The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1600
Original post by BigPash
Aww I'm sorry, when did you apply/what AS level grades did you get? I'm just waiting for my his/pol rejection now.. :frown: so where is your first choice now?

It's fiine. I got BBBCD at AS (continuing the BBB subjects which are history, philosophy, and english lit and retook some stuff). My application got through on 3rd November :smile: I'm sure you'll be fine! My first choice now is presumably Nottingham which is still great, so I'm not too down! I'm just a bit miffed because they didn't supply a reason so I emailed asking exactly what it was. Good luck with your application :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1601
Original post by chanique12
rejected for politics and international studies today. my grades were higher than the standard requirement, and honestly my PS wasn't that bad. absolutely gutted as well :frown: guess i can cancel all hope for LSE now..

Aghhh that sucks, they must have had a bit of a slaughter today! Did they supply you with a reason why? Good luck with everywhere else :smile: x
Original post by goodboy4444
HEY!

I also have an offer for chemistry with management and i got that sometime in october.But this is my fifth option...but it is very much possible that by next month it will be my only option!!!What offer did u get??:smile:

Hey, I got an offer for ABB too. I'm a little worried about keeping up with the course though. Have you been to an open day? How do you like the idea of Warwick?
Original post by ruffledpuff
Hey, I got an offer for ABB too. I'm a little worried about keeping up with the course though. Have you been to an open day? How do you like the idea of Warwick?

congrats!What r u worried about??I have not been to any open days but i went to coventry to meet someone and visited the university and i really liked it.Yes it is a bit isolated but the campus is huge!Its a very good university and it depends what u want to do after this course?If u want to go into finance and stuff then this is a good course...i dont think its really suited for doing a masters in chemistry or going into research!!If i dont get into medicine i will be very happy to do this course!Good luck!! :biggrin:
Original post by goodboy4444
congrats!What r u worried about??I have not been to any open days but i went to coventry to meet someone and visited the university and i really liked it.Yes it is a bit isolated but the campus is huge!Its a very good university and it depends what u want to do after this course?If u want to go into finance and stuff then this is a good course...i dont think its really suited for doing a masters in chemistry or going into research!!If i dont get into medicine i will be very happy to do this course!Good luck!! :biggrin:

The workload seems a lot. I've struggled a bit with AS chemistry so I'm worried how I'll do it at uni. And all the lab work is lot. My practicals never go right=p. Although considering you do medicine, the workload might be a bit of a step down=p. But I agree. The university is simply wonderful.
Ahhhh, I've never checked my gmail account so many times in one day.
Oh wait, yes I have; everyday for the past 3 weeks!:afraid:
Original post by JJBSussat
I had one in December because i couldnt attend my interview.
Basically, you have to fill in some more details. Then it asks you questions like "What experience have you had?" "Why are you suitable for the course?" "Why choose Warwick?"

You can copy/paste from word and I think you have a few weeks to get back to them. I did it that day thought just to be sure. I had an offer today :smile:

i only have 48 hours to get back to them! oh well jeez thanks! welldone on your offer and hopefully hopefully see you there!! dont actually think i will get the grades x
Original post by ffffreya
Aghhh that sucks, they must have had a bit of a slaughter today! Did they supply you with a reason why? Good luck with everywhere else :smile: x

Nope, nothing. It's a competitive course, so i guess that's what they'll respond with.. Thanks either way:smile:
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back for English Lit & Creative Writing? The interview date is only 2 weeks from today and I've still got nothing so I'm assuming I'm rejected at this point :sad: I don't want to be all impatient but surely when inviting people to an interview Warwick must give them a reasonable amount of notice to make travel arrangements and whatnot :dontknow:
Reply 1609
Original post by chanique12
Nope, nothing. It's a competitive course, so i guess that's what they'll respond with.. Thanks either way:smile:

They didn't give me a reason either, so I emailed them and they reeled off this stuff that they must give to everyone so I'm going to ask again for the actual reason!
Which course?
Original post by bubble11
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back for English Lit & Creative Writing? The interview date is only 2 weeks from today and I've still got nothing so I'm assuming I'm rejected at this point :sad: I don't want to be all impatient but surely when inviting people to an interview Warwick must give them a reasonable amount of notice to make travel arrangements and whatnot :dontknow:

Hey, I'm still waiting too! IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!
They're the only uni who haven't gotten back to me yet...I'm really worrying that I won't get an interview if they're leaving it to this late...but I haven't heard of anyone getting a rejection for lit and creative writing from Wariwck yet either...so I'm very confused :s-smilie: I just hope I hear back soon!!
Original post by xx glitterpixie xx
Hey, I'm still waiting too! IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!
They're the only uni who haven't gotten back to me yet...I'm really worrying that I won't get an interview if they're leaving it to this late...but I haven't heard of anyone getting a rejection for lit and creative writing from Wariwck yet either...so I'm very confused :s-smilie: I just hope I hear back soon!!

I vaguely remember hearing about someone getting a rejection not long ago... I think :s-smilie: They must've rejected some people by now because you'd think they'd sort out the definite "no's" first. Well hopefully no news is good news! But if they are still giving out interview invites they're not leaving much time for portfolios to be sent!
Is annnnyone still waiting to hear for Straight English Literature?
I know a lot of people with rejections/interviews but ive heard nothing!
Original post by ffffreya
They didn't give me a reason either, so I emailed them and they reeled off this stuff that they must give to everyone so I'm going to ask again for the actual reason!

You do that! Considering it myself, still gutted:frown: Would actually have been comforting with a good explanation.
Reply 1615
Original post by MariannaConst
Is annnnyone still waiting to hear for Straight English Literature?
I know a lot of people with rejections/interviews but ive heard nothing!

I am :frown: But I didn't know anyone had been given a rejection? Perhaps there's hope after all. A very, very small glimmer, but hope nonetheless.

In a way I'm sort of glad 'cause I thought if I got an interview that it was go terribly but at the same time I'm kind of sad 'cause I would at least like the chance! argh. Maybe we're on a reserve list? So if someone they've invited can't make we'll hear something? We'll have to hear something soon anyway, the interview date is in about two weeks...
Reply 1616
Has anyone heard any news for V100 History?
Anyone heard of LLD2 Economics, Politics and International Studies ?
Has anyone heard anything about law? I'm completely freaking out :frown:
Original post by Liles93
Same and same! :biggrin:

I'm so in love with the renaissance course there, it's crazy :P
Are you going for that one too?

I'm going for modern history - got an offer a week ago, AAB + C at AS :smile: I'd love to do the whole thing, I'd love to study in Italy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending