The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Original post by Jacke02
Yeh i feel the same when i go to talks by myself on opendays... its for people with an offer at the college so im not sure if it'll be any different. Hmm

Ah, take your mother and show her around. Make her proud of you. :smile:
Are there any mature students here?! I've asked before, I think, but I'm in a bit of a joyless slough of 'this is all unreal, I genuinely can't believe I'm actually going' and I may or may not be alone.

Actually, turning that around, I'll forget about that and sympathise with all of you in limbo not knowing(!) if you'll get your grades - {{{{viiiibessssss}}}}!! :fluffy:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1022
Original post by chai wallah
Are there any mature students here?! I've asked before, I think, but I'm in a bit of a joyless slough of 'this is all unreal, I genuinely can't believe I'm actually going' and I may or may not be alone.

I'm a mature student :smile: Doing an Access course at the moment and have an offer to study Law at Hughes Hall!
Reply 1023
Hello!

Holding an unconditional offer (not the super clever kind, just the lazy post-A-level kind) for PPS at Pembroke. Only met Maths applicants and medics at the interview - anyone else hitting Pembroke next year?
Any Caius offer holders can find the FB group here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_178846068824113
Heyy all :smile:
I created a Facebook Group for all incoming Downing offer holders, because I really can't work out how to use the student room! :smile:
Just search and join "Downing College Freshers 2011" and we can see who's who for October!! :biggrin:
:biggrin:

The URL is: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_128823397186587&ref=ts
(edited 13 years ago)
Any groups for King's freshers?
Reply 1027
Original post by comrade_jon
Any groups for King's freshers?

I would join that but I'm such a technophobe and don't know how to set these up (a little bit bad since i'm a Biological NatSci student and scientists are expected to be techno-savy). Maybe if we find a computer scientist? :smile: Any King's Offer Holders who can set up groups?
Original post by bs_482
I would join that but I'm such a technophobe and don't know how to set these up (a little bit bad since i'm a Biological NatSci student and scientists are expected to be techno-savy). Maybe if we find a computer scientist? :smile: Any King's Offer Holders who can set up groups?

I would set one up but similarly I am a little cautious and will have to await someone who is clearly an expert in such social networking fields :P
Reply 1029
Hey,
Its pretty easy to create a Facebook group but I do t really want to manage it. Would you prefer it to be closed, admin confirms join requests, open or secret where you invite other Facebook users? Title of group would be King's college Cambridge offer holders 2011. I too am hopefully going to study Bio natsci.
(edited 13 years ago)
when should i expect a reading list? i want to start straight away.
Anyone esle for peterhouse?
Reply 1031
Original post by EffDee
any English litters? Or Newnham go-ers?

Yes Newnham! AMES.
Heading to the pool open day on the 23rd Feb
Reply 1032
Original post by clarris
Yes Newnham! AMES.
Heading to the pool open day on the 23rd Feb

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_163346513717253

Join the group :smile: nice to meet you
Original post by amishg
Hey,
Its pretty easy to create a Facebook group but I do t really want to manage it. Would you prefer it to be closed, admin confirms join requests, open or secret where you invite other Facebook users? Title of group would be King's college Cambridge offer holders 2011. I too am hopefully going to study Bio natsci.

It can be public I guess and then just get admin to confirm requests to join. If you set it up and get a few members then can just offer the adminship to someone else :smile:
Reply 1034
Search Cambridge King's College Offer Holders 2011 on facebook and join the public group. When there are enough members ill change privacy to closed.
Reply 1035
Original post by bigbosomsevie
when should i expect a reading list? i want to start straight away.
Anyone esle for peterhouse?

I got an offer for medicine
when was your interview?
Original post by dinat
I got an offer for medicine
when was your interview?

my interview ended up being on the 10th after much kerfuffle (long, tedious, traumatic story). with any luck we could both be there this time next year! have you had a reading list (or whatever medics get)?
Hi, I got an offer from Peterhouse for French and Spanish, as well after getting pooled from Corpus. Is there a Facebook group or anything for Peterhouse or MML people yet by the way? I'm useless at anything to do with computers :rolleyes:
xxx
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by *Emerlina*
Hi, I got an offer from Peterhouse for French and Spanish, as well after getting pooled from Corpus. Is there a Facebook group or anything for Peterhouse or MML people yet by the way? I'm useless at anything to do with computers :rolleyes:
xxx

oooh fabulous! congrats! I think they think you'll fit in there, else you'd not have been fished :smile: good luck till Aug, if applicable!
Reply 1039
Original post by bigbosomsevie
my interview ended up being on the 10th after much kerfuffle (long, tedious, traumatic story). with any luck we could both be there this time next year! have you had a reading list (or whatever medics get)?

no we don't get anything
my interview was on the 10th too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending