers sometimes too!

It's cruel making us wait this long :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending